ImageImageImageImageImage

Chauncey

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

clipperlover
Junior
And1: 307

Chauncey 

Post#1 » by clipperlover » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:00 pm

In all of the talk about the post season, I believe we are overlooking the Head Coaching interest Chauncey is drawing from multiple teams. I don't want to see him go and hope that he can take over for Ty Lue at some point. I hope Ballmer pays him to get him off the market.

At some point, Ballmer could dump Frank and offer Lue a front office job.

I would hate to see the guy leave before we can see what he can do.

If the Nuggets get bounced and they make the knee jerk reaction to fire Mike Malone, then I would bet that Denver hires Chauncey.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 14,696

Re: Chauncey 

Post#2 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Promoting a coach to the front office didn't work with Dunleavy or Doc and hasn't worked with Frank. Why would Lue be any better? We need an experienced executive like Masai.
clipperlover
Junior

Post#3 » by clipperlover » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:05 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Promoting a coach to the front office didn't work with Dunleavy or Doc and hasn't worked with Frank. Why would Lue be any better? We need an experienced executive like Masai.

Ballmer isn't likey to fire Lue, so you would have to promote him if you really want Chauncey as the coach for the future.
NickP
Senior
And1: 340

Post#4 » by NickP » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm

All this talk is a bit premature. The season is still on and Lue is trying to win a chip. Let's wait to see how far Lue takes us this year.
I'm certain he has the team better prepared for the next game. As far as Chauncey goes, he's not waiting for Ballmer to do anything. Head coaching jobs are highly sought after and Chauncey will jump at that opportunity. I don't think money can sway him to stay in his current position.
clipperlover
Junior

Post#5 » by clipperlover » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm

NickP wrote:All this talk is a bit premature. The season is still on and Lue is trying to win a chip. Let's wait to see how far Lue takes us this year.
I'm certain he has the team better prepared for the next game. As far as Chauncey goes, he's not waiting for Ballmer to do anything. Head coaching jobs are highly sought after and Chauncey will jump at that opportunity. I don't think money can sway him to stay in his current position.

Spurs did it for several years with Bud, but then Pop never went away. Bud was supposed to be the heir apparent.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 18,350

Post#6 » by og15 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:17 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Promoting a coach to the front office didn't work with Dunleavy or Doc and hasn't worked with Frank. Why would Lue be any better? We need an experienced executive like Masai.

I'd differ between promoting to front office and giving a coach dual roles. That said, I don't see why Lue would be put into the front office, seems random.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers