ImageImageImageImageImage

ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#281 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:20 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Wow.. god tier level game from Kawhi tonight, thank you! Do it again or close to it on Sunday please. PG struggled but finally hit some timely buckets in the 4th. Reggie Jackson is becoming that dude am I not mad at all. If he's the third guy now I'm all for it long as he keeps staying aggressive and hitting shots. Glad Kennard got into the mix. He was solid. Morris Sr., not sure about this guy anymore.

But f*ck it, lets get this win on Sunday- afternoon game and all! We got this! Do it for the city. We pull this off the city is ours!


What? Come on. This is ridiculous it took to 7 games when people here were proclaiming, "Clippers in 5" before the series started. Are our expectations THAT low?

A win here means we continue on with absolutely no ego or crazy proclamations. A loss on Sunday blows up this entire team besides Kawhi (If he wants to stay) and Tmann.

I agree on Reggie. As someone who was down on him, he's been AMAZING in games 5 and 6 and been easily our 2nd best offensive player WHEN IT COUNTED. I wouldn't call Kennard solid at all with his 2 pts and failure to be aggressive scoring, but what other options do we have? Sad about Morris, just not the right series for him.

Do you live in LA?

And I said statement lightly with a little fun attached to it. Don't start a back and forth off of it and I didn't bring up all that "we got this series in five" or whatever. That didn't come out of my mouth. Our naysayers, Lakers fans, the city wants champions first and foremost naturally but they also love that fight, grit, and toughness. There was a ton of Lakers fans here in LA that loved that team that won 2 games against the Warriors in that playoff series two years ago. I know a few that still bring it up to this very day. We lost the series of course but that team turned heads and got a lot of love in the city. Win some tough games and show some fight. Fight and rep the city! I said what I said!
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#282 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:23 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Wow.. god tier level game from Kawhi tonight, thank you! Do it again or close to it on Sunday please. PG struggled but finally hit some timely buckets in the 4th. Reggie Jackson is becoming that dude am I not mad at all. If he's the third guy now I'm all for it long as he keeps staying aggressive and hitting shots. Glad Kennard got into the mix. He was solid. Morris Sr., not sure about this guy anymore.

But f*ck it, lets get this win on Sunday- afternoon game and all! We got this! Do it for the city. We pull this off the city is ours!


What? Come on. This is ridiculous it took to 7 games when people here were proclaiming, "Clippers in 5" before the series started. Are our expectations THAT low?

A win here means we continue on with absolutely no ego or crazy proclamations. A loss on Sunday blows up this entire team besides Kawhi (If he wants to stay) and Tmann.

I agree on Reggie. As someone who was down on him, he's been AMAZING in games 5 and 6 and been easily our 2nd best offensive player WHEN IT COUNTED. I wouldn't call Kennard solid at all with his 2 pts and failure to be aggressive scoring, but what other options do we have? Sad about Morris, just not the right series for him.

Do you live in LA?

And I said statement lightly with a little fun attached to it. Don't start a back and forth off of it and I didn't bring up all that "we got this series in five" or whatever. That didn't come out of my mouth. Our naysayers, Lakers fans, the city wants champions first and foremost naturally but they also love that fight, grit, and toughness. There was a ton of Lakers fans here in LA that loved that team that won 2 games against the Warriors in that playoff series two years ago. I know a few that still bring it up to this very day. We lost the series of course but that team turned heads and got a lot of love in the city. Win some tough games and show some fight. Fight and rep the city! I said what I said!


Never said you were the one to say "Clippers in 5". But acting like winning this series is some amazing thing just isn't up to my standard at all. But different strokes!

I get the love from the Clippers Warriors series with Trez and Bev but with the talent level we have, anything else than a finals appearance is a letdown for me.

The stakes with a loss for Sunday could not be greater. And a win for me doesn't do anything but focus on round 2 where similar "downsides' apply with a loss in that series.


I don't need Lawrence Frank pitching that this season is a win somehow with an exit on Sunday OR next series so he can save his ass and job :lol: :lol: HECK NO
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#283 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:31 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
What? Come on. This is ridiculous it took to 7 games when people here were proclaiming, "Clippers in 5" before the series started. Are our expectations THAT low?

A win here means we continue on with absolutely no ego or crazy proclamations. A loss on Sunday blows up this entire team besides Kawhi (If he wants to stay) and Tmann.

I agree on Reggie. As someone who was down on him, he's been AMAZING in games 5 and 6 and been easily our 2nd best offensive player WHEN IT COUNTED. I wouldn't call Kennard solid at all with his 2 pts and failure to be aggressive scoring, but what other options do we have? Sad about Morris, just not the right series for him.

Do you live in LA?

And I said statement lightly with a little fun attached to it. Don't start a back and forth off of it and I didn't bring up all that "we got this series in five" or whatever. That didn't come out of my mouth. Our naysayers, Lakers fans, the city wants champions first and foremost naturally but they also love that fight, grit, and toughness. There was a ton of Lakers fans here in LA that loved that team that won 2 games against the Warriors in that playoff series two years ago. I know a few that still bring it up to this very day. We lost the series of course but that team turned heads and got a lot of love in the city. Win some tough games and show some fight. Fight and rep the city! I said what I said!


Never said you were the one to say "Clippers in 5". But acting like winning this series is some amazing thing just isn't up to my standard at all. But different strokes!

I get the love from the Clippers Warriors series with Trez and Bev but with the talent level we have, anything else than a finals appearance is a letdown for me.

I want a championship too and of course a first round series win is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. But baby steps. Build it and they will come. We're starting from scratch all over again. I live in Inglewood and deal with Laker fans all day so this is two different view points coming from me. LA will always be a Laker town no doubt about it but I want to win this series -and of course go further in the playoffs... but I want the city to get behind this team and this run. Some of you guys who also live in the area will know what I'm talking about and some won't and that's fine but don't diminish my statement foolish talk. Gotta to win on Sunday to get the ball rolling
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#284 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:42 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Do you live in LA?

And I said statement lightly with a little fun attached to it. Don't start a back and forth off of it and I didn't bring up all that "we got this series in five" or whatever. That didn't come out of my mouth. Our naysayers, Lakers fans, the city wants champions first and foremost naturally but they also love that fight, grit, and toughness. There was a ton of Lakers fans here in LA that loved that team that won 2 games against the Warriors in that playoff series two years ago. I know a few that still bring it up to this very day. We lost the series of course but that team turned heads and got a lot of love in the city. Win some tough games and show some fight. Fight and rep the city! I said what I said!


Never said you were the one to say "Clippers in 5". But acting like winning this series is some amazing thing just isn't up to my standard at all. But different strokes!

I get the love from the Clippers Warriors series with Trez and Bev but with the talent level we have, anything else than a finals appearance is a letdown for me.

I want a championship too and of course a first round series win is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. But baby steps. Build it and they will come. We're starting from scratch all over again. I live in Inglewood and deal with Laker fans all day so this is two different view points coming from me. LA will always be a Laker town no doubt about it but I want to win this series -and of course go further in the playoffs... but I want the city to get behind this team and this run. Some of you guys who also live in the area will know what I'm talking about and some won't and that's fine but don't diminish my statement foolish talk. Gotta to win on Sunday to get the ball rolling


I'm going to be even keeled if we win Sunday, but from a Job Safety perspective this win does absolutely nothing for 90% of our team and front office's safety. A loss is catastrophic.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,670
And1: 1,783
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#285 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:46 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:You're not wrong haha



so nice to see you here again bro
yes, the bad drives out the good
you have been missed

one of the best games in Clippers history!!
are we having fun yet??

Image
A lot of it is I live in NC and don't have league pass, so only get to watch whatever games are on national TV throughout the year. So not quite as engaged as now.

I understand being negative at times, but there are some Debbie downers on here who I feel like would prefer the team lose just so they can tell us they were right lol



You have been missed, bruh. Debbie Downers does not begin to describe it. :-( Vultures. Then when we get ahead they have the gall to pretend they're fans again.

We were down 67-60 and I said the season was on the line. I was right as usual. Kawhi scored our next 10 points.

Edited by mod: Language and semi-personal attacks. Ease up a bit. buried us when we went down 2-0. Even if we lose Game 7 they can See My Dee. [Thx Quake!!]
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,670
And1: 1,783
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#286 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:55 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Oh no. The thread police are here.

Yawn. Your favorite team’s season is on the line and you’re requesting undying FAITH and POSITIVITY in the midst of their current choking and given theur choking history.

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.
Im gonna point out sequences analytically.

Get over it.


If you wanna get personal, Quake, those who add+1 you are the least of our Clipper community. You are the best of them IMO. Up your game? We all know why we can lose and who to blame.

There is no merit in spitting on the Clippers grave before they're dead Back TF off until they're dead?? You have all off-season to piss on them.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#287 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:57 am

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Oh no. The thread police are here.

Yawn. Your favorite team’s season is on the line and you’re requesting undying FAITH and POSITIVITY in the midst of their current choking and given theur choking history.

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.
Im gonna point out sequences analytically.

Get over it.


If you wanna get personal, Quake, those who add+1 you are the least of our Clipper community. You are the best of them IMO. Up your game? We all know why we can lose and who to blame.

There is no merit in spitting on the Clippers grave before they're dead Back TF off until they're dead?? You have all off-season to piss on them.


ranking people's contributions to the clipper board? huh. very on topic.

and the language in your post above speaks for itself.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,670
And1: 1,783
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#288 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:02 am

Clemenza wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Wow.. god tier level game from Kawhi tonight, thank you! Do it again or close to it on Sunday please. PG struggled but finally hit some timely buckets in the 4th. Reggie Jackson is becoming that dude am I not mad at all. If he's the third guy now I'm all for it long as he keeps staying aggressive and hitting shots. Glad Kennard got into the mix. He was solid. Morris Sr., not sure about this guy anymore.

But f*ck it, lets get this win on Sunday- afternoon game and all! We got this! Do it for the city. We pull this off the city is ours!


What? Come on. This is ridiculous it took to 7 games when people here were proclaiming, "Clippers in 5" before the series started. Are our expectations THAT low?

A win here means we continue on with absolutely no ego or crazy proclamations. A loss on Sunday blows up this entire team besides Kawhi (If he wants to stay) and Tmann.

I agree on Reggie. As someone who was down on him, he's been AMAZING in games 5 and 6 and been easily our 2nd best offensive player WHEN IT COUNTED. I wouldn't call Kennard solid at all with his 2 pts and failure to be aggressive scoring, but what other options do we have? Sad about Morris, just not the right series for him.

Do you live in LA?

And I said statement lightly with a little fun attached to it. Don't start a back and forth off of it and I didn't bring up all that "we got this series in five" or whatever. That didn't come out of my mouth. Our naysayers, Lakers fans, the city wants champions first and foremost naturally but they also love that fight, grit, and toughness. There was a ton of Lakers fans here in LA that loved that team that won 2 games against the Warriors in that playoff series two years ago. I know a few that still bring it up to this very day. We lost the series of course but that team turned heads and got a lot of love in the city. Win some tough games and show some fight. Fight and rep the city! I said what I said!



+1000

but Clipper Nation's ass is on the line in Game 7 too lol, let's be honest

Lakers are out and we only have control of LA until Sunday :wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#289 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:06 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:You're not wrong haha



so nice to see you here again bro
yes, the bad drives out the good
you have been missed

one of the best games in Clippers history!!
are we having fun yet??

Image
A lot of it is I live in NC and don't have league pass, so only get to watch whatever games are on national TV throughout the year. So not quite as engaged as now.

I understand being negative at times, but there are some Debbie downers on here who I feel like would prefer the team lose just so they can tell us they were right lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bingo! Welcome to the all new Clipper board on RealGM
Clemenza
Analyst
Posts: 3,529
And1: 2,570
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#290 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:08 am

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

What? Come on. This is ridiculous it took to 7 games when people here were proclaiming, "Clippers in 5" before the series started. Are our expectations THAT low?

A win here means we continue on with absolutely no ego or crazy proclamations. A loss on Sunday blows up this entire team besides Kawhi (If he wants to stay) and Tmann.

I agree on Reggie. As someone who was down on him, he's been AMAZING in games 5 and 6 and been easily our 2nd best offensive player WHEN IT COUNTED. I wouldn't call Kennard solid at all with his 2 pts and failure to be aggressive scoring, but what other options do we have? Sad about Morris, just not the right series for him.

Do you live in LA?

And I said statement lightly with a little fun attached to it. Don't start a back and forth off of it and I didn't bring up all that "we got this series in five" or whatever. That didn't come out of my mouth. Our naysayers, Lakers fans, the city wants champions first and foremost naturally but they also love that fight, grit, and toughness. There was a ton of Lakers fans here in LA that loved that team that won 2 games against the Warriors in that playoff series two years ago. I know a few that still bring it up to this very day. We lost the series of course but that team turned heads and got a lot of love in the city. Win some tough games and show some fight. Fight and rep the city! I said what I said!



+1000

but Clipper Nation's ass is on the line in Game 7 too lol, let's be honest

Lakers are out and we only have control of LA until Sunday :wink:

No doubt, we're not out of the woods yet. Far from it. Got to make it happen on Sunday or its over
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,670
And1: 1,783
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#291 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:11 am

esqtvd wrote:
Oh no. The thread police are here.

Yawn. Your favorite team’s season is on the line and you’re requesting undying FAITH and POSITIVITY in the midst of their current choking and given theur choking history.

Im gonna be negative.
Im gonna be positive.
Im gonna point out sequences analytically.

Get over it.


If you wanna get personal, Quake, those who add+1 you are the least of our Clipper community. You are the best of them IMO. Up your game? We all know why we can lose and who to blame.

There is no merit in spitting on the Clippers grave before they're dead Back TF off until they're dead?? You have all off-season to piss on them.


ranking people's contributions to the clipper board? huh. very on topic.





There is no merit in spitting on the Clippers grave before they're dead. Back TF off until they're dead?? You have all off-season to piss on them.


Topic is the Clippers. Game 7. Otherwise take it somewhere else? It's all we ask.


:onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
Posts: 963
And1: 240
Joined: Mar 02, 2021

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#292 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:16 am

Your 2 last posts speak for themselves. Absolutely nothing regarding the Clippers players or game 7. In terms of other issues I have with them, that's not for me to decide.



And if you think I was "spitting on the Clippers" you didn't read my posts then.Hmm wonder why.

Mod Comment: This is--again--two posts where you aren't staying on topic and going after others. Others are getting similar warnings and PMs. Stop it now. For good.
clipperlover
Senior
Posts: 517
And1: 334
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#293 » by clipperlover » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:31 am

Honestly, this message board and its game threads are no different than other teams. Go read some Steelers message board game day threads.

I applaud PG for getting his **** together. He has been doing a lot more than just facilitating. He has 9 or more lbs in 4 of the 6 games, 5 or more assists in 4 of the 6 and 3 blocks in each of the last two games.

That said, Lue should have benched PG in the 3rd for a few minutes. Not a breather, but a bonafied Pop style a$$ chewing benching. Too many poor decisions. If I see him and Reggie with any more lazy behind the backasses in a playoff game, I am going to lose it. You can do those things in the regular season, not the playoffs.

We need the bench to really contribute in Game 7. They have to give Kawhi and PG some resting time on such a quick turnaround. Hope Mann gets his confidence back. His pass back in Game 5 is probably still bothering him.
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,197
And1: 4,522
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#294 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:11 pm

Steelers? They’re actually perennially good.
Lmao.

Check a Raiders forum.
It’s the exact same thing with the exact same complaints except the Raiders have been infinitely worse than the Clippers this last decade.

Fire Gruden.
Trade Carr.
This team friggin sucks.
Stop being negative.
I feel like some of you want this team to lose.

Dodger Forums too.

Oh and the same, “I stopped coming around” shaming tactic as well from people who....are....around.
-_-


If people can’t see this is typical forum fan talk, I dunno what to say. Fans are positive. Fans are cynical. Fans break into factions (Kobe-Shaq, Parker-Ginobili). People are people. Pretending there is one way to cope with Clipper choking is misguided. I don’t see anyone d-bagging the team as less of a fan or less interested in Clipper success.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#295 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:52 pm

RingColluder wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:I appreciate the 45 from Kawhi but his defense on Luka is also game/ series changing.

Luka is a different player when Kawhi is guarding him. His BS herky jerky nonsense does not work on Kawhi. He's not stronger than him, so he can't bully him into his little fade aways and leaners.

Kawhi really, IN MY OPINION, smacked him on both ends of the floor tonight.
He needs one more game like this for us to go to Utah.

Yep, we just need Kawhi to put the clamps on him all day Sunday. And PG needs to pull his head out of his ass and give that man some help so he's not all alone.


You really expect anything from him at this point? :lol: :lol: :lol: I trust Reggie Jackson far more in this series than that guy, I'm surprised you even have any optimism Martin.

I'm not optimistic about PG, but it doesn't change the fact that he needs to step up and earn that ridiculous contract when it matters.
Image
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#296 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:57 pm

Edited by mod: We're not doing this. The past is the past. Leave it there. Move on.

This is a general statement about this: If people are still struggling to get past either Doc or Austin Rivers, or keep bringing up things that were issues a year or two (or three) ago and aren't now, start a thread about it and yell there. People agree and disagree with FO moves all the time--it's fine to talk about the FO and it's struggles. It's not fine to bring up and keep bringing up how other posters felt about things that occurred in the past. That's baiting. We're not doing that
Image
reignfire
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,890
And1: 849
Joined: Aug 01, 2012

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#297 » by reignfire » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:09 pm

The FO has really let Kawhi down. Morris and Kennard are such bad contracts. These are the worst type of role players, where they have no identity to speak of, nothing to hang their hat on.

If the Clips advance, maybe they can show something against another team?
flow
Veteran
Posts: 2,585
And1: 1,610
Joined: Feb 18, 2016

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#298 » by flow » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:27 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Kelphus wrote:The game threads suck. I don’t read them. Why bother, the histrionic one liners about anybody and everybody. How about some rational talk of what worked and what didn’t . I dont post during game, there is no point. Nor do I read the ridiculous emotionalism.. I wait until game is over. Like now. Then I read the thread and shake my head.

Great win. That was the Kawhi we waited for. Kudos to Reggies play in first half.

Now lets win game 7... and stop all the “I hope we lose” crap!

That's kind of what game threads are - an emotional stream of consciousness. And when the Clippers have let us down so many times in the playoffs, and when they looked so bad for most of an elimination game, there's going to be some negativity.

Here's hoping this game is where it all finally starts clicking into place for this team.



And, really, outside of Kawhi, Reggie, and PG, we looked lousy tonight. Batum was “okay.” There was an extended Luke Kennard sighting. Rondo and Mann were nonexistent. And I’m concerned about Rondo—about whether there’s been some sort of altercation or he’s hurt or what. I had to check to make sure he played in the second half. He did—three minutes. In a potential elimination game. Something’s going on. But, again, the big picture is we didn’t look too good.



I have the same concern. Near the end of the 3rd quarter, with a foul still to give, Lue was yelling at Rondo to foul Luka. He did, and then Mann immediately subbed in for him. Rondo went straight to the end of the bench and sat pouting. He seemed pissed. Never got back in the game.

Whatever is was, I hope it's squashed before tomorrow. RJ played great, but he can't be counted on to repeat the performance in a Game 7. They're going to need Rondo.

.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 7,741
And1: 837
Joined: Apr 11, 2001

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#299 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:27 pm

clipperlover wrote:Honestly, this message board and its game threads are no different than other teams. Go read some Steelers message board game day threads.

I applaud PG for getting his **** together. He has been doing a lot more than just facilitating. He has 9 or more lbs in 4 of the 6 games, 5 or more assists in 4 of the 6 and 3 blocks in each of the last two games.

That said, Lue should have benched PG in the 3rd for a few minutes. Not a breather, but a bonafied Pop style a$$ chewing benching. Too many poor decisions. If I see him and Reggie with any more lazy behind the backasses in a playoff game, I am going to lose it. You can do those things in the regular season, not the playoffs.

We need the bench to really contribute in Game 7. They have to give Kawhi and PG some resting time on such a quick turnaround. Hope Mann gets his confidence back. His pass back in Game 5 is probably still bothering him.


Quake Griffin wrote:Steelers? They’re actually perennially good.
Lmao.

Check a Raiders forum.
It’s the exact same thing with the exact same complaints except the Raiders have been infinitely worse than the Clippers this last decade.

Fire Gruden.
Trade Carr.
This team friggin sucks.
Stop being negative.
I feel like some of you want this team to lose.

Dodger Forums too.

Oh and the same, “I stopped coming around” shaming tactic as well from people who....are....around.
-_-


If people can’t see this is typical forum fan talk, I dunno what to say. Fans are positive. Fans are cynical. Fans break into factions (Kobe-Shaq, Parker-Ginobili). People are people. Pretending there is one way to cope with Clipper choking is misguided. I don’t see anyone d-bagging the team as less of a fan or less interested in Clipper success.


These. Like I said, I personally don’t post much during the game because—well, I like to enjoy the game (or, sometimes, suffer through it) in a different way. People who are higher or lower at certain moments; good for them. (Or bad for them if we’re really sucking.)

Now, sadly, some Moderator Comments. Tbh, I don’t get the comment about “thread police.” Just so we’re clear, the moderators are the thread police. Literally. If you report a post, the mods check it out and decide if it’s a violation. It’s a fine line to walk; if we do a lot, then you do get the “Thread Police” in a negative way. If mods don’t do anything, certain inmates end up running the asylum. We do what have to do; we do our best. Your input, both as posters and reporters of posts, is critical to that.

The main issue is making the boards a place where people can post whether they’re cynical, amused, broken, ecstatic—whatever. As long as you don’t interfere with others, fine. You can engage in some banter and expect some discord—that’s part of being on a team board.

Which is not to say we don’t have some issues now. What we have are some one note posters and some really exaggerated hyperbole, and some posters doing some extended baiting (passive-aggressively] combined with some serious victim playing. I can’t vouch for how things were dealt with in the 6-7 years since I was last a Clipper mod—but, trust me, we run things by the book now. Warnings and bans have been and will be given out. Nobody wants this to occur—but this, sadly, is also part of fan forums.
Image
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 12,146
And1: 14,831
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#300 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:37 pm

reignfire wrote:The FO has really let Kawhi down. Morris and Kennard are such bad contracts. These are the worst type of role players, where they have no identity to speak of, nothing to hang their hat on.

If the Clips advance, maybe they can show something against another team?

I honestly don't know what they were thinking with Morris. He was part of a toxic locker room in Boston and he's had a mediocre-at-best career. You can't even say they got fooled by the empty stats he put up on the Knicks, because the front office tried to sign him in the offseason before that. I guess the point was to add "toughness," but he's a fake tough guy who only gives bulletin board material to our opponents.

Kennard at least makes some sense on paper - he was supposed to be our Joe Harris. Too bad the front office didn't do their research and realize that he's a one-trick pony who's afraid to do his one trick against any decent opponent. And who were they bidding against when they gave him such a ridiculous contract before seeing him play a single game as a Clipper?
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers