GAME 51: Clippers (32-18) vs Lakers (31-18)—Sunday 3:30PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Re: GAME 51: Clippers (32-18) vs Lakers (31-18)—Sunday 3:30PM 

Post#41 » by playaloc916 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:01 am

Read on Twitter

This is what we need. The point guard asking where guys want the ball. Let Rondo take care of setting his teammates up so they get the shots they want, instead of having PG and Kawhi handle a double duty of trying to score as well as set other guys up. Spurs had Parker, Raps had Lowry. Hopefully Rondo can stay healthy and follow in that trend.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#42 » by TheNewEra » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:08 am

Blazers should be a good challenge
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#43 » by RingColluder » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:45 am

donemilio21 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:How many **** times do we need to see PG make 4-5 careless TO's a game before admitting he is the worst option for us as a PG?

Pleas have Mann and Rondo take ALL his time as a PG. PG is best as a spot up guy, that is it. Rebounding and defense.

--
Thank god Morris looks great. As said, he is by far the 2nd best offensive option on this team. 6th in the NBa in 3pt FG%? Jesus Christ.

Otherwise nice game, I am very happy with how Rondo looked.

he definitely did not bring much today. Most days he plays same level as Morris, and he'd be much better as a spot up shooter than a ball handler. If Rondo can settle in and play point guard 25ish minutes a game, that'd be good for everyone

Since all star break, Morris has been outplaying Paul George 90% of the time offensively.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,223

Post#44 » by Scoundreldays » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:58 am

I like PG and want him to succeed but I hold my breath everytime he tries to dribble through a crowd. That being said good job on the win. It would be great to pull wins on both the Suns and Blazers. Let's go!
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Post#45 » by Kelphus » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:57 am

I don't care if the fLakers are depleted right now... any win over the stupid Purple and Gold is a happy night for me.

Go Clips!
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#46 » by clipperlover » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:58 am

RingColluder wrote:How many **** times do we need to see PG make 4-5 careless TO's a game before admitting he is the worst option for us as a PG?

Pleas have Mann and Rondo take ALL his time as a PG. PG is best as a spot up guy, that is it. Rebounding and defense.

--
Thank god Morris looks great. As said, he is by far the 2nd best offensive option on this team. 6th in the NBa in 3pt FG%? Jesus Christ.

Yeah. Morris looked real great against a Denver team that actually played D vs a depleted Lakers team.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#47 » by clipperlover » Mon Apr 5, 2021 4:59 am

Kelphus wrote:I don't care if the fLakers are depleted right now... any win over the stupid Purple and Gold is a happy night for me.

Go Clips!

This game meant nothing. We need to beat them in a playoff series before any win against them means anything.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#48 » by RingColluder » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:21 am

clipperlover wrote:

--

Yeah. Morris looked real great against a Denver team that actually played D vs a depleted Lakers team.

Morris is the best player offensively besides Kawhi. Paul George injured is at best a #3 player.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#49 » by clipperlover » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:53 pm

RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

--

Morris is the best player offensively besides Kawhi. Paul George injured is at best a #3 player.

That is such BS. Morris is a one trick pony and when that trick is off, he doesn't add much value. Lou Williams is a better offensive player than Morris, are you saying we should have kept him?

Wow. If only basketball was about one side of the ball. Paul George is averaging more rebounds per game this season than Morris has in his best year. Morris is hitting threes, but pulls down over two rbs LESS per game than PG. PG is averaging over 5 assists a game to Morris's 1.5.

Man, I guess I should wish that Paul George could shoot an abysmal 43.6% inside the 3 pt line vs his current 50%. I should wish Paul George could only make about 1 trip to the FT line per game.

Please provide the offensive area, other than standing at the 3 pt line with no other responsibilities (e.g. ball handling), where Morris is better than Paul George. Surely, the numbers and advanced metrics will show this offensive superiority Morris has.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#50 » by RingColluder » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:03 pm

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

That is such BS. Morris is a one trick pony and when that trick is off, he doesn't add much value. Lou Williams is a better offensive player than Morris, are you saying we should have kept him?

Wow. If only basketball was about one side of the ball. Paul George is averaging more rebounds per game this season than Morris has in his best year. Morris is hitting threes, but pulls down over two rbs LESS per game than PG. PG is averaging over 5 assists a game to Morris's 1.5.

Man, I guess I should wish that Paul George could shoot an abysmal 43.6% inside the 3 pt line vs his current 50%. I should wish Paul George could only make about 1 trip to the FT line per game.

Please provide the offensive area, other than standing at the 3 pt line with no other responsibilities (e.g. ball handling), where Morris is better than Paul George. Surely, the numbers and advanced metrics will show this offensive superiority Morris has.

I'm talking OFFENSIVELY. Paul George is great at rebounds and defense (Morris is a great defender too). PG is doing a HORRIBLE job at PG with his turnovers and careless passes. MORRIS IS A BETTER SCORER THAN PG RIGHT NOW AND HAS BEEN SINCE ASB.

And yeah I wish Paul George was 6th in the NBA in 3PT FG% like Morris. You're a joke.

My point is: MORRIS should be getting more touches than George offensively. This is just so obvious it's obnoxious. Paul George is great at a lot of things like rebounding and defending, but he should not be our 2nd offensive option or handling the ball so much. He is a great spot up shooter, that's all he should be.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by RingColluder » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:05 pm

Just bc we have him locked up for 4 more years doesn't mean you can ignore what's in front of our face.

It's one thing for some posters here to be like, "Yeah we all know PG is struggling a lot, no need to harp on it" which is reasonable. It's another thing entirely to be so delusional about how bad he has the last 1.5 months that you ignore what every other NBA fan sees and has been seeing.

Rondo should be taking the ball out of PG's hands ongoing, which will autocorrect a lot of these problems.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#52 » by clipperlover » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:44 pm

RingColluder wrote:
I'm talking OFFENSIVELY. Paul George is great at rebounds and defense (Morris is a great defender too). PG is doing a HORRIBLE job at PG with his turnovers and careless passes. MORRIS IS A BETTER SCORER THAN PG RIGHT NOW AND HAS BEEN SINCE ASB.

And yeah I wish Paul George was 6th in the NBA in 3PT FG% like Morris. You're a joke.

My point is: MORRIS should be getting more touches than George offensively. This is just so obvious it's obnoxious. Paul George is great at a lot of things like rebounding and defending, but he should not be our 2nd offensive option or handling the ball so much. He is a great spot up shooter, that's all he should be.

Feel free o do some research, find the numbers that support your claim and post them here for everyone to discuss.

I suspect there are no such numbers.

I must have missed the All-Defensive Teams and the All-NBA Teams where Morris was selected. Can you provide the link to those also?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by RingColluder » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:51 pm

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Feel free o do some research, find the numbers that support your claim and post them here for everyone to discuss.

I suspect there are no such numbers.

I must have missed the All-Defensive Teams and the All-NBA Teams where Morris was selected. Can you provide the link to those also?

Keep going to the past bro, and I mentioned a ton of stats from PG's game THIS SEASON in the other thread

No one is saying Morris is a better player than PG or that he should make more money.

The bottom line is Morris is a better scorer and offensive player than PG right now and has been for at least the last 2 months or so.

You're verging on delusional w your fanboying of PG right now. Just bc he's on a 4 year deal doesn't mean you have to be blind.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#54 » by clipperlover » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:07 am

RingColluder wrote:
The bottom line is Morris is a better scorer and offensive player than PG right now and has been for at least the last 2 months or so.

Show the numbers then. I haven't seen any numbers that support that premise because there are no such numbers.

PG has scored 20 or more points 3 time more often that Morris and Morris has scored 10 or less points 12 times more often.

It's really easy to find the numbers:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog/2021
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/morrima03/gamelog/2021
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by RingColluder » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:19 am

clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Show the numbers then. I haven't seen any numbers that support that premise because there are no such numbers.

PG has scored 20 or more points 3 time more often that Morris and Morris has scored 10 or less points 12 times more often.

You realize the roles they have? Morris has been 9-13, 9-16, 5-11, 7-12, 6-11, and 5-9
PG in that time frame, 6-14, 5-15, 8-18, 10-28, 8-13, 3-12.

Morris is 6th in the NBA in 3pt %, and 5th is Kennard who barely plays any legit minutes.

Morris needs MORE shots not less, and PG needs LESS shots based on how he's playing. Garbage stat padding from PG to end games when their up 20 does nothing.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#56 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:38 am

RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

You realize the roles they have? Morris has been 9-13, 9-16, 5-11, 7-12, 6-11, and 5-9

Morris is 6th in the NBA in 3pt %, and 5th is Kennard who barely plays any legit minutes.

Morris needs MORE shots not less, and PG needs LESS shots based on how he's playing. Garbage stat padding from PG to end games when their up 20 does nothing.

It's not the shooting numbers only. Opponents let Morris shoot uncontested or semi contested shots in order to stop Kawhi-Pg drives into the lane. They respect Kawhi&PG's offense more than Morris clearly. The NBA coaches knows that and will give the ball the player who takes more double teams in order to create open shots... As long as trend continues. :nod:

Rondo is a 20 mpg player. So we still gonna see a lot of PG13 playmaking in games because neither Mann or Bev can take double teams and faciliate as well as PG13 unfortunately.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by RingColluder » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:01 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

It's not the shooting numbers only. Opponents let Morris shoot uncontested or semi contested shots in order to stop Kawhi-Pg drives into the lane. They respect Kawhi&PG's offense more than Morris clearly. The NBA coaches knows that and will give the ball the player who takes more double teams in order to create open shots... As long as trend continues. :nod:

Rondo is a 20 mpg player. So we still gonna see a lot of PG13 playmaking in games because neither Mann or Bev can take double teams and faciliate as well as PG13 unfortunately.

How do we know Mann can't? If PG is truly injured he shouldn't be adding even more to his load, we should be developing TMann ideally in time for the playoffs... have you seen how much he has grown in only a year? If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but there have to be better options than PG at PG.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#58 » by esqtvd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:11 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
clipperlover wrote:

Exactly. "Ball movement" around the horn at the 3-point line is nice but still only gets you a 3-point shot @ 40%. What you REALLY want is a shot at the rim @ 60% with the chance of an and+1 or in the least 2 FTs. REAL "ball movement" is into the paint or back out. Vertical not horizontal.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:27 am

RingColluder wrote:
How do we know Mann can't? If PG is truly injured he shouldn't be adding even more to his load, we should be developing TMann ideally in time for the playoffs... have you seen how much he has grown in only a year? If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but there have to be better options than PG at PG.

Rondo and Bev are PROVEN playoff performers. Not even counting Rondo, we're already in scramble mode to throw together a championship team on the fly and get them into the flow. Mann took Kennard's minutes at the 2/3 not at the 1/2. Paul George has been forced to play at the point because neither Mann or Kennard can. FACT.

Bev is coming back, Rondo is here and we still have Reggie. Forget Mann at the 1 and forget Kennard "the playmaker." Forget "developing." 20 games left. School's out.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by RingColluder » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:51 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Exactly. "Ball movement" around the horn at the 3-point line is nice but still only gets you a 3-point shot @ 40%. What you REALLY want is a shot at the rim @ 60% with the chance of an and+1 or in the least 2 FTs. REAL "ball movement" is into the paint or back out. Vertical not horizontal.

and PG is not good around the rim! Or at drawing contact for FT's!

I think most likely Rondo (and Mann to an extent) will help ball movement and keep our 3 pt shooters (Morris and sorta Batum sadly maybe Kennard) more open to make shots. We're a 3 PT shooting team it is what it is.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers