ImageImageImageImageImage

Round 1, Game 7: Clippers vs. Mavericks: June 6, 12:30 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: Round 1, Game 7: Clippers vs. Mavericks: June 6, 12:30 PM PCT 

Post#41 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:49 pm

Clemenza wrote:"PG when it mattered most failed miserably last game and nearly tanked Kawhi's legacy along with it. As usual, this board is the only one even slightly defending his awful game meanwhile the main GT and all across the internet everyone laughs and makes fun of Playoff P. The worst and most fraudulent player in the playoffs today."

What kind of post is this seriously? Ya'll gonna let this slide? Really? Rip him if he has a bad game most definitely but is this total desecration of a player all about? And they're laughing at him on the General Board but we're too soft and nice to him over here. Come on man. This **** has to stop. Its ran its course a million times. Lets come clean on here. I'm trying to see lifted spirits for Game 7 but instead its a funeral on here. None of you guys mess with hateful and vile people like that in real life so why is it cool on here? I'll take the fall though, Go Clipps, lets win game 7 and advance! May the whole team play well
Thank you

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#42 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:50 pm

RingColluder wrote:I'm here to discuss the Clippers and their game 7 game-plan. Anyone else?

Reggie Jackson? Nick Batum? Bueller?
I've been back on here for about 2 weeks and can tell you're full of ****.

mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#43 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:55 pm

Kelphus wrote:Clips opened as 5.5 point favs, now up to 6.5 points. Vegas believes…. Me too!

The over/under on when is the first “it’s over for Clippers” post on this board is 2.5 minutes into the game
Boban wins the opening tip. Game over, Dallas wins.

TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,428

Post#44 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:13 pm

So! Woke up to see a spate of baiting and attack posts! Just the way I like to start my Father's Day. 8-)

For those of you commenting on the posts that have been over the top--I'll say it again. Report the post. Reports from multiple posters = post removal and warning/ban.

And posting deliberately inflammatory posts (over the top posts) disrupt the board. It's a type of baiting. It's against the terms of service. Doing that and pretending you're not doing anything isn't going to work either.

There has been a group of warnings and bans. Hate to do this prior to a game 7--but this thread is supposed to be our Game 7 thread. It's a big deal. Just so we're clear--I don't care if you think the Clippers are doomed to lose again, or if you think everything is great and perfect the way it is. Just be tolerant and respectful--no over the top posts about ruining people's lives or worst performers in history that make no sense and p!$$ people off (as they're intended to). Argue. Cheer. Fight. Get pissed. Do what you want--but don't bring drama that isn't already there. That isn't going to fly.

There may be some earlier posts that are not relevant to the game removed in the near future--that shouldn't slow anyone down from posting and, hopefully, enjoying the game and the banter on the boards--even if it isn't exactly what you think or want to hear!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#45 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:50 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:So! Woke up to see a spate of baiting and attack posts! Just the way I like to start my Father's Day. 8-)

For those of you commenting on the posts that have been over the top--I'll say it again. Report the post. Reports from multiple posters = post removal and warning/ban.

And posting deliberately inflammatory posts (over the top posts) disrupt the board. It's a type of baiting. It's against the terms of service. Doing that and pretending you're not doing anything isn't going to work either.

There has been a group of warnings and bans. Hate to do this prior to a game 7--but this thread is supposed to be our Game 7 thread. It's a big deal. Just so we're clear--I don't care if you think the Clippers are doomed to lose again, or if you think is great and perfect the way it is. Just be tolerant and respectful--no over the top posts about ruining people's lives or worst performers in history that make no sense and p!$$ people off (as they're intended to). Argue. Cheer. Fight. Get pissed. Do what you want--but don't bring drama that isn't already there. That isn't going to fly.

There may be some earlier posts that are not relevant to the game removed in the near future--that shouldn't slow anyone down from posting and, hopefully, enjoying the game and the banter on the boards--even if it isn't exactly what you think or want to hear!
Isn't father's day in 2 weeks? Lol

NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#46 » by NickP » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:07 pm

The game plan should be simple. Don't fall behind and maintain a lead. You don't want to play catch-up the whole game.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#47 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:10 pm

They need to play with energy from the get go. For some reason, the road team in this series has been energized while the home team looks lethargic. I don't care if the game starts at 4 am- you have to be ready to play from the tip. If they do get a lead, they cannot get complacent either.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#48 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Welp. The league can't even hide how much they want Luka in the next round.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#49 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:26 pm

No cold start today. Come out strong with energy
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#50 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:33 pm

NickP wrote:Yeah I didn't like how our season ended last year and I kept blaming Doc to the point I realized it's getting a bit too much. We follow this team and right now every player on this team is giving his very best. I bet Mook feels horrible that his shot is not falling but at least there's effort.
PG is actually having a good series if he can take care of the TOs but the amount of ball handling that he does accounts for that.
I really hope this team comes out with an aggressive mindset and sets the tone early.
Let's go Clippers!!

There’s been plenty of bad outcomes over the years, so there’s been plenty of blame to assign and we all are gonna have our own thoughts on the who’s and why’s. You can love or hate Doc, Logo, PG, Kawhi, Ty, whoever and as long as we’re discussing it in good faith it’s all good. You don’t even have to be a Clipper fan to have good conversations here.

The problem only comes when someone decides everyone else on the board must absolutely come to the same conclusion as them.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#51 » by ducler » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#52 » by Scoundreldays » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:39 pm

Let's go Clips! People are talking about PG needing to step up this game and yes he needs to be great. However, the person that needs to get out of their Funk is Morris. Not sure why but he looks lost this series. If he can get back to even average I think we win this pretty solid. *Raises hands for a MARCUS MORRIS spirit bomb*
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#53 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:44 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:Let's go Clips! People are talking about PG needing to step up this game and yes he needs to be great. However, the person that needs to get out of their Funk is Morris. Not sure why but he looks lost this series. If he can get back to even average I think we win this pretty solid. *Raises hands for a MARCUS MORRIS spirit bomb*

I've been very critical of Morris, but people have been making a good point that he's probably getting worn down from dealing with Boban.

That being said, we still need a little more from him with how much he's getting paid.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#54 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't like this, it reminds me of Doc saying that "rah rah speeches are useless" before Game 7 last year.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#55 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:08 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:Let's go Clips! People are talking about PG needing to step up this game and yes he needs to be great. However, the person that needs to get out of their Funk is Morris. Not sure why but he looks lost this series. If he can get back to even average I think we win this pretty solid. *Raises hands for a MARCUS MORRIS spirit bomb*

I gotta a feelin' Kennard is going to make at least 3 three's for us today
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#56 » by NickP » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:39 pm

Clemenza wrote:

I gotta a feelin' Kennard is going to make at least 3 three's for us today

Luke makes a few, Mook makes a few. It's all good.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#57 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:00 pm

I would love for this to be one of those Game 7s that you get in the earlier rounds where the home team molly wops the away team.

Knowing these Clippers, it'll be a butt clencher the entire way through.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#58 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:01 pm

We must attack Luka on defense. Honestly, let Kawhi take him a couple times early.

Make him a passer early on.
We cannot afford to be down 7-0 like last time.

We cannot play uphill and I don't even think playing a back and forth is good for us.
Punch them square in the mouth.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#59 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:41 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:We must attack Luka on defense. Honestly, let Kawhi take him a couple times early.

Make him a passer early on.
We cannot afford to be down 7-0 like last time.

We cannot play uphill and I don't even think playing a back and forth is good for us.
Punch them square in the mouth.
I agree. Need to force Luka to play defense early and often. Force him into switching only the ball handler.

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,175

Post#60 » by og15 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:48 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:So! Woke up to see a spate of baiting and attack posts! Just the way I like to start my Father's Day. 8-)

There has been a group of warnings and bans. Hate to do this prior to a game 7--but this thread is supposed to be our Game 7 thread. It's a big deal. Just so we're clear--I don't care if you think the Clippers are doomed to lose again, or if you think is great and perfect the way it is. Just be tolerant and respectful--no over the top posts about ruining people's lives or worst performers in history that make no sense and p!$$ people off (as they're intended to). Argue. Cheer. Fight. Get pissed. Do what you want--but don't bring drama that isn't already there. That isn't going to fly.

Man, there's only two of us mods, thanks for dealing with the madness. I've been busy all day. I told my daughter I want to watch the game now, she says she doesn't want to go inside yet, so I'm outside as she plays watching on my iPad instead of on the big screen. Saw all the reports and posts in the morning but way too much going on today, no time to check it all out.

Quake Griffin wrote:I would love for this to be one of those Game 7s that you get in the earlier rounds where the home team molly wops the away team.

Knowing these Clippers, it'll be a butt clencher the entire way through.

Please blow out! And yes, certainly don't play comeback for the first part of the game, don't want to go into the 2nd half or 4th quarter tired.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers