ImageImageImageImageImage

The "Underground Petition" (to Honor Lou Will)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Post#1 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:22 am

Hey guys,
The recent Lou Williams trade (from the Clippers to the Hawks) really hurt me a LOT... :x He's, by far, my favorite player. Seeing him traded by the snakes in the front office is so extremely PAINFUL that I had to team up w/ fellow die-hard LAC fan De'Von Maurice (a.k.a. Humble B. Vicious) to create a special petition.
 I'd really appreciate it if you could please support it by signing (link):

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/809/819/834/the-Underground-petition-to-honor-Lou-Williams

Also, I'd very much appreciate it if you could share your thoughts in the comments section of this video:

A LOT of time, effort and work was put into this project...
Main Goals:

1.) a STATUE of Lou Williams in front of the new CLIPPERS arena;

2.) the Clippers to give Lou Will either a 10-day contract, or worst-case scenario: a 1-Day contract, so that he can retire as a Clipper!

3.) And of course, the Main Goal of this cause is the Clippers to honor Lou Williams by retiring his jersey number 23 in the rafters of the Clippers new arena in Inglewood!
Thank you, all!!

NOTE:
➤Background Music "Game Mode" by HUMBLE B. VICIOUS (Written by: De'Von MAURICE):

➤ "Game Mode" on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7396C1NjREV63x2jV0ExXl?fbclid=IwAR2nlfGpcm4_Mrg-oQhWS0DhJ46K_Py3aiDadXs6gujbYBC-j72sNeC6Xy8
➤ "Game Mode" on iTunes: https://music.apple.com/album/id/1548094932
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

OPEN LETTER to LAC Front Office 

Post#2 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:28 pm

And here is the official tweet, for those who fancy Twitter:

Read on Twitter

I usually don't do this, but your RTs (Retweets) would be VERY much appreciated.
Thanks again! Go Clippers!!
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: The "Underground Petition" (to Honor Lou Will) 

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:15 am

It came out OK for Lou. He got traded back home and the Hawks are 10-2 since he got there.

Rondo brings something unique that we can't get from other people we already have, particularly Reggie, who could well find himself in Lou's old role once everyone gets back. Neither does Rondo do much for the Hawks that Trae Young doesn't. What is helpful to them is Lou's instant offense.

It was the right move for both teams.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#4 » by Kelphus » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:27 am

Agree, Tom, Lou Williams was great for us except of course last playoffs. But he scored a ton of points and bailed us out many times.

Top secret underground petitions, how edgy! I'm in.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

Post#5 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:20 am

esqtvd wrote:It came out OK for Lou. He got traded back home and the Hawks are 10-2 since he got there.

Rondo brings something unique that we can't get from other people we already have, particularly Reggie, who could well find himself in Lou's old role once everyone gets back. Neither does Rondo do much for the Hawks that Trae Young doesn't. What is helpful to them is Lou's instant offense.

I respectfully disagree.

Rondo is not the missing piece, and that became obvious last night against the Suns.
Lou Williams renewed my love of basketball. Watching him score 50 points against the Warriors made me just want to see more and more of him. Getting to see him play in person were some of the best times I've ever had in LA...
Lou took a terrible job with an awful team that had no chances and co-turned it into a place where superstars knew they could thrive! Lou has the most points off the bench of all time and his pick & roll game is unique. Lou turned the franchise around and we need to honor him forever.

It may have been the right move to gamble by adding Rondo, but NOT at the expense of Lou Williams... heck no!! :banghead:
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

"Underground Petition": UPDATE! 

Post#6 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 am

Kelphus wrote: (...) Top secret underground petitions, how edgy! I'm in.

That's the spirit! Made my day, Kel!! 8-)

Quick update: we've got 100... Job not done yet! Let's go!!

Here's a nice little short link that's easy to share w/ friends:

https://bit.ly/U-GOATpetition
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#7 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 am

BenchOnaQUEST wrote:
esqtvd wrote:It came out OK for Lou. He got traded back home and the Hawks are 10-2 since he got there.

I respectfully disagree.

Rondo is not the missing piece, and that became obvious last night against the Suns.
Lou Williams renewed my love of basketball. Watching him score 50 points against the Warriors made me just want to see more and more of him. Getting to see him play in person were some of the best times I've ever had in LA...
Lou took a terrible job with an awful team that had no chances and co-turned it into a place where superstars knew they could thrive! Lou has the most points off the bench of all time and his pick & roll game is unique. Lou turned the franchise around and we need to honor him forever.

It may have been the right move to gamble by adding Rondo, but NOT at the expense of Lou Williams... heck no!! :banghead:

EVERYBODY'S GONE, bro...

Pat Bev is the only one left from opening day 2018-19. And if my quick math is correct, he's missed over half our games since he became a Clipper.

I agree there's nothing here to love for us long-timers. NOTHING. Zu is the only other survivor from that year's 48-win MIRACLE team. We have to start building new memories--and after last year's playoff disgrace wiped away any fond memories of that season...

Well, here we are. Let the new memories begin. :D
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 am

@Bobbah--bittersweet, eh?

outside the CP3 and Kawhi teams, this was actually the winningest team in Clipper history
not a single All-Star in sight
only two left now

No. Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date Exp College
21 Patrick Beverley PG 6-1 180 July 12, 1988 us 6 Arkansas
11 Avery Bradley SG 6-3 180 November 26, 1990 us 8 Texas
22 Wilson Chandler SF 6-8 235 May 10, 1987 us 10 DePaul
31 Ángel Delgado C 6-10 245 November 20, 1994 do R Seton Hall
8 Danilo Gallinari SF 6-10 233 August 8, 1988 it 9
2 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander PG 6-6 180 July 12, 1998 ca R Kentucky
13 Marcin Gortat C 6-11 240 February 17, 1984 pl 11
4 JaMychal Green PF 6-8 227 June 21, 1990 us 4 Alabama
5 Montrezl Harrell C 6-7 240 January 26, 1994 us 3 Louisville
34 Tobias Harris PF 6-8 226 July 15, 1992 us 7 Tennessee
51 Boban Marjanović C 7-4 290 August 15, 1988 rs 3
12 Luc Mbah a Moute PF 6-8 230 September 9, 1986 cm 10 UCLA
15 Johnathan Motley PF 6-8 230 May 4, 1995 us 1 Baylor
10 Jerome Robinson SG 6-4 190 February 22, 1997 us R Boston College
30 Mike Scott PF 6-7 237 July 16, 1988 us 6 Virginia
20 Landry Shamet SG 6-4 190 March 13, 1997 us R Wichita State
17 Garrett Temple SG 6-5 195 May 8, 1986 us 8 LSU
4 Miloš Teodosić PG 6-5 196 March 19, 1987 rs 1
0 Sindarius Thornwell SG 6-4 215 November 15, 1994 us 1 South Carolina
9 Tyrone Wallace PG 6-5 198 June 10, 1994 us 1 California
23 Lou Williams SG 6-1 175 October 27, 1986 us 13
40 Ivica Zubac C 7-0 240 March 18, 1997 ba 2
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

Post#9 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:52 pm

esqtvd wrote:@Bobbah--bittersweet, eh?

outside the CP3 and Kawhi teams, this was actually the winningest team in Clipper history
not a single All-Star in sight
only two left now

No. Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date Exp College
21 Patrick Beverley PG 6-1 180 July 12, 1988 us 6 Arkansas (...)
9 Tyrone Wallace PG 6-5 198 June 10, 1994 us 1 California
23 Lou Williams SG 6-1 175 October 27, 1986 us 13
40 Ivica Zubac C 7-0 240 March 18, 1997 ba 2

Yes, Sir.. I remember it like it was yesterday.
My point was - that trade should NOT have involved Lou!! Trading Lou was totally wrong. :nonono:

EDIT: By the way, why is CJ Williams not in that list?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#10 » by MartinToVaught » Sat May 1, 2021 5:11 pm

A statue and a retired number? Seriously? I can think of several players more deserving of those honors.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#11 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 1, 2021 6:47 pm

Pass.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

The "Underground Petition" 

Post#12 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Tue May 4, 2021 9:33 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:A statue and a retired number? Seriously? I can think of several players more deserving of those honors.

I absolutely agree! And yeah, so can I...

Let me be clear that this was also fueled by momentum. We could not know for sure what could have happened if the Rondo trade did NOT involve Lou Will... Losing Lou doesn't solve all of our problems. He wanted to retire as a Clipper, he had unfinished business with us, and he's got fuel left in the tank. That same Front Office which you mentioned recently did him wrong and put an abrupt ending to Lou's LAC. Hence the momentum is huge now.
A few points:
1.) We had to aim high and list several goals in order to achieve at least one (I understand that most probably neither would be achieved, but the least we can do is give it a legit try).
2.) Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that the first jersey retirements and/or statue should be Lou's. (I've always said one of the first jerseys that should hang in the new Clippers arena should be Ralph Lawlers')
My point is, God knows if Lou could have been a part of a team that won our 1st championship. So with that in mind, at some point Lou Williams should be honored.
And our third goal (to get Lou back on either a 10-day or a 1-day contract) is very realistic.... (if Lou is okay with that, of course)
Go Clippers!
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

Post#13 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Mar 5, 2022 6:22 pm

Quick update, it's been about 9 months since I started this petition and... we're very close to reaching 200 signatures!!
I'd really appreciate your support, please guys. You Can SIGN the Petition HERE:
http://bit.ly/U-GOATpetition
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#14 » by NickP » Sun Mar 6, 2022 11:56 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Pass.

Cosign!
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

Post#15 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:43 am

Quick update: More than 200 signatures!!
I'd really appreciate your support, please guys. You Can SIGN the Petition HERE:
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#16 » by clipperlover » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Tudo bem bobbah? Quando você saiu de Dubai?

Unfortunately as far as the petition goes:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NtrP3UTWZWU
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#17 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:34 am

BenchOnaQUEST wrote:Quick update: More than 200 signatures!!

Tony--sorry to say that giving Lou's #23 to RoCo is just one more indication that Ballmer is going to be MILITANTLY unsentimental about pre-Ballmer franchise history

in fact if we don't win a title before the move to the new arena I think a name change is pretty much certain
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior

The "Underground Petition" (to honor Lou Will) 

Post#18 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:57 am

esqtvd wrote:
BenchOnaQUEST wrote:Quick update: More than 200 signatures!!

Tony--sorry to say that giving Lou's #23 to RoCo is just one more indication that Ballmer is going to be MILITANTLY unsentimental about pre-Ballmer franchise history
in fact if we don't win a title before the move to the new arena I think a name change is pretty much certain

Well Lou Will is not exactly 'pre-Ballmer'. Lou Will's stint overlaps the first years of the Ballmer era.
Also:
“I wish we would’ve been a little bit more patient with the process of trying to build something special,” Williams told ClutchPoints in an exclusive interview. “But you know in this day and age of the NBA, it’s instant results or nothing. That was the only disappointing part, but I have no regrets. I enjoy everybody, no hard feelings towards anybody. It’s cool.”
Is a return to the Clippers, via trade or free agency, something he’d consider when the time is right?

“Absolutely,” Williams confirmed. “If it makes sense, absolutely. Like I said, I have no hard feelings towards nobody. Obviously, I’ve still got great relationships here, so if it makes sense for both parties, we’ll do it.”

Source: https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-news-lou-williams-breaks-silence-on-trade-return-to-la/

Return to Los Angeles Clippers