ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#261 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:12 am

Oh no. The thread police are here.

Yawn. Your favorite team’s season is on the line and you’re requesting undying FAITH and POSITIVITY in the midst of their current choking and given theur choking history.

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.
Im gonna point out sequences analytically.

Get over it.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#262 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:22 am

That game was beautiful and ugly so I have no issue with a range of emotions
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#263 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:48 am

Paul George played 46 minutes?

Wow.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#264 » by NippySudz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:11 am

NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Man, I didn't want to watch the game and I didn't and we won. I'm so happy. The emotions of this game, couldn't even sleep well for the past two days. Kawhi Leonard Ladies and Gentleman.

Lol. I was in the same boat. I just didn't have the nerves to watch this. With 3 plus minutes to go I peeped at the score and we're up 3. Then we're up 7. Then I dared to turn the game on.
And then it was all good!

I turned it on when it was 90-85

Game 5 was so brutal man. It just seems like this team always had bad luck man, I couldn't put myself through it to watch it. My smartphone send notifications to me randomly(I guess it saw me on espn.com) and I saw it was like 60-67 mavs, I'm like wtf, don't show me this.

First time I ever got a clippers scoreboard update from google.

Game 5 really took me out. A winnable game, even with the clippers flubbing the game. Really painful loss.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#265 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:21 am

TheNewEra wrote:I want Paul George to drop 50 so bad

50? Let's hope he can play a game without a turnover for once in his life

KAWHIII. BABY!!!! I'll read through the thread later, but MY GOD.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#266 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:28 am

I'd like to congratulate Kawhi Leonard and Reggie Jackson for SAVING THIS SEASON FOR US despite everyone else doing their absolute best to destroy it on the team.

Let's go over it again:

5:50 TO Paul George
2:15 PG TO leads to 2
9:33 TO leads to 2 (possibly the worst turnover in the NBa playoffs this year)
PG didn't touch the ball ONCE leading to our amazing stretch in the 2nd half when Kawhi came back
6:40 TO Paul George
3:35 TO Paul George

4 Miss FT's as well

Kawhi scores the last 13 pts in the 3rd quarter bt himself

For those who watched the Clippers broadcast at 9:30 in the 3rd quarter after a nausea inducing TO, PG and the coaching staff was practically screaming at PG to stop acting like a diva and PLAY LIKE A TEAMMATE when we had a chance to win and he was coughing the ball up as usual. Even on the local broadcast post game Kristina Pink had to ask PG about it. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!

On the bright side, Reggie Jackson was a tremendous force tonight and last game. IT appears that it has become a minimum player Reggie and max phony "star" PG combined to equal one player of a "Big 2" along with Kawhi Leonard. Fine by me, but just another game where PG's atrocious play could have easily ruined the season without Kawhi LEGEND LEONARD saving us yet again.

Zu was invisible but did his thing when needed. I still loved Batum's minutes despite missing some easy shots. Morris just ain't it this series it is what it is. Bev is in the PERRFECT role as COACH and not getting a single second of play (should have been done WAY earlier with Tmann). Rondo was invisible and honestly, in some bizarre ways I liked Kennard's minutes better.

Not enough words can be said just how amazing Kawhi is. Not another word about him of criticism after what he has shown this entire season. Shame on the coaching staff, management and other highly paid players for nearly yruining one of the greatest players of our generation. Kawhi ddid it ALL himself TONIGHT.

Shocked to see Kennard get minutes but he actually was not terrible. Still needs to look to score, but antiicatep Carlisle attacking him even mores o if he plays again. Mann was great. Morris and Batum MUST step up unless we expect Kawhi to score another 40.

At this point, Reggie is outperforming Paul George and it's frankly not even close. DO NOT LET PG HANDLE THE BALL EVER. HE IS A SPOT UP SHOOTER. REGGIE IS A POINT GUARD.

We can win game 7. I just worry we won't have enough in the tank for game 7 OR the next series. But one step at a time. SEE YLAL SUNDAY.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#267 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:30 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I appreciate the 45 from Kawhi but his defense on Luka is also game/ series changing.

Luka is a different player when Kawhi is guarding him. His BS herky jerky nonsense does not work on Kawhi. He's not stronger than him, so he can't bully him into his little fade aways and leaners.

Kawhi really, IN MY OPINION, smacked him on both ends of the floor tonight.
He needs one more game like this for us to go to Utah.

You're absolutely right.

Look at every single possession when Paul George is on Luka. Luka posts him up 3-4 times and goes in and odes a spin for an easy two or passes it out for a great assist. He doesn't fear him WHATSOEVER>

The only one who he fears is Kawhi. AMAZING. KAWHI SI CARRYING THIS TEAM ON HIS BACK AND ITS AMAZING TO WATCH
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#268 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:30 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:I appreciate the 45 from Kawhi but his defense on Luka is also game/ series changing.

Luka is a different player when Kawhi is guarding him. His BS herky jerky nonsense does not work on Kawhi. He's not stronger than him, so he can't bully him into his little fade aways and leaners.

Kawhi really, IN MY OPINION, smacked him on both ends of the floor tonight.
He needs one more game like this for us to go to Utah.

Yep, we just need Kawhi to put the clamps on him all day Sunday. And PG needs to pull his head out of his ass and give that man some help so he's not all alone.

You really expect anything from him at this point? :lol: :lol: :lol: I trust Reggie Jackson far more in this series than that guy, I'm surprised you even have any optimism Martin.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#269 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:32 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:Van Gundy and Jackson totally giving credit to the wrong people. If kawhi doesnt have a magical game, this team gets slaughtered. PG sucked. Morris sucked. Our bench was never given a chance other than a little of Kennard.

I watched the local broadcast. Who were they giving credit to?? Kawhi and Reggie Jackson SAVED this season with their play today, virtually everyone else was doing their best to head home early. Absolutely no one else deserves anything more than a slither of credit for their "play" tonight.

Seeing the Clippers broadcast after the above mentioned TO and timeout and their "player segment" with Kristina Pink was :lol: :lol:
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#270 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:34 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I like Mann, but maybe he's just not clutch.

If he was given any legit minutes to play with the lineups in the last 15-20 games instead of garbage bin Beverly he'd be a totally different player. I called this from then that they'd just throw him to the wolves at the most desperate time just like they did with Kennard.
NickP
Rookie
And1: 864

Post#271 » by NickP » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:40 am

Ah the Paul George hate magnet is back. Goodnight folks!!!!
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#272 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:45 am

NickP wrote:Ah the Paul George hate magnet is back. Goodnight folks!!!!

I mean you yourself said you only watched the last 3 minutes of the game because, "you just didn't have the nerves to watch this." (on pg. 12 of this thread) so I'd probably watch the whole game first if I were you rather than commenting on something you only saw 1/16th of. But that's just me.

As Quake Griffin said:

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.

I'm going to discuss EVERY player of the Clippers as I did in my first post.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#273 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:59 am

RingColluder wrote:

I mean you yourself said you only watched the last 3 minutes of the game because, "you just didn't have the nerves to watch this." (on pg. 12 of this thread) so I'd probably watch the whole game first if I were you rather than commenting on something you only saw 1/16th of. But that's just me.

As Quake Griffin said:

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.

I believe PG could have a 50 point triple double, doesn't miss a single shot and leads the Clippers to a 30 point game 7 win but you'd still find a way to bitch about something.

I'm not saying PG has been good this series. He hasn't. Especially for what he's supposed to be. But man you act like he banged your whole family or some ****. The hate is real

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#274 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:02 am

Wow.. god tier level game from Kawhi tonight, thank you! Do it again or close to it on Sunday please. PG struggled but finally hit some timely buckets in the 4th. Reggie Jackson is becoming that dude am I not mad at all. If he's the third guy now I'm all for it long as he keeps staying aggressive and hitting shots. Glad Kennard got into the mix. He was solid. Morris Sr., not sure about this guy anymore.

But f*ck it, lets get this win on Sunday- afternoon game and all! We got this! Do it for the city. We pull this off the city is ours!
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#275 » by NippySudz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:04 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Paul George played 46 minutes?

Wow.

respect on him for doing that. I heard he was the reason th team kept it close in the second half. There's no way we win that game without PG or Kawhi in the game. PG took the hit of being fatigued to get Kawhi some spot rest it seems.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#276 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:09 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

As Quake Griffin said:

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.

I believe PG could have a 50 point triple double, doesn't miss a single shot and leads the Clippers to a 30 point game 7 win but you'd still find a way to bitch about something.

I'm not saying PG has been good this series. He hasn't. Especially for what he's supposed to be. But man you act like he banged your whole family or some ****. The hate is real

I liked how PG played in games 2-4. There are a handful of games in the RS where my posts are, "THANK YOU PG!! Finally playing up to your contract!! That's exactly how you need to be playing!!" Unfortunately, they are far in between.

I'm curious if people in the Mavs forum find ways to excuse Porzingis, his play, and his contract too. But again, WHEN IT MATTERED MOST he played awful today and even you can't deny it from this game.

Unless you have something to add pertaining to this game with PG, don't want to keep a back and forth since mods might get upset lol

I posted WHY and the POINTS where he played bad, as it pertains to this game. Your post adds nothing to the current game discussion.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#277 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:10 am

NippySudz wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Paul George played 46 minutes?

Wow.

respect on him for doing that. I heard he was the reason th team kept it close in the second half. There's no way we win that game without PG or Kawhi in the game. PG took the hit of being fatigued to get Kawhi some spot rest it seems.

You heard or you watched the game? What is going on with people not actually watching the most important game of the season??

We don't win the game without Reggie being insanely good offensively in the 1st half. Or Kawhi going crazy all game long when others couldn't step up. People gotta watch these games man, man!!
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#278 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:12 am

Clemenza wrote:Wow.. god tier level game from Kawhi tonight, thank you! Do it again or close to it on Sunday please. PG struggled but finally hit some timely buckets in the 4th. Reggie Jackson is becoming that dude am I not mad at all. If he's the third guy now I'm all for it long as he keeps staying aggressive and hitting shots. Glad Kennard got into the mix. He was solid. Morris Sr., not sure about this guy anymore.

But f*ck it, lets get this win on Sunday- afternoon game and all! We got this! Do it for the city. We pull this off the city is ours!

What? Come on. This is ridiculous it took to 7 games when people here were proclaiming, "Clippers in 5" before the series started. Are our expectations THAT low?

A win here means we continue on with absolutely no ego or crazy proclamations. A loss on Sunday blows up this entire team besides Kawhi (If he wants to stay) and Tmann.

I agree on Reggie. As someone who was down on him, he's been AMAZING in games 5 and 6 and been easily our 2nd best offensive player WHEN IT COUNTED. I wouldn't call Kennard solid at all with his 2 pts and failure to be aggressive scoring, but what other options do we have? Sad about Morris, just not the right series for him.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#279 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:13 am

RingColluder wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

As Quake Griffin said:

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.

I liked how PG played in games 2-4. There are a handful of games in the RS where my posts are, "THANK YOU PG!! Finally playing up to your contract!! That's exactly how you need to be playing!!" Unfortunately, they are far in between.

I'm curious if people in the Mavs forum find ways to excuse Porzingis, his play, and his contract too. But again, WHEN IT MATTERED MOST he played awful today and even you can't deny it from this game.

Unless you have something to add pertaining to this game with PG, don't want to keep a back and forth since mods might get upset lol

I posted WHY and the POINTS where he played bad, as it pertains to this game. Your post adds nothing to the current game discussion.
Porzingis deserves to be **** in by Mavs fans. He's done absolutely nothing thru 6 games. Softest 7 footer in the game. Doesn't rebound. Doesn't defend. Sometimes makes 3s. Possibly the worst big money contract in the NBA.

RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#280 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:15 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:I believe PG could have a 50 point triple double, doesn't miss a single shot and leads the Clippers to a 30 point game 7 win but you'd still find a way to bitch about something.

Porzingis deserves to be **** in by Mavs fans. He's done absolutely nothing thru 6 games. Softest 7 footer in the game. Doesn't rebound. Doesn't defend. Sometimes makes 3s. Possibly the worst big money contract in the NBA.

I agreee, but dawg we gotta be objective when it comes to our team too :lol: At least P appears to try though I guess, Porzingis looks so checked out it's remarkable

Return to Los Angeles Clippers