Round 1, Game 7: Clippers vs. Mavericks: June 6, 12:30 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,426

Re: Round 1, Game 7: Clippers vs. Mavericks: June 6, 12:30 PM PCT 

Post#21 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:16 pm

People’s ability to watch games has no bearing on how “true” they are as fans. Don’t imply that. I’m with mttwlsn16 – I’ve got a three year old running around the house, and am negotiating for a three hour pass to a sports bar.

OTOH, I kinda want him to watch as well. We’ve got high hopes for him. I’m 6’5” in basketball height; wife is near 6’. Sooner he gets the idea and learns how to play inside and outside, the better.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#22 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:31 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:People’s ability to watch games has no bearing on how “true” they are as fans. Don’t imply that. I’m with mttwlsn16 – I’ve got a three year old running around the house, and am negotiating for a three hour pass to a sports bar.

OTOH, I kinda want him to watch as well. We’ve got high hopes for him. I’m 6’5” in basketball height; wife is near 6’. Sonner he gets the idea and learns how to play inside and outside, the better.

Edited by Mod: Final warning: Just don't do this. Don't be the guy that's insulting other posters like this. And don't be a one note poster. Stop.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#23 » by RingColluder » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:54 pm

Reggie Jackson is the difference maker in this series so far. Both games 5 and 6 without his help we would have gotten blown out since he's the only one consistency providing a spark plug and easing the burden for Kawhi.

Amazing to think he's on a minimum deal, played awful in the RS for long stretches and yet has saved us from blowing up the entire team. Thank you Reggie and Kawhi!

Sadly, if he doesn't play well in game 7, doubt we can rely on anyone else to help since the other starters just haven't been delivering.

Not very hopeful, but perhaps Morris can get it going like he's done in some minor stretches.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#24 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:19 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This is by far the most important game in Paul George's career. Kawhi saved PG's legacy last night, but we can't count on that to happen again the same way.

PG needs to show up and actually play like a superstar with a $190 million contract tomorrow. If we get Playoff P again with the same turnovers and bricks, the season is probably over and he needs to be traded. No excuses.

Nah.

He melted Quarters 1-3.
But PG did his thing in the 4th. He got it together during money time.

The fact that he did gives me hope that he has some kinda sports psychologist and figured out his triggers etc. I thought his 4th Quarter was night and day from his 1-3.

I’m giving him credit for that.

He did contribute a bit in the 4th, and I'll give him some credit for that, but it doesn't excuse the totality of his performance in an elimination game. PG can't be doing this with the season on the line:

Read on Twitter

We wouldn't have needed a historic playoff performance from Kawhi to extend the series if PG hadn't spent the first three quarters turning it over, bricking, and looking like he didn't want to be there. To be fair, Kawhi himself looked passive and scared in the first quarter before he turned things around later in the game, which also made it more difficult. We need four strong quarters from both our stars tomorrow to close out the series.

Keep in mind this guy played 46 minutes and all 24 minutes of the 2nd half. I'm not saying Lue was wise to do that nor that George deserved each one of those minutes. I'm just stating a fact - he was out there practically the whole game.

I'm certain he was tired. He looked like it on certain plays. I'm certain he was having some "oh no, here we go again" with how he was playing. And in the midst of all that, he found the guts to hit clutch buckets in the 4th Quarter.

You're not wrong. His play put us in a bad spot. But I am going to give him credit more for his 4th Quarter toughness than I am for the 1st through 3rd melting.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Game 7: Clippers vs. Mavericks: June 6, 12:30 PM PCT 

Post#25 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:41 pm

I think Boban got those four offensive rebounds on the same play. He kept batting the ball off the board when he was trying to make a basket. Most of the time we kept him off the offensive boards. And 213 had to play 87 minutes because Rondo and Mann both played like crap when they were in the game. If they had played better we could have rested 213 more. If it is an elimination game we have to do whatever is necessary to win no matter how it impacts the next game. Tomorrow we will see if these guys get rested more in the first half to save something for the fourth quarter.

Notice how the Lakers season ended. Both in games five and six they went down big in the first half. In game five they just quit. In game six they had to exhaust themselves and Lebron trying to make up a 29 point deficit they had incurred in the first half. They cut 19 off of that deficit in the second half rally but Lebron was so tired doing it they had to sit him with five minutes to go in the game. And that was it. You can't fall that far behind in these games using guys that are ineffective or you are most likely going to lose.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Re: Game 7: Clippers vs. Mavericks: June 6, 12:30 PM PCT 

Post#26 » by RingColluder » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:38 am

BenchOnaQUEST wrote:I think Boban got those four offensive rebounds on the same play. He kept batting the ball off the board when he was trying to make a basket. Most of the time we kept him off the offensive boards. And 213 had to play 87 minutes because Rondo and Mann both played like crap when they were in the game. If they had played better we could have rested 213 more. If it is an elimination game we have to do whatever is necessary to win no matter how it impacts the next game. Tomorrow we will see if these guys get rested more in the first half to save something for the fourth quarter.

Notice how the Lakers season ended. Both in games five and six they went down big in the first half. In game five they just quit. In game six they had to exhaust themselves and Lebron trying to make up a 29 point deficit they had incurred in the first half. They cut 19 off of that deficit in the second half rally but Lebron was so tired doing it they had to sit him with five minutes to go in the game. And that was it. You can't fall that far behind in these games using guys that are ineffective or you are most likely going to lose.

It really says it all that Zu is unplayable after so many were clamoring for him to get more minutes last year. He's regressed, demoted to start the season, given a great role and again demoted in the playoffs. In the off season we really need to find a big man we can have long term.

Thankfully Batum has been remarkable defensively but Boban will continue to be an issue against us.

I'm still concerned we may have some guys gas out, but so far they haven't. The early game is :o but that's on us for losing so many already after the "Clippers in 5" calls dissipated
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#27 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:52 am

RingColluder wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This is by far the most important game in Paul George's career. Kawhi saved PG's legacy last night, but we can't count on that to happen again the same way.

PG needs to show up and actually play like a superstar with a $190 million contract tomorrow. If we get Playoff P again with the same turnovers and bricks, the season is probably over and he needs to be traded. No excuses.

PG when it mattered most failed miserably last game and nearly tanked Kawhi's legacy along with it. As usual, this board is the only one even slightly defending his awful game meanwhile the main GT and all across the internet everyone laughs and makes fun of Playoff P. The worst and most fraudulent player in the playoffs today.

We lose round 1 OR round 2 regardless of his stats, he needs to get traded. Not only an awful fit for Kawhi, but we can't deal with someone with such low IQ in such a powerful position on the team.

What is the point of this bullsh*t on here? Good god. The overkill. Such evil maliciousness. I hope you're not like this around loved ones :noway:
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by RingColluder » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:00 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

PG when it mattered most failed miserably last game and nearly tanked Kawhi's legacy along with it. As usual, this board is the only one even slightly defending his awful game meanwhile the main GT and all across the internet everyone laughs and makes fun of Playoff P. The worst and most fraudulent player in the playoffs today.

We lose round 1 OR round 2 regardless of his stats, he needs to get traded. Not only an awful fit for Kawhi, but we can't deal with someone with such low IQ in such a powerful position on the team.

What is the point of this bullsh*t on here? Good god. The overkill. Such evil maliciousness. I hope you're not like this around loved ones :noway:

what a bizarre non sequitur in your last statement. dont get personal

are you not reading the main GT or other boards? just the clippers one?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:08 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

what a bizarre non sequitur in your last statement. dont get personal

are you not reading the main GT or other boards? just the clippers one?

I'm always in the main GT forums and in the Mavs/Clippers thread over there. But f*ck that. What kind of vile, vicious, spitefu hate are you posting on here? Read the sh*t you just said. This sh*t is getting out of hand with you. And I don't give a sh*t, get the mods! We're trying to win a game 7 and you want PG's blood in the streets? Really? I see you sh*tting on PG for the other fans who aren't nearly as hash on him, trying to get more people to hate and pile on him. Its disgusting! We call that type of hated out in real life so why can't we call it out in here? People like you are avoided in real life.. real talk. Ban me, I don't give a sh*t!
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:26 am

"PG when it mattered most failed miserably last game and nearly tanked Kawhi's legacy along with it. As usual, this board is the only one even slightly defending his awful game meanwhile the main GT and all across the internet everyone laughs and makes fun of Playoff P. The worst and most fraudulent player in the playoffs today."

What kind of post is this seriously? Ya'll gonna let this slide? Really? Rip him if he has a bad game most definitely but is this total desecration of a player all about? And they're laughing at him on the General Board but we're too soft and nice to him over here. Come on man. This **** has to stop. Its ran its course a million times. Lets come clean on here. I'm trying to see lifted spirits for Game 7 but instead its a funeral on here. None of you guys mess with hateful and vile people like that in real life so why is it cool on here? I'll take the fall though, Go Clipps, lets win game 7 and advance! May the whole team play well
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by RingColluder » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:36 am

(ignoring till further word)

Back on topic, the 2 keys to tomorrow will be Nick Batum - can he once again continue to exceed his role and avoid becoming a clear mis match and Reggie Jackson, our 2nd most productive scorer on the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie falter after Carlisle makes some adjustments (doubt he focused on him much in game 6) in which case I think we're in a lot of trouble. Our defense was great last game, but our offensive continued to look bad. \

Which bench has more in them? A tough call since Ty Lue refused to give Mann the minutes he needed for games like this. He will receive no fault in my book if he has an off game.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#32 » by NickP » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:15 am

Clemenza wrote:"PG when it mattered most failed miserably last game and nearly tanked Kawhi's legacy along with it. As usual, this board is the only one even slightly defending his awful game meanwhile the main GT and all across the internet everyone laughs and makes fun of Playoff P. The worst and most fraudulent player in the playoffs today."

What kind of post is this seriously? Ya'll gonna let this slide? Really? Rip him if he has a bad game most definitely but is this total desecration of a player all about? And they're laughing at him on the General Board but we're too soft and nice to him over here. Come on man. This **** has to stop. Its ran its course a million times. Lets come clean on here. I'm trying to see lifted spirits for Game 7 but instead its a funeral on here. None of you guys mess with hateful and vile people like that in real life so why is it cool on here? I'll take the fall though, Go Clipps, lets win game 7 and advance! May the whole team play well

I whole heartedly agree with you. I have no idea why this clown is still around bashing PG. I have never seen such vitriol or hatred towards any one player.
Every damn game thread has now become a PG bashing thread. It's getting ridiculously out of hand. This has to stop. Apparently this guy was banned for a week or so but guess what? He's back for more. This kind of hatred is sick.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by RingColluder » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:20 am

I'm here to discuss the Clippers and their game 7 game-plan. Anyone else?

Reggie Jackson? Nick Batum? Bueller?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:24 am

NickP wrote:
Clemenza wrote:"PG when it mattered most failed miserably last game and nearly tanked Kawhi's legacy along with it. As usual, this board is the only one even slightly defending his awful game meanwhile the main GT and all across the internet everyone laughs and makes fun of Playoff P. The worst and most fraudulent player in the playoffs today."

I whole heartedly agree with you. I have no idea why this clown is still around bashing PG. I have never seen such vitriol or hatred towards any one player.
Every damn game thread has now become a PG bashing thread. It's getting ridiculously out of hand. This has to stop. Apparently this guy was banned for a week or so but guess what? He's back for more. This kind of hatred is sick.

Its disgusting. Its out of hand, vicious, and vile. That type of behavior is not cool online or off. We should be pumping each other up right now and trying to will a good game into existence, not the opposite. I don't even want to get personal but its so disappointing reading sh*t like that at a nonstop continuous loop. And if you're not bashing and laughing at a player nonstop-un-relentlessly then something is wrong with you? And now drumming up and encouraging anti-PG movement on the General Board. Sheesh. I've had enough. But whatever. Lets stay positive. Go Clipps
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#35 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:32 am

Read on Twitter
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by RingColluder » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:32 am

Expected Clipper point totals for a win (assuming 46% FG Pt):

Kawhi: 30+
Reggie: 20+
PG: 15+ (biggest concern is TO's and IQ ability)
Batum: 10+ (biggest concern is post defense)
Morris: 6+ (sadly)
Zubac: Rebounds
Rondo: assists
Tmann + Kennard: Combined 10+

Obviously some of these need to stretch like Kawhi's and Reggie's, but with Carlisle inevitably gameplannig for the first time all series against Reggie, he needs to show up or we will lose.

16 pts on 50 FG% (3)
15 on 41% FG (4)
20 pts 44% (5)
25 pts 54% shooting (6)

20 pts from Reggie at 45% iso or so should equal a win. I'm very concerned he'll have a Morris game though as him and maybe 1 or 2 others could not be worse at these early games..
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#37 » by NickP » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:34 am

Clemenza wrote:
NickP wrote:

Its disgusting. Its out of hand, vicious, and vile. That type of behavior is not cool online or off. We should be pumping each other up right now and trying to will a good game into existence, not the opposite. I don't even want to get personal but its so disappointing reading sh*t like that at a nonstop continuous loop. And if you're not bashing and laughing at a player nonstop-un-relentlessly then something is wrong with you? And now drumming up and encouraging anti-PG movement on the General Board. Sheesh. I've had enough. But whatever. Lets stay positive. Go Clipps

Yeah and now he's gathering an army. I'm hoping Quake and MTV don't fall for this crap.
Yeah I didn't like how our season ended last year and I kept blaming Doc to the point I realized it's getting a bit too much. We follow this team and right now every player on this team is giving his very best. I bet Mook feels horrible that his shot is not falling but at least there's effort.
PG is actually having a good series if he can take care of the TOs but the amount of ball handling that he does accounts for that.
I really hope this team comes out with an aggressive mindset and sets the tone early.
Let's go Clippers!!
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 726

Post#38 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:54 am

I ignored the poster but i recognize when i see his trash. He's just another PG hater bro. You would normally let it go if thats a one time thing in threads but you gotta put him ignore list at some point when he constantly does it, every game thread against multiple posters. It's crazy they still let him goin around to spill those trashes.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by RingColluder » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:35 am

(More ignoring, I'm not reporting the last few but the point and pattern has been made privately.)

The fact that most did not see the brilliance of Terrence Mann despite his superior play in the RS is a key reason why tomorrow's game is so up in the air. While we wasted the last 8 or so games playing Bev, Tmann who is now getting 10-12 minutes a game sat as a DNP. Even playing Kennard in those games would have beneficial as our issues arise mostly from an offense and ball movement perspective, something Bev came back in as totally a. shell of himself.

If we do make it to round 2, the guard play gets even better against the Jazz and unfortunate. Mann and Kennard will have to be learning on the job as opposed to feeling comfortable chemistry wise with players like Rondo and Zu. I could even see next series with Gobert being the biggest force we face Cousins getting some minutes if Zu continues to **** the bed.

One game at a time, but the role players will be critical. I expect Kawhi to have to play nearly the entire game tomorrow.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#40 » by Kelphus » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:33 am

Clips opened as 5.5 point favs, now up to 6.5 points. Vegas believes…. Me too!

The over/under on when is the first “it’s over for Clippers” post on this board is 2.5 minutes into the game
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers