ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 64: Clippers (43-20) @ Suns (43-18)—Wednesday 7PM PDT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Re: GAME 64: Clippers (43-20) @ Suns (43-18)—Wednesday 7PM PDT 

Post#121 » by Clemenza » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:19 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:This team is in deep, deep trouble. I can just sense the incoming first-round exit to the Lakers.

Ty Lue is Doc 2.0. He is a terrible coach, period. Come playoff time, Zu will be glued to the bench again (and so will Mann, probably) while Patterson and Reggie get to cost us games because they're Lue's favorites. It's like we never fired Doc at all. Just a really lazy and disappointing hire, which was obvious from the moment it was announced.

Playoff P choked once again. Is there any doubt we win this game with SGA and Gallo? It's time for the fans to stop coddling and making excuses for him, he is getting paid $190 million and cost us a ton of draft picks on top of that, and has rarely ever performed to the "superstar" level for us in a meaningful game. If we don't at least make the WCF this year, he needs to be traded, period.

Kawhi needs to stop with the secrecy and "precautions" and get back on the court. The last thing we need is him trying to get his rhythm back during the playoffs.

Is anyone surprised that this team immediately went to **** as soon as they started getting media attention and being ranked #1 in the power rankings? It's just a mentally weak team that can't handle any expectations at all.

Serious question since this statement keeps being repeated: How many wins to we get with SGA and Gallo when Kawhi doesn't play? Is Lue Will & Trez still on the team? Tonight would've been SGA & Gallo vs CP3, Booker, & Ayton. Last Friday would've been SGA & Gallo vs The Pels, Would this upcoming Saturday be SGA & Gallo vs The Nuggets? Not even sticking up for PG cause I hate letting Shai and those first rounder go not to mention passing on MPJ in the draft(my biggest issue). But real talk, if the #1 guy, who initiated everything btw, doesn't play much, what kind of team are we if we still have SGA & Gallo but Kawhi is still sitting out games?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,185

Post#122 » by og15 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm

Clemenza wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This team is in deep, deep trouble. I can just sense the incoming first-round exit to the Lakers.

Ty Lue is Doc 2.0. He is a terrible coach, period. Come playoff time, Zu will be glued to the bench again (and so will Mann, probably) while Patterson and Reggie get to cost us games because they're Lue's favorites. It's like we never fired Doc at all. Just a really lazy and disappointing hire, which was obvious from the moment it was announced.

Playoff P choked once again. Is there any doubt we win this game with SGA and Gallo? It's time for the fans to stop coddling and making excuses for him, he is getting paid $190 million and cost us a ton of draft picks on top of that, and has rarely ever performed to the "superstar" level for us in a meaningful game. If we don't at least make the WCF this year, he needs to be traded, period.

Kawhi needs to stop with the secrecy and "precautions" and get back on the court. The last thing we need is him trying to get his rhythm back during the playoffs.

Is anyone surprised that this team immediately went to **** as soon as they started getting media attention and being ranked #1 in the power rankings? It's just a mentally weak team that can't handle any expectations at all.

Serious question since this statement keeps being repeated: How many wins to we get with SGA and Gallo when Kawhi doesn't play? Is Lue Will & Trez still on the team? Tonight would've been SGA & Gallo vs CP3, Booker, & Ayton. Last Friday would've been SGA & Gallo vs The Pels, Would this upcoming Saturday be SGA & Gallo vs The Nuggets? Not even sticking up for PG cause I hate letting Shai and those first rounder go not to mention passing on MPJ in the draft(my biggest issue). But real talk, if the #1 guy, who initiated everything btw, doesn't play much, what kind of team are we if we still have SGA & Gallo but Kawhi is still sitting out games?

Not even sure Gallo is resigned for this season if he was a Clipper last season, and he's missed 20 games this season, which is normal for him. Certainly sad that SGA was traded, but I'm not sure if there's a real analysis behind that "if we had statement", it's just one of those statements to repeat over and over again for the sake of doing so.

I'm not sure what adding Gallo to the "if we had" means here, I know he was part of the trade, but Gallo is a nice player, efficient, balanced, but has some struggles in the post-season and his health is unreliable.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,185

Post#123 » by og15 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 pm

RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:Can't let the two bench scrubs have the scoring games they had. That was game right there

Bench players in general play better at home, don't know if that is the case with the Phoenix guys, but they are a pretty balanced scoring team.

Not too surprised. No Kawhi, they lost to the Clippers last time on the second game of a back to back when they were coming off the OT vs Utah, they certainly really wanted this one, especially with it also being the playoff clinching game for them after their however many years drought.

Beating the Suns on the road with no Kawhi is not really the expected result, but there was a chance at least.

Are you going to respond or look into my private message OG or does a no response assume it's a free for all on this board?

Also weren''t you one of those saying how the Pelicans game didn't matter and it was this Suns game that mattered? And now it's not a surprise they lost? Which is it?
Forum bickering is not on the top of my priority list, I have a wife and kids, they were my focus for most of the night while also trying to watch the game. The other stuff can wait, there's no time constraint on forum moderating unless there's some wild spammer loose.

I said the Pelicans game didn't matter? Please point me to where I said that and I will gladly recant. I do doubt you will find that post though :lol:

I certainly said that the Suns game mattered more, because it is the only way to affect their loss column. Nothing has changed.

If the Clippers beat the Pelicans and lost the Suns, the current records would be Clippers 44-20, Suns 44-18. Clippers would still be 2 games behind in losses.

If the Clippers had beaten the Suns, despite losing to the Pelicans, they would be 44-20, but the Suns would be 43-19. Of course losing both games is worse, but the statement I made was about "more important". And of course, context (let's not forget that part), the statement I made was directly in response to the assertion that the Pelicans game was particularly higher stake and of greater importance than other games.

So yes, mathematically, the Suns game was undeniably more important for the seeding race with Phoenix, that doesn't mean the Pelicans game was unimportant (hope you're looking for the post where I say that, ;) ). Nothing has changed, my statement stands as I said it, though not so much the made up version, lol
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#124 » by Clemenza » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm

og15 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

Not even sure Gallo is resigned for this season if he was a Clipper last season, and he's missed 20 games this season, which is normal for him. Certainly sad that SGA was traded, but I'm not sure if there's a real analysis behind that "if we had statement", it's just one of those statements to repeat over and over again for the sake of doing so.

I'm not sure what adding Gallo to the "if we had" means here, I know he was part of the trade, but Gallo is a nice player, efficient, balanced, but has some struggles in the post-season and his health is unreliable.

Exactly.. and I even forgot to add in Gallo's 20-30 games missed per season plus he was pretty awful except for one game in everybody's favorite gritty Clipps/Warriors playoff series. We'd be on a different timeline that's for sure. Maybe Doc is still the coach, not sure if we trade for Morris Sr., maybe Trez stays if there's no PG, Lou Will probably still regresses as a player, Do we draft Mann and Kabengele, etc. But the "if we still had..." talk always sounds like load management and injuries aren't taken into consideration. Like Kawhi is playing every single game or close to it. The way things look now we could've had SGA vs Everybody for long stretches of the season factoring injuries and load management. Kawhi and Uncle Dennis orchestrated this entire scenario and yet he sits out a ton of games
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#125 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:33 pm

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:Bench players in general play better at home, don't know if that is the case with the Phoenix guys, but they are a pretty balanced scoring team.

Not too surprised. No Kawhi, they lost to the Clippers last time on the second game of a back to back when they were coming off the OT vs Utah, they certainly really wanted this one, especially with it also being the playoff clinching game for them after their however many years drought.

Beating the Suns on the road with no Kawhi is not really the expected result, but there was a chance at least.

Are you going to respond or look into my private message OG or does a no response assume it's a free for all on this board?

Also weren''t you one of those saying how the Pelicans game didn't matter and it was this Suns game that mattered? And now it's not a surprise they lost? Which is it?
Forum bickering is not on the top of my priority list, I have a wife and kids, they were my focus for most of the night while also trying to watch the game. The other stuff can wait, there's no time constraint on forum moderating unless there's some wild spammer loose.

I said the Pelicans game didn't matter? Please point me to where I said that and I will gladly recant. I do doubt you will find that post though :lol:

I certainly said that the Suns game mattered more, because it is the only way to affect their loss column. Nothing has changed.

If the Clippers beat the Pelicans and lost the Suns, the current records would be Clippers 44-20, Suns 44-18. Clippers would still be 2 games behind in losses.

If the Clippers had beaten the Suns, despite losing to the Pelicans, they would be 44-20, but the Suns would be 43-19. Of course losing both games is worse, but the statement I made was about "more important". And of course, context (let's not forget that part), the statement I made was directly in response to the assertion that the Pelicans game was particularly higher stake and of greater importance than other games.

So yes, mathematically, the Suns game was undeniably more important for the seeding race with Phoenix, that doesn't mean the Pelicans game was unimportant (hope you're looking for the post where I say that, ;) ). Nothing has changed, my statement stands as I said it, though not so much the made up version, lol

It takes 2 seconds to look into a post. So its noted you consider nothing I said in the message to be considered at all so that is highly noted for future posts I make.

And re: Pelicans. You literally spent THREE PAGES downplaying the importance of the Pelicans game compared to other games in relation to that one starting here. You want me to quote 8 of your paragraphs? :lol: :lol: Didn't think so:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2075612&start=20

You're talking mathematically and not seeing the bigger picture. The Pelicans game was a GIMEE. That's like saying a game vs. the Lakers has the exact same importance in terms of losing vs. losing a game to the Timberwolves when one game is far easier to win than another.

Again, look at your last 4 pages in that thread or just keep backtracking. Just admit it buddy. You can argue semantics all you want, you were downplaying the importance of us losing the pelicans game. That's a fact.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#126 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 pm

NickP wrote:Who here thinks the clippers would have lost this game with Kawhi, Bev and Ibaka in the lineup? This group hung in there and had a chance against one of the better teams in the league. Give it a rest with your doom and gloom about first round exits.

We would have won had your precious idol PG down anything in the 4th quarter and not had 5 turnovers.

Glad to see you have stepped into your role as the village jester on this forum. Keep dancing around! :nod:
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#127 » by RingColluder » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:43 pm

Clemenza wrote:

If we never did the PG trade, we'd have way more cap room to have players besides SGA and Gallo when Kawhi didn't play. I think Trez is still on the team (a walking 18-6), Lou is washed so probably not. So you're being purposely obtuse just adding those 2 and not factoring in we'd have way more talent at the center spot against the Suns in Free Agency and probably at guard too.

Unless you're saying SGA and Gallos's cap room + all the 1st rounders we'd have = a max contract?? I dont' think the numbers add up on that whosoever.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by Clemenza » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:31 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

If we never did the PG trade, we'd have way more cap room to have players besides SGA and Gallo when Kawhi didn't play. I think Trez is still on the team (a walking 18-6), Lou is washed so probably not. So you're being purposely obtuse just adding those 2 and not factoring in we'd have way more talent at the center spot against the Suns in Free Agency and probably at guard too.

Unless you're saying SGA and Gallos's cap room + all the 1st rounders we'd have = a max contract?? I dont' think the numbers add up on that whosoever.

Its a different timeline which I agree to and also us adding different players if we never make the PG trade- and if they don't perform then that's a whole different set of issues and nonstop complaints around here. I definitely liked the PG addition but didn't want that to come at the expense of losing SGA but that doesn't mean that it would've been smooth sailing if the trade had never happened as well. You weren't around then but Gallo was getting ripped to shreds with his missed games during the regular season and his bad performance in the Warriors playoff series. I missed the first rounders we gave up but all bullsh*t aside, outside of SGA and Mann, we really can't draft for sh*t as our last two first rounders aren't even in the league anymore let alone toiling around in obscurity on different teams. Like every Clipper fan on the planet, I didn't want to give up SGA but to cheaply say we would've been this and that had we kept him & Gallo isn't really adding up when the number one guy who made it all happen sits out a ton of games. Laker fans used to rip Pau Gasol to death as he was Kobe's whipping boy and I'll accept that PG is now Kawhi's whipping boy and the team's scapegoat but the thing is Kobe played every single game night in and night out. Kawhi has got to get in some of these games PERIOD!
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#129 » by NickP » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:03 am

RingColluder wrote:
NickP wrote:Who here thinks the clippers would have lost this game with Kawhi, Bev and Ibaka in the lineup? This group hung in there and had a chance against one of the better teams in the league. Give it a rest with your doom and gloom about first round exits.

We would have won had your precious idol PG down anything in the 4th quarter and not had 5 turnovers.

Glad to see you have stepped into your role as the village jester on this forum. Keep dancing around! :nod:

You are the village idiot that the entire village is trying to straighten out. Your obsession with PG is downright idiotic. Your arguments are like a middle schooler at best.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#130 » by RingColluder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:07 am

NickP wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

You are the village idiot that the entire village is trying to straighten out. Your obsession with PG is downright idiotic. Your arguments are like a middle schooler at best.

keep dancing Nick! Dance jester Dance! Do you not get enough attention from your childhood, or is it a deeper issue?

I'm sure a shrink can diagnose the village jester into something that can alleviate your behavior :lol: :lol:. But even that may not be enough for someone at your level of brain power and awareness..

And ironically, I'm hearing from people in my messages that you Nick have been causing issues on these boards for YEARS with absolutely no policing that has driven people off the board. It's just your nature apparently.

Happy to call out the HYPOCRISY as long as your toxic behavior is allowed.

Keep dancing Nick! Dance jester Dance!
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#131 » by RingColluder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:24 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Serious question since this statement keeps being repeated: How many wins to we get with SGA and Gallo when Kawhi doesn't play? Is Lue Will & Trez still on the team? Tonight would've been SGA & Gallo vs CP3, Booker, & Ayton. Last Friday would've been SGA & Gallo vs The Pels, Would this upcoming Saturday be SGA & Gallo vs The Nuggets? Not even sticking up for PG cause I hate letting Shai and those first rounder go not to mention passing on MPJ in the draft(my biggest issue). But real talk, if the #1 guy, who initiated everything btw, doesn't play much, what kind of team are we if we still have SGA & Gallo but Kawhi is still sitting out games?

Its a different timeline which I agree to and also us adding different players if we never make the PG trade- and if they don't perform then that's a whole different set of issues and nonstop complaints around here. I definitely liked the PG addition but didn't want that to come at the expense of losing SGA but that doesn't mean that it would've been smooth sailing if the trade had never happened as well. You weren't around then but Gallo was getting ripped to shreds with his missed games during the regular season and his bad performance in the Warriors playoff series. I missed the first rounders we gave up but all bullsh*t aside, outside of SGA and Mann, we really can't draft for sh*t as our last two first rounders aren't even in the league anymore let alone toiling around in obscurity on different teams. Like every Clipper fan on the planet, I didn't want to give up SGA but to cheaply say we would've been this and that had we kept him & Gallo isn't really adding up when the number one guy who made it all happen sits out a ton of games. Laker fans used to rip Pau Gasol to death as he was Kobe's whipping boy and I'll accept that PG is now Kawhi's whipping boy and the team's scapegoat but the thing is Kobe played every single game night in and night out. Kawhi has got to get in some of these games PERIOD!

The difference is they are more pieces to move around and futz with AND adjust roles, but a max player like PG is one player with one massive ego who either bc of coaching or agreed role has not changed his role whatsoever as an awful PG for the team. I'm not a big Gallo fan at all.. SGA obviously, but the bigger issue is the first rounders which we could have used OR traded for a player once we saw in the season how Kawhi adjusted to those around him.

once again it's not SGA + Gallo = PG. It would be SGA + Gallo + draft picks + starting/6th man big center + a guard or two who are great role players = PG.

If Kawhi doesn't perform in the playoffs I'll be disappointed but I've seen him far too many times to ever count him out. PG obviously has never done anything in the last 6 years but 6 (or 5) consecutive first round exits.. And Gasol is not even close to the level of talent PG is supposed to be, was he a max player? Big difference and Kawhi is too nice to throw a teammate UTB like that, Kobe thrived on the chaos
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#132 » by NickP » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:54 am

RingColluder wrote:
NickP wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

keep dancing Nick! Dance jester Dance! Do you not get enough attention from your childhood, or is it a deeper issue?

I'm sure a shrink can diagnose the village jester into something that can alleviate your behavior :lol: :lol:. But even that may not be enough for someone at your level of brain power and awareness..

And ironically, I'm hearing from people in my messages that you Nick have been causing issues on these boards for YEARS with absolutely no policing that has driven people off the board. It's just your nature apparently.

Happy to call out the HYPOCRISY as long as your toxic behavior is allowed.

Keep dancing Nick! Dance jester Dance!

LMFAO. Glad you loved my dancing. This is news that I've been menacing these boards for years. Cool.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,428

Post#133 » by TrueLAfan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:08 am

Enough. We’re done with personal attacks on this thread and board.

I get it that tempers are flaring, but the out of context, repetitive attacks on posters AND players won’t be tolerated. They derail the normal board conversations. They’re a violation on the RealGM terms of service. They’re done. Now. This is a group warning.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#134 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

The difference is they are more pieces to move around and futz with AND adjust roles, but a max player like PG is one player with one massive ego who either bc of coaching or agreed role has not changed his role whatsoever as an awful PG for the team. I'm not a big Gallo fan at all.. SGA obviously, but the bigger issue is the first rounders which we could have used OR traded for a player once we saw in the season how Kawhi adjusted to those around him.

once again it's not SGA + Gallo = PG. It would be SGA + Gallo + draft picks + starting/6th man big center + a guard or two who are great role players = PG.

If Kawhi doesn't perform in the playoffs I'll be disappointed but I've seen him far too many times to ever count him out. PG obviously has never done anything in the last 6 years but 6 (or 5) consecutive first round exits.. And Gasol is not even close to the level of talent PG is supposed to be, was he a max player? Big difference and Kawhi is too nice to throw a teammate UTB like that, Kobe thrived on the chaos

Earlier in this thread I noted that PG ain't Kobe or Kawhi. Needless to say, or Jordan. And it should be noted at this point that Kawhi ain't either one. Paul George is at best a Scottie Pippen.

When MJ had to go play baseball for a year for mysterious reasons [lol] Scottie was bumped up to #1.

Look it up for yourself. 22/9/6. Same in the playoffs as the #1. Hall of Famer. And PG has been in that zone without Kawhi, who has played ONE GAME in 3 weeks.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html

PG's doing comparably well--leading a makeshift lineup with 2 other starters missing. Pippen had a well-oiled championship team. We're starting guys like Reggie Jackson and Terence Mann. Or Luke Kennard :lol: And PG is not Scottie Pippen--or at least nobody's calling him a Hall of Famer yet!!

Plenty of time to dog PG in the off-season if he dogs in the playoffs again. But let's not just yet. :wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#135 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 am

TrueLAfan wrote:Enough. We’re done with personal attacks on this thread and board.

I get it that tempers are flaring, but the out of context, repetitive attacks on posters AND players won’t be tolerated. They derail the normal board conversations. They’re a violation on the RealGM terms of service. They’re done. Now. This is a group warning.

With all due respect, "Group Warnings" are BS. Identify the guilty. Moderators must DRAW THE LINES.

IMO, it's plenty ok for us to cleverly joust [I get my share of smack about the Doc Rivers question] but "village idiot"--with NO answer to the points advanced--is what crosses the line, Mr Moderator.

Please start with the actual violations of TOS.

As for "repetitive attacks on posters AND players won’t be tolerated"--repetitive attacks on certain players [the last 3 Sixth Men of the Year lol]--THAT has been tolerated here as long as I've been here at this board.

So I like your NEW RULES, but Mr. Colluder's continuous HOT TAKES on Paul George have hardly violated any rule, custom or practice on this board over the past few years.

I am happy to see any new moderation standards and rules--if properly and CONSISTENTLY enforced. I agree that the only problems in our Clipper community come from PERSONAL attacks. The adults here can and do disagree strenuously without calling each other "village idiots."

The job of the moderators is to hold all discussions to that standard.

T-Lue is our coach and PG is our Pippen. That will not change. So can we STFU and hope for the best? Maybe we'll even win this thang.

This is supposed to be fun.

Love to all,
Tom
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#136 » by RingColluder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:27 am

TrueLAfan wrote:Enough. We’re done with personal attacks on this thread and board.

Out of context attacks on players? Do you understand the context of the situation whatsoever?

Last I checked the discussion me and moderator OG were having in the Pelicans thread, was a long multi paragraph discussion on the players, stats, number, and past history of the Clippers and that poster butted in to call me, "The village idiot" in a discussion not involving them whatsoever that contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Me and Clemenza can discuss and disagree on issues using stats, history of the Clippers, data (like a normal message board), whereas this other poster once again does not add anything but snide repetitive demeaning personal attacks.

There is nothing out of context about me discussing Paul George's game from the Suns. "Out of context"? Huh??
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#137 » by RingColluder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:30 am

esqtvd wrote:

With all due respect, "Group Warnings" are BS. Identify the guilty. Moderators must DRAW THE LINES.

IMO, it's plenty ok for us to cleverly joust [I get my share of smack about the Doc Rivers question] but "village idiot"--with NO answer to the points advanced--is what crosses the line, Mr Moderator.

Please start with the actual violations of TOS.

As for "repetitive attacks on posters AND players won’t be tolerated"--repetitive attacks on certain players [the last 3 Sixth Men of the Year lol]--THAt has been tolerated here as long as I've been here at this board.

So I like your NEW RULES, but Mr. Colluder's continuous HOT TAKES on Paul George have hardly violated any rule, custom or practice on this board over the past few years.

I am happy to see any new moderation standards and rules--if properly and CONSISTENTLY enforced. I agree that the only problems in our Clipper community come from PERSONAL attacks. The adults here can and do disagree strenuously without calling each other "village idiots."

The job of the moderators is to hold all discussions to that standard.

T-Lue is our coach and PG is our Pippen. That will not change. So can we STFU and hope for the best? Maybe we'll even win this thang.

This is supposed to be fun.

Love to all,
Tom

Yes I'd like to know the actual violations of TOS as well.

Also surprising to hear the history of this board in terms of "repetitive attacks on certain players". I distinctly remember plenty of attacks from my reading of the board last year, but unclear besides that.

I'm happy as I have to be on a board with more consistent moderation that does not resort to PERSONAL attacks, but if that's not the case I'm sure we'll see soon.

Very well said. If people have nothing to add to the discussion based on the game at hand or past performance of a player, it should not be said, particularly those that are personal attacks in nature.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by Clemenza » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Who's to say that would've even happened as it took a 2nd massive disgusting 3-1 choke job for Ballmer to realize that something was totally wrong and out of balance with the team and its makeup. And Gasol in his prime was definitely a PG equivalent if not greater imo. Don't confuse players of yesteryear being lesser as more money is available to players because of the tv contracts as opposed to back then. I'm not one to pit Clipper player against another Clipper player but the mods have allowed this to go on for weeks and weeks so now here we are. The player who put this entire scheme in motion needs to be on the court Saturday night NO MATTER WHAT. Tired of seeing one-two guys take all the heat and blame while the number one guy sits back with his feet kicked up and gets a pass for what he did with another team in another country! When are we going to see some LA Clipper theatrics from this guy?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Clemenza » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:35 am

Where you been at? This place is a hell hole now. One or two guys have bottomed the place out by ripping one player to death 99% of the time in their posts, flaming, baiting, and then playing victim and running to the mods! Are you guys here or not?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#140 » by RingColluder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:39 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Its a different timeline which I agree to and also us adding different players if we never make the PG trade- and if they don't perform then that's a whole different set of issues and nonstop complaints around here. I definitely liked the PG addition but didn't want that to come at the expense of losing SGA but that doesn't mean that it would've been smooth sailing if the trade had never happened as well. You weren't around then but Gallo was getting ripped to shreds with his missed games during the regular season and his bad performance in the Warriors playoff series. I missed the first rounders we gave up but all bullsh*t aside, outside of SGA and Mann, we really can't draft for sh*t as our last two first rounders aren't even in the league anymore let alone toiling around in obscurity on different teams. Like every Clipper fan on the planet, I didn't want to give up SGA but to cheaply say we would've been this and that had we kept him & Gallo isn't really adding up when the number one guy who made it all happen sits out a ton of games. Laker fans used to rip Pau Gasol to death as he was Kobe's whipping boy and I'll accept that PG is now Kawhi's whipping boy and the team's scapegoat but the thing is Kobe played every single game night in and night out. Kawhi has got to get in some of these games PERIOD!

Who's to say that would've even happened as it took a 2nd massive disgusting 3-1 choke job for Ballmer to realize that something was totally wrong and out of balance with the team and its makeup. And Gasol in his prime was definitely a PG equivalent if not greater imo. Don't confuse players of yesteryear being lesser as more money is available to players because of the tv contracts as opposed to back then. I'm not one to pit Clipper player against another Clipper player but the mods have allowed this to go on for weeks and weeks so now here we are. The player who put this entire scheme in motion needs to be on the court Saturday night NO MATTER WHAT. Tired of seeing one-two guys take all the heat and blame while the number one guy sits back with his feet kicked up and gets a pass for what he did with another team in another country! When are we going to see some LA Clipper theatrics from this guy?

I totally disagree with your Gasol assessment, as to my recollection Gasol was considered more of a "#3/Kevin Love" type during the Lakers years who was the perpetual scapegoat as legend Kobe dragged the team to finals on his back (not the truth, just the perception at the time). PG and Kawhi was presented as 2 elite MVP level talents joining together to dominate, and that just hasn't been the case.

We still have no clue on Kawhi's health, like the KD situation w the Warriors (but to a greater extent) with us virtually locking up the #3 seed bc of these 2 awful losses I'd be fine resting everyone including PG up until a few games before. Having Kawhi on the court just to "prove it" or divert blame from PG is totally unnecessary and ego based. And I don't think anyone else is getting blame other than PG right now, no? You said one-two guys, but the "number 2" when Kawhi is out, Morris has been playing phenomenal.

The larger issue is just that it Is a bad fit w PG and Kawhi "taking turns" constantly on offense and sadly the combined talent level isn't enough to make up for it in a similar situation to Wade/Lebron (who also had Bosh on the team, whereas we have Morris and filler like Kennard and others taking up cap instead).

Personally I'd be totally fine if PG's role took a massive step back, Kawhi become "The guy" like in Toronto, and win or lose Kawhi would take all the glory OR all the blame for the loss. But that's not what seems to be happening so yes both will have a. lot of pressure to live up too, PG in the sense of he's never done anything in the playoffs recently but 5 consecutive first round losses and Kawhi for taking the Clippers hostage and forcing PG here.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers