og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,164

Beverley out 3-4 weeks with hand surgery 

Post#1 » by og15 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:24 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Well, maybe this is part of why he was front rimimg all his shots (even though it is off hand). Par the course for Beverley, he's less reliable health wise than the last reliable player you can think of health wise.

Sucks, but guess it can be good in that we'll have to see more of other guys.

Let's be real, we knew this about Bev, the 18-19 season was a career outlier, no one thought (or should have) that he would stay healthy. His whole was of playing is an injury waiting for happen (for him or opponents).
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Beverley out 3-4 weeks with hand surgery 

Post#2 » by TheNewEra » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:49 am

Seems he hurt in the 4th quarter so the shots were just rust shots lol. Beverly already needed to show out to keep his starting job but man he might need to be lights out in the playoffs just to stay on the team

You can’t go into year three of the 213 era hoping he can just stay on the court. Hoping guys stay healthy plagued the lob city era
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#3 » by KL2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:00 am

Tough break, no pun intended, for Bev.

Good thing Jackson has been balling out and Rondo fits right in. Of course this means more minutes for Mann and Kennard again.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#4 » by Max Headrom » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:04 am

Honestly, this could be a blessing in disguise because Mann brings more to the table right now and gives the Clippers a different look. Love Bev but, Mann deserved Bevs minutes
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#5 » by Clemenza » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:24 am

Get well but he should've never put bumped ahead of Mann and Kennard in the rotation in the first place. Not to throw shade at Bev but his future on the team is looking shaky. Too many injuries and too many guys dying to take his place at one-fourth the cost
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#6 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am

I'm not surprised I was telling myself he still had one more in him before the end of the season. Has he even played more than 5 games consecutively without getting hurt this season?

Time to unleash Mann!
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#7 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 am

I'll just say it: it's time for the Clippers to move on from Beverley. He's injured 90% of the time and often fouls out or gets ejected from the handful of games he actually plays in. The undisciplined dirty plays, the bulletin board material he gives to our opponents, it's just not worth it. Enough is enough. Mann is better than him anyway and doesn't deserve to be frozen out of the rotation.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#8 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I'll just say it: it's time for the Clippers to move on from Beverley. He's injured 90% of the time and often fouls out or gets ejected from the handful of games he actually plays in. The undisciplined dirty plays, the bulletin board material he gives to our opponents, it's just not worth it. Enough is enough. Mann is better than him anyway and doesn't deserve to be frozen out of the rotation.

His contract expires after this season right?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#9 » by Clemenza » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:25 am

Scoundreldays wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'll just say it: it's time for the Clippers to move on from Beverley. He's injured 90% of the time and often fouls out or gets ejected from the handful of games he actually plays in. The undisciplined dirty plays, the bulletin board material he gives to our opponents, it's just not worth it. Enough is enough. Mann is better than him anyway and doesn't deserve to be frozen out of the rotation.

His contract expires after this season right?

I believe he has one more year after this one for $14 million
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#10 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:41 am

Rondo
Pg
Kawhi
Ibaka
Zubac

Reggie
Kennard
Batum
Morris
Cousins
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#11 » by donemilio21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:29 am

suspicious. not to start rumors but wouldn't he have noticed he fractured his hand ? I didn't see him showing any signs of being hurt in the 4th. Could he have punched something after getting ejected ?
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Post#12 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:58 am

donemilio21 wrote:suspicious. not to start rumors but wouldn't he have noticed he fractured his hand ? I didn't see him showing any signs of being hurt in the 4th. Could he have punched something after getting ejected ?

I felt the same thing too. Guy has more than avarage BBIQ but human IQ. Can't see a future for him on this team next year unless he contributes big time for Finals Run :noway:
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#13 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:15 pm

donemilio21 wrote:suspicious. not to start rumors but wouldn't he have noticed he fractured his hand ? I didn't see him showing any signs of being hurt in the 4th. Could he have punched something after getting ejected ?

I thought it was suspicious too, but it is his left hand- he is right handed and I doubt he would impulsively punch something with his left hand
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,164

Post#14 » by og15 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Fractures can feel like sprains. I've played a couple of weeks with both a sprained thumb and middle finger which ended up being fractures. Afte the pain didn't go away, I thought let's see what's up. For them, they take x-rays and such right away basically. So I'm not really skeptical, but you never know.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#15 » by Max Headrom » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 am

I remember the play he did it. He tried to poke the ball away/steal from CP3 after he grabbed a rebound. Bev immediately shook and held his hand. It also explains why he hit Paul instead of wrapping him up to foul him when he got ejected
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Post#16 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Man, I love Bev and his hustle and all, but... if he continues to play about 10-15% of games - he might as well retire. FML...
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#17 » by Vae Victus » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:08 pm

After this season Beverly + DET SRPs need to be dangled and see what offers come in. As an expiring deal, either some team under the cap will eat him, then buy him out to save a coupla mil, in order to pocket those high SRPs. Or a comparable salary role player comes back, both doesnt totally suck and is always injured like PatBev.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#18 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:27 pm

Vae Victus wrote:After this season Beverly + DET SRPs need to be dangled and see what offers come in. As an expiring deal, either some team under the cap will eat him, then buy him out to save a coupla mil, in order to pocket those high SRPs. Or a comparable salary role player comes back, both doesnt totally suck and is always injured like PatBev.

Anyone can break a hand. Not related to someone with chronic injuries. It's the knee that's the worry. And as people are so fond of saying, it's only the playoffs that matter eh? Bev's wheels will be rested, and he can play with a light cast or splint if he has to.

Bev will be there. Let's see what happens.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#19 » by donemilio21 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:26 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:After this season Beverly + DET SRPs need to be dangled and see what offers come in. As an expiring deal, either some team under the cap will eat him, then buy him out to save a coupla mil, in order to pocket those high SRPs. Or a comparable salary role player comes back, both doesnt totally suck and is always injured like PatBev.

Anyone can break a hand. Not related to someone with chronic injuries. It's the knee that's the worry. And as people are so fond of saying, it's only the playoffs that matter eh? Bev's wheels will be rested, and he can play with a light cast or splint if he has to.

Bev will be there. Let's see what happens.

Agree. Fractures are often not associated with being injury prone, if they happen on contact. That being said, there is enough history here to argue that he hasn't worked out for us since he signed the extension. When he plays, we are a pretty good team, but he needs to play.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#20 » by NippySudz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:56 pm

I hope whenever he returns, he's relegated to the bench in the fourth quarter and let rondo finish the game unless its matchup specific. Yeah, he has a great plus minus, but I think the playoffs will come down to wire and I really don't want bone headed fouls when they're not needed. The suns game was an example of that.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers