ImageImageImageImageImage

ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

LamarWho
Junior
Posts: 388
And1: 219
Joined: Oct 06, 2019

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#301 » by LamarWho » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:19 am

I find it funny that some people put this one on Mann. We lost this ball game in the 3rd, the single most critical quarter of the season. We had to rely on Reggie Jackson, a guy getting ready to go play in China, to keep us in the game.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,832
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#302 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:23 am

LamarWho wrote:I find it funny that some people put this one on Mann. We lost this ball game in the 3rd, the single most critical quarter of the season. We had to rely on Reggie Jackson, a guy getting ready to go play in China, to keep us in the game.

Exactly. Mann is still basically a rookie anyway. He just got a valuable lesson on what to do in clutch situations.

This is on Lue, Kawhi and Morris. Morris in particular has been borderline useless all series and his $64 million contract is another disaster from this front office, who all deserve to be fired.
Image
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 25,347
And1: 8,240
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#303 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:25 am

We can’t have nice things
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,197
And1: 4,522
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#304 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:25 am

LamarWho wrote:I find it funny that some people put this one on Mann. We lost this ball game in the 3rd, the single most critical quarter of the season. We had to rely on Reggie Jackson, a guy getting ready to go play in China, to keep us in the game.

Nobody put this game on Mann.

He did seem to pass up on a layup to give the ball to Batum.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#305 » by Clemenza » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:27 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I'm exhausted with this team and don't even want to deal with a game 6 and possibly a game 7

And all that just for the grand prize of... getting swept by the Jazz in round 2. It's not even worth it.


Not sure about this. Luka by far poses so many problems for us than anyone on the Jazz ever could do. I would be so relieved if we could get past him and put him in our rear view.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 38,907
And1: 18,472
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#306 » by og15 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:29 am

og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
og15 wrote:That was such a bad decision in that moment, wow, but Batum did recover it, and, well...didn't work out


It’s amazing because it looks like he was set on passing it no matter what the situation when he left his feet. Surprised himself being that open

In real time, it looked like he ended up under the rim and didn't have a good angle for a layup after adjusting to the initial defender

Mann pass

That's why freeze frames can deceive. Luka challenges, Mann adjusts his body, but looks like he immediately starts to think pass, maybe he's scared of getting a foul and going to the line? If he thought shot he had a layup, but thinking pass put him in a bad spot for a layup that split second later. He's then looking towards Kawhi in the corner, but has no angle or is scared of KP there, so he makes the desperation pass to Batum. His problem was his initial decision to not just go right up.
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 25,347
And1: 8,240
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#307 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:29 am

Welp it’s stay off nba media time again
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,832
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#308 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:29 am

You just know the Suns are going to choke their series away too now and propel the Lakers to another Finals run, just as extra salt in the wound.
Image
User avatar
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,565
And1: 1,516
Joined: Mar 31, 2014
 

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#309 » by Max Headrom » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:32 am

og15 wrote:
og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
It’s amazing because it looks like he was set on passing it no matter what the situation when he left his feet. Surprised himself being that open

In real time, it looked like he ended up under the rim and didn't have a good angle for a layup after adjusting to the initial defender

Mann pass

That's why freeze frames can deceive. Luka challenges, Mann adjusts his body, but looks like he immediately starts to think pass, maybe he's scared of getting a foul and going to the line? If he thought shot he had a layup, but thinking pass put him in a bad spot for a layup that split second later. He's then looking towards Kawhi in the corner, but has no angle or is scared of KP there, so he makes the desperation pass to Batum. His problem was his initial decision to not just go right up.


I've seen Mann make much more difficult layups than what he would've attempted there :banghead:
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#310 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:57 am

The anger I felt watching Paul George once again blow the series for this team was insurmountable.

3 horrendous TO's in the 4th quarter leading to 3, 2, 2
His foul trouble (Idiotic reaching foul in 2nd that Clippers broadcast even said was low BBIQ, And 1 to Luka in 3rd and the offensive foul that led to him being benched with 4 fouls) that led to the run the Mavs went on.
His arrogant and egotistical body language after Mann shook him off when PG demanded the ball (And Mann scored on a great play).

The horrible turnover in the 4th with 6 min a supremely lazy play even by PG stnadards
Another turnover with 3 min to go that led to a 2
Another turnover that led to the Porzingis 3

There is just always something with him and once again it's his low BBIQ and horrendous ball handling.

This game was depressing. Blow this whole team up .
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#311 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:58 am

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
og15 wrote:Paul George man, guy is trying to make this happen

brb dribble it away to the other team.

-_-



aw c'mon bruh

23 points on 13 shots
7 rebs, 5 assists 3 blocks, 3 TOs

team best plus+18

give the man a break
least of our problems

Stop. Without his horrible foul trouble and THREE TURNOVERS in clutch time we win this game.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#312 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:59 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:Paul George spazzed again. He is anti clutch. 2 turnovers and horrible not in rhythm 3. He just doesnt want to win a chip.


He is the biggest choke artist I have ever seen in my lifetime watching play professional sports. It's brilliant how he's managed to ruin the legacy of Kawhi Leonard with his awful play.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#313 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:00 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:do we think we can win the next two?

Can? Yes.

Will we? No. This is a mentally weak team and they're an exhausting follow. It's not fun. It's not thrilling. It's just depressing and it's embarrassing.

I'm pretty much over the act at this point. Wins in game 6 and 7 are not gonna make me happy. This is bull **** and we shouldn't be going through this as fans to begin with.


We're getting blown out on Friday and the season is over.

I honestly have no clue what they are going to do but it starts with firing the GM and trading Paul George, IF Kawhi even decides to stay. I wouldn't.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#314 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:01 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I'm exhausted with this team and don't even want to deal with a game 6 and possibly a game 7

And all that just for the grand prize of... getting swept by the Jazz in round 2. It's not even worth it.


I disagree with this take. We'd be exhausted, but I like a matchup against the Pretender Jazz (playing against us, the Pretender Clippers).

But we won't even get to that point.

The irony of us throwing the last 2 games to avoid the lakers and having. THE LAKERS BE ELIMINATED WITH US when we could have won an easy series against the Trailblazers.

Basketball gods are not happy.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#315 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:03 am

LamarWho wrote:I find it funny that some people put this one on Mann. We lost this ball game in the 3rd, the single most critical quarter of the season. We had to rely on Reggie Jackson, a guy getting ready to go play in China, to keep us in the game.


You're forgetting the key element we lost when Paul George idiotically got his 4th foul (2nd, 3rd and 4th were all awful) and the Mavs attacked us at will. His low BBIQ is the reason for this loss.


People mad at Mann are ridiculous. We lost this game in the 3rd quarter.
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#316 » by Clemenza » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:04 am

RingColluder wrote:The anger I felt watching Paul George once again blow the series for this team was insurmountable.

3 horrendous TO's in the 4th quarter leading to 3, 2, 2
His foul trouble (Idiotic reaching foul in 2nd that Clippers broadcast even said was low BBIQ, And 1 to Luka in 3rd and the offensive foul that led to him being benched with 4 fouls) that led to the run the Mavs went on.

The horrible turnover in the 4th with 6 min a supremely lazy play even by PG stnadards
Another turnover with 3 min to go that led to a 2
Another turnover that led to the Porzingis 3

There is just always something with him and once again it's his low BBIQ and horrendous ball handling.

This game was depressing. Blow this whole team up .

Bad turnovers from PG no doubt but Kawhi was sh*t in this game. Don't do this
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#317 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:05 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:The anger I felt watching Paul George once again blow the series for this team was insurmountable.

3 horrendous TO's in the 4th quarter leading to 3, 2, 2
His foul trouble (Idiotic reaching foul in 2nd that Clippers broadcast even said was low BBIQ, And 1 to Luka in 3rd and the offensive foul that led to him being benched with 4 fouls) that led to the run the Mavs went on.

The horrible turnover in the 4th with 6 min a supremely lazy play even by PG stnadards
Another turnover with 3 min to go that led to a 2
Another turnover that led to the Porzingis 3

There is just always something with him and once again it's his low BBIQ and horrendous ball handling.

This game was depressing. Blow this whole team up .

Bad turnovers from PG no doubt but Kawhi was sh*t in this game. Don't do this


Kawhi wasn't great either, but he did not COST us the game because of his idiotic foul trouble (which LED to the 3rd quarter run) and the 3 horrible TO's.


Are you not recognizing the Mavs went on the run after Paul George's 4th foul in the 3rd when he sat??? THAT is what cost us the game more than anything. It's his continuous low BBIQ that even the Clippers broadcasters complained about which is RARE.

That's on a VETERAN making MAX MONEY to not play like a ROOKIE when it matters most in the 4th or in a GAME where it's absolutely essential he show up and not get into dumb foul trouble in the most important game of the season. JUST like the Nuggets series.
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 25,347
And1: 8,240
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#318 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:07 am

So many turnovers
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#319 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:09 am

TheNewEra wrote:So many turnovers


A team of individuals and egos who have done absolutely nothing in their careers other than Rondo and Kawhi (and Lue). An embarrassing team that needs to be blown up.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,832
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 5: Mavericks @ Clippers 7:00PM 6/2/2021 

Post#320 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:09 am

RingColluder wrote:The anger I felt watching Paul George once again blow the series for this team was insurmountable.

3 horrendous TO's in the 4th quarter leading to 3, 2, 2
His foul trouble (Idiotic reaching foul in 2nd that Clippers broadcast even said was low BBIQ, And 1 to Luka in 3rd and the offensive foul that led to him being benched with 4 fouls) that led to the run the Mavs went on.
His arrogant and egotistical body language after Mann shook him off when PG demanded the ball (And Mann scored on a great play).

The horrible turnover in the 4th with 6 min a supremely lazy play even by PG stnadards
Another turnover with 3 min to go that led to a 2
Another turnover that led to the Porzingis 3

There is just always something with him and once again it's his low BBIQ and horrendous ball handling.

This game was depressing. Blow this whole team up .

PG had some rough moments, but Kawhi was way worse tonight and your guy Morris has been brutally awful all series.
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers