ImageImageImageImageImage

Terance Mann signs extension with Clippers - 2 years 22 million

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Re: Terance Mann signs extension with Clippers - 2 years 22 million 

Post#21 » by Kelphus » Sun Mar 6, 2022 12:02 am

It has been amazing to see Coffey grow. Frankly he seems more valuable lately than, gasp, Mann

Fantastic to see this young talent, Mann, Coffey, Boston.... along with Zu and Hart who are certainly exceeding expectations.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#22 » by clipsfever » Sun Mar 6, 2022 2:23 am

Coffey and The Ninjas in The Night

At this point, I can only hope that Amir's conversion and contract is all worked out and that they just want to give Rod Hood a few more paychecks as one of Ty's Guys
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,171

Post#23 » by og15 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 8:59 pm

donemilio21 wrote:

Aside from the glaringly obvious pick of Shai and hitting a longshot in T-Mann, Ballmer's zillion-dollar FO has achieved little of note itself, wasting the #13 Jerome Robinson pick and swapping a FRP [#19] for the useless Kabengele. Doc's highest picks were at #25 [Bullock, Brice] and a #28 [Wilcox], well into the dice roll

After watching Tyrese Maxey play tonight, I realized he was the #21 pick in 2020 draft. #19 was Saddiq Bey. That picked belonged to us before we traded it to get Kabengele in 2019 draft night. What a shame.
Can't get too caught up in hindsight. At the time they traded a future first for the 27th pick.

Clippers with all the guards on the team at the time wouldn't likely have picked Maxey though, so no need to feel like something was lost.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#24 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Mar 9, 2022 12:00 am

og15 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:

Aside from the glaringly obvious pick of Shai and hitting a longshot in T-Mann, Ballmer's zillion-dollar FO has achieved little of note itself, wasting the #13 Jerome Robinson pick and swapping a FRP [#19] for the useless Kabengele. Doc's highest picks were at #25 [Bullock, Brice] and a #28 [Wilcox], well into the dice roll

After watching Tyrese Maxey play tonight, I realized he was the #21 pick in 2020 draft. #19 was Saddiq Bey. That picked belonged to us before we traded it to get Kabengele in 2019 draft night. What a shame.
Can't get too caught up in hindsight. At the time they traded a future first for the 27th pick.

Clippers with all the guards on the team at the time wouldn't likely have picked Maxey though, so no need to feel like something was lost.

And at least we got guys like Mann and Coffey! (as well as flipping Keon into Norman Powell)
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#25 » by nickhx2 » Wed Mar 9, 2022 1:06 am

og15 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:

ya, definitely don't feel too flummoxed over the kabe pick, but the robinson pick was maddening at the time because michael porter jr just seemed like such a good gamble. as it turned out he's an anti-vaxxer psycho who has no idea how to play defense and will always be at risk of randomly losing his career to injury, so it kinda worked out anyway. still, imagine he came on strong during his rookie season and when the PG trade happens, they ask for him instead of shai? so i guess that part stings.

not sure why doc picks are being brought up, because if we're talking about hindsight, those picks suffer from being not just unfortunate in hindsight, but atrocious in real time. the team had legitimate needs with available picks that were glaringly obvious (rudy gobert even though f*** gobert, dejounte murray, etc etc), yet doc decided to go with trashy options each and every time when they made no sense. like, i'm cool with making a move that doesn't work out, but was a good gamble at the time because of xyz information, or because you're so limited in assets you have no choice but to try for a home run. however, what i think is horrendous is making a decision that is bad at the time, given all the information presented, and then having it become even worse when that stuff woulda worked out for you later on.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#26 » by Goner » Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:44 am

nickhx2 wrote:
ya, definitely don't feel too flummoxed over the kabe pick, but the robinson pick was maddening at the time because michael porter jr just seemed like such a good gamble. as it turned out he's an anti-vaxxer psycho who has no idea how to play defense and will always be at risk of randomly losing his career to injury, so it kinda worked out anyway.

Not only this, but imagine the kind of backlash the FO would get from other teams if our doctors put out the prognosis on his back, causing other teams to pass on him, and then we go and draft him anyway. That would look horrible.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#27 » by nickhx2 » Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:58 am

yeah that would have been seen as some very bad faith tactics.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#28 » by donemilio21 » Wed Mar 9, 2022 4:37 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
og15 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:After watching Tyrese Maxey play tonight, I realized he was the #21 pick in 2020 draft. #19 was Saddiq Bey. That picked belonged to us before we traded it to get Kabengele in 2019 draft night. What a shame.

ya, definitely don't feel too flummoxed over the kabe pick, but the robinson pick was maddening at the time because michael porter jr just seemed like such a good gamble. as it turned out he's an anti-vaxxer psycho who has no idea how to play defense and will always be at risk of randomly losing his career to injury, so it kinda worked out anyway. still, imagine he came on strong during his rookie season and when the PG trade happens, they ask for him instead of shai? so i guess that part stings.

not sure why doc picks are being brought up, because if we're talking about hindsight, those picks suffer from being not just unfortunate in hindsight, but atrocious in real time. the team had legitimate needs with available picks that were glaringly obvious (rudy gobert even though f*** gobert, dejounte murray, etc etc), yet doc decided to go with trashy options each and every time when they made no sense. like, i'm cool with making a move that doesn't work out, but was a good gamble at the time because of xyz information, or because you're so limited in assets you have no choice but to try for a home run. however, what i think is horrendous is making a decision that is bad at the time, given all the information presented, and then having it become even worse when that stuff woulda worked out for you later on.

I guess I'm more upset with Kabengele becoming a g-league player, than our FO picking him.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,171

Post#29 » by og15 » Wed Mar 9, 2022 6:00 pm

Goner wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:
ya, definitely don't feel too flummoxed over the kabe pick, but the robinson pick was maddening at the time because michael porter jr just seemed like such a good gamble. as it turned out he's an anti-vaxxer psycho who has no idea how to play defense and will always be at risk of randomly losing his career to injury, so it kinda worked out anyway.

Not only this, but imagine the kind of backlash the FO would get from other teams if our doctors put out the prognosis on his back, causing other teams to pass on him, and then we go and draft him anyway. That would look horrible.

Haha, the shadiness there would be pretty bad though, for sure.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#30 » by ejftw » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:12 pm

In regards to the Rome pick, I was one of the few that wanted no part of Porter Jr., unless it was to dangle him in a trade due to his "upside." Personally, even without the injury being as severe as assumed, I never thought Porter was going to be a great player, and thought his roof was a slightly worse Aaron Gordon (not in style, in impact).

Didn't think Rome was a first round talent, but I do remember reading that the Bucks were high on Rome (pick #17, took DDV) along with Phoenix (#16, took Zhaire Smith - dealt for Mikal Bridges). The guys I wanted over him were:
Aaron Holiday (#23)
Chandler Hutchison (#22)
Troy Brown Jr (#15)
Anferne Simons (#24)
Bruce Brown (#42)

Most of those might be in the league still, and sans Simons, none are really impact guys, so I would've struck out as well.

Hope OKC gets Simons this summer though, a SEGA/Simons/Giddey trio would be fun

Return to Los Angeles Clippers