ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 24: Los Angeles Clippers @ Sacramento Kings : Dec 4 7:00 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Re: Game 24: Los Angeles Clippers @ Sacramento Kings : Dec 4 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#101 » by LamarWho » Mon Dec 6, 2021 7:56 pm

KL2 wrote:I think the Bledsoe signing was for a future trade. Who they could be targeting with that salary range I couldn’t guess. Even if they’re not actively looking now teams will be calling about that contract later.

They were also probably hoping he’d work out in the meantime.

In my dream.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Game 24: Los Angeles Clippers @ Sacramento Kings : Dec 4 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#102 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 7, 2021 7:39 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Caught in a lie again. I was pointing out Kawhi's options when others were so smug he would not leave. But as usual I was correct lol--it was no sure thing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009388-report-kawhi-leonard-will-listen-to-other-teams-in-free-agency-amid-clippers-buzz

Notice how I linked the threads so people could see the context of those posts. You were all over those threads crapping on every aspect of the team and not-so-subtly rooting for the worst case scenario post-Doc. Not hard for any reasonable person to see what you were doing by repeatedly harping on how close the Suns' arena is to Kawhi's home in San Diego.

Face it, every time you derail a game thread like this by trying to play Fandom Police, you're throwing rocks from a glass house.

Bro you're right in your posts and even I had disagreements and back and forth with Tom about Kawhi bolting.
But we need to let it go and understand that probably everything comes from being a fan of our team and getting frustrated with the team.
I'm sure we've all said things we wish we could take back.

OK, NickP---then let's forget the trollperson and its Doc Rivers obsession--I was right. Kawhi DID open listening to other offers and I did the research about what would make sense for him. Those posts were from BEFORE Kawhi even got hurt ffs. PHX made sense and I just shared it with the board.

What changed:

Chris Paul stayed healthy.
    The Suns made the Finals.
    Kawhi got hurt.
    PG stepped up from Pandemic P to Playoff P.
    The rest of the Clips got PG's back and made the Conference Finals.

And--IMO--nobody really showed much interest in Kawhi at age 30 with a **** knee and his weird personality at a long term max contract. So he re-signed. Lets look at his contrat with Ballmer: 4 years--$39M this year for maybe NEVER PLAYING AT ALL. 2 more years at $40M and then a PLAYER OPTION to bail at age 34 if his body is still holding up.

So let's stay real, OK?

I never said Kawhi would bolt. Out of my own curiosity. I just researched his options---and shared it with our board. Phoenix IS just an hour away by plane from Kawhi's home in San Diego.

If CP hadn't come through for PHX and PG didn't do the same for the Clips, yes, KL might have decided differently. That's just the facts.

Kawhi Leonard could end up re-signing with the Los Angeles Clippers, but the five-time All-Star is reportedly keeping his options open in free agency.

Per Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, Leonard "will listen" to pitches from other teams even though the expectation is he will remain with the Clippers...
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers