So....Utah

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: So....Utah 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:53 pm

og15 wrote:
KL2 wrote:So frustrating/embarrassing to see the team/organization tank to get Utah and then not show up against them.

The goal was to get Utah? I thought it was too avoid the Lakers until later (which was hard to predict), or to rest. It was also said by some that it was specifically to get Dallas, so I don't know anymore. The Clippers looked better vs Phoenix's style and players than vs Utah, but they only really had one healthy game vs Utah (IIRC), so not much sample.

I think the tank was on and Utah was seen as preferable in the 2nd round to the Lakers.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#42 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 pm

og15 wrote:
KL2 wrote:So frustrating/embarrassing to see the team/organization tank to get Utah and then not show up against them.

The goal was to get Utah? I thought it was too avoid the Lakers until later (which was hard to predict), or to rest. It was also said by some that it was specifically to get Dallas, so I don't know anymore. The Clippers looked better vs Phoenix's style and players than vs Utah, but they only really had one healthy game vs Utah (IIRC), so not much sample.

There were two games where both teams were completely healthy and it was a 1-1 split. The Jazz won the other one where it was the Lou Williams show. This series is far from over, I think.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#43 » by clipperlover » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:16 pm

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:

I think the tank was on and Utah was seen as preferable in the 2nd round to the Lakers.

I don't blame the Clippers for resting guys at all at the end of the season. There were a lot of injuries across the league this year and now into the playoffs. Lue knew he needed to get everyone some playing time because it was going to be all hands on deck during the playoffs. Since the start of the bubble, the Clips have now played 103 games. The max games in an NBA season is 110. The Clips are going to play a minimum of 11 more games to win a title. To win a title, you need to face and overcome some adversity. I think we are doing that.

Rather than avoid the Lakers in the 1st round because it is perceived we were scared, I find it more plausible, the NBA would wet itself with a Clippers vs Lakers WCF. 7 games in Staples. No one wants that in round one.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers