ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, QRich3, TrueLAfan

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,804
And1: 8,549
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 26,584
And1: 9,155
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#2 » by TheNewEra » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:20 am

Interesting start
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 26,584
And1: 9,155
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#3 » by TheNewEra » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:46 am

Bench unit completely falling apart
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 7,147
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#4 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:51 am

TheNewEra wrote:Bench unit completely falling apart



we're getting punked physically and mentally
say what you want about Bev and Trezz but
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
LamarWho
Junior
Posts: 484
And1: 279
Joined: Oct 06, 2019

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#5 » by LamarWho » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:55 am

Gonna be a long season guys.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 40,251
And1: 20,141
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#6 » by og15 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:01 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Bench unit completely falling apart



we're getting punked physically and mentally
say what you want about Bev and Trezz but

Trezz was last on the team two seasons ago, I don't even think about him :lol:
ShaqFTs
Ballboy
Posts: 34
And1: 12
Joined: Oct 28, 2021

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#7 » by ShaqFTs » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:01 am

Man, this is going to be a tough season. :( Hopefully the play in game is in play.
LamarWho
Junior
Posts: 484
And1: 279
Joined: Oct 06, 2019

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#8 » by LamarWho » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:07 am

Unless MMSr comes back and put up # like he did in NY, there's no way this is a .500 ball club.

Our goal is the 9/10th seed. Maybe Kawhi will make it back end of the season to help us get there.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 40,251
And1: 20,141
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#9 » by og15 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:07 am

ShaqFTs wrote:Man, this is going to be a tough season. :( Hopefully the play in game is in play.

Sample size is still small and there are some favorable things. If they can continue to defend, that bodes well for them.

Currently the team is shooting 30.7% 3PT, it's very unlikely that this remains. Reggie Jackson is at 32/30, that's simply not going to stay like that unless it will be one of the worst shooting seasons in NBA history. Bledsoe is at 41/15, again, it's simply very unlikely to remain that way. Batum 41/27, Mann 42/33. With so many players shooting poorly, and with the Clippers generating enough quality shots for them to be shooting better, of course I can't say they won't be in the play-in, but they certainly will be better than this after more games get in the books.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 40,251
And1: 20,141
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#10 » by og15 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:09 am

Good close-out for the half at least, 8 points is manageable if you can start to hit more shots

That was quite a nice pass by the Blazers though
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 40,251
And1: 20,141
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#11 » by og15 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:29 am

PG throwing too many bad passes
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 7,147
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#12 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:34 am

Clippers start 6-6 from three
3-18 since including a 1-16 run
and only 1-3 FTs

this is no way to run an airline

PG with 22 pts, the rest with 15
Mann and Kennard are 0-7 for a team-worst minus-16

oh wait, Kennard just hit a 3--1-8, minus-13

Reggie and Bledsoe are "staying within themselves" [3-12] and the starters are about even in +/-
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
ShaqFTs
Ballboy
Posts: 34
And1: 12
Joined: Oct 28, 2021

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#13 » by ShaqFTs » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:34 am

og15 wrote:
ShaqFTs wrote:Man, this is going to be a tough season. :( Hopefully the play in game is in play.

Sample size is still small and there are some favorable things. If they can continue to defend, that bodes well for them.

Currently the team is shooting 30.7% 3PT, it's very unlikely that this remains. Reggie Jackson is at 32/30, that's simply not going to stay like that unless it will be one of the worst shooting seasons in NBA history. Bledsoe is at 41/15, again, it's simply very unlikely to remain that way. Batum 41/27, Mann 42/33. With so many players shooting poorly, and with the Clippers generating enough quality shots for them to be shooting better, of course I can't say they won't be in the play-in, but they certainly will be better than this after more games get in the books.



What concerns me is not the shots missed, but how lethargic and checked out they looked coming out of the half.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 7,147
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#14 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:38 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Bench unit completely falling apart



we're getting punked physically and mentally
say what you want about Bev and Trezz but

Trezz was last on the team two seasons ago, I don't even think about him :lol:


well, OG---if you read the board more often [ahem! :lol: ] you'd know that I also recently referenced our OTHER 6MOYs Jamal and Lou

those who trashed them should start to see why they were so respected by their NBA peers

and what we AIN'T GOT in this year's edition
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 7,147
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#15 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:48 am

og15 wrote:PG throwing too many bad passes


PG doing everything except the laundry for this team bruh
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 40,251
And1: 20,141
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#16 » by og15 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:00 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:PG throwing too many bad passes


PG doing everything except the laundry for this team bruh

That was a time specific post, PG had 2 of his three turnovers within 3 possessions and almost turned it over in the other possession, but Batum I think it was recovered it. He had a little stretch where it got sloppy for him turnover wise.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 7,147
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#17 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:03 am

Luke manning up bigtime--and by that I mean the ONLY Clipper in double figures besides PG
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
ShaqFTs
Ballboy
Posts: 34
And1: 12
Joined: Oct 28, 2021

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#18 » by ShaqFTs » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:05 am

Zu is getting crushed. We need to trade for a big if we want to make a playoff run this year.
KL2
Pro Prospect
Posts: 833
And1: 428
Joined: Jul 09, 2019
Location: California
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#19 » by KL2 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:05 am

Jackson should be embarrassed by his play. He needs to be the second leading scorer.

Lue should be embarrassed for sticking with Coffey.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 7,147
And1: 1,934
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 5: Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers: Oct 29 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#20 » by esqtvd » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:06 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:PG throwing too many bad passes


PG doing everything except the laundry for this team bruh

That was a time specific post, PG had 2 of his three turnovers within 3 possessions and almost turned it over in the other possession, but Batum I think it was recovered it. He had a little stretch where it got sloppy for him turnover wise.


I understand, you were in the passion of the moment :)

but only 3TOs--just one quarter's work for Westbrook :rofl2:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers