esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Re: Game 24: Los Angeles Clippers @ Sacramento Kings : Dec 4 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#81 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:39 pm

ShaqFTs wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Kelphus wrote:
If you keep repeating that lie enough apparently you think it will stick?

It's the truth. He was openly begging Kawhi to sign with Phoenix.

Yikes really?? Do you have proof?

If that's true, I don't that poster has any basis to be deeming who are real fans and who aren't. I'll ignore them.

Lying as usual. Ignore what you wish.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#82 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:45 pm

KL2 wrote:This team is fooling themselves if they think they’re ok. How many games where they recognize what they’re doing wrong and then continue to do it again and again and again? They may not need to hit all the panic buttons but PG and Jackson cannot say we’re in good shape, no need to panic, and then go out and lead the charge in a lot of what’s wrong with the team.

Players only meeting maybe?

Even Batum, who is sorely missed, might not be able to turn the boat around.

Team full of role players. Which is mostly fine with two stars, but not just one.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,270

Post#83 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 5, 2021 8:19 pm

ShaqFTs wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Kelphus wrote:
If you keep repeating that lie enough apparently you think it will stick?

It's the truth. He was openly begging Kawhi to sign with Phoenix.

Yikes really?? Do you have proof?

If that's true, I don't that poster has any basis to be deeming who are real fans and who aren't. I'll ignore them.

Here's an example of the nonsense he was spewing going into last season:

esqtvd wrote:COMPUTE: Talking Stick Arena, by private plane or even Southwest Airlines. Door-to-door, almost the same as Staples from SD [Kawhi] or Lancaster [PG]. I did the flight/drive times in a previous post...

Betcha. Come 2021, one or the other will be there, not here. And don't be surprised if it's Kawhi. :-? And thanks for asking. But I do not believe.

viewtopic.php?p=86857692#p86857692

esqtvd wrote:Well, I think the Clippers are hoping that PG will. They don't have much else beyond Serge, since Phoenix is just as close to Kawhi's mansion in San Diego by air/car as Staples is.

And Serge's contract next year is a PLAYER option. They could both be with the Suns this time next year. Just sayin', bro. I'm not here to fight with you.

viewtopic.php?p=87079728#p87079728

esqtvd wrote:This is what Kawhi meant by the Clippers lack of "Basketball IQ." He is out there on a floor full of basketball morons. Unless something changes, he's OUTTA here come next summer.

That's the fact. He is not going to stay with the Clips to snarf up a few excess millions. Phoenix is an hour by plane from his home in San Diego and he can go there next year and get to play with Chris Paul.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2017998

Esqtvd can lie all he wants, but the reciepts are still there. He was practically salivating at the idea of Kawhi going to Phoenix because he was that bitter about Doc being fired.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#84 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 5, 2021 8:28 pm

Caught in a lie again. I was pointing out Kawhi's options when others were so smug he would not leave. But as usual I was correct lol--it was no sure thing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009388-report-kawhi-leonard-will-listen-to-other-teams-in-free-agency-amid-clippers-buzz
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,270

Post#85 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 5, 2021 8:37 pm

esqtvd wrote:Caught in a lie again. I was pointing out Kawhi's options when others were so smug he would not leave. But as usual I was correct lol--it was no sure thing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009388-report-kawhi-leonard-will-listen-to-other-teams-in-free-agency-amid-clippers-buzz

Notice how I linked the threads so people could see the context of those posts. You were all over those threads crapping on every aspect of the team and not-so-subtly rooting for the worst case scenario post-Doc. Not hard for any reasonable person to see what you were doing by repeatedly harping on how close the Suns' arena is to Kawhi's home in San Diego.

Face it, every time you derail a game thread like this by trying to play Fandom Police, you're throwing rocks from a glass house.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#86 » by Max Headrom » Sun Dec 5, 2021 8:54 pm

The kings hadn't played since they played the Clippers earlier this week and the Clippers had to play them on a back to back. Some of these losses are due to this insane schedule. The team is already injured and now tired as hell. Can't wait until the new arena is finished.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,486

Post#87 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:27 pm

It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but when they reversed the call at the end of the game, Morris should have been shooting 2 free throws instead of a jump ball. That call made no sense to me.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#88 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 5, 2021 9:51 pm

Max Headrom wrote:The kings hadn't played since they played the Clippers earlier this week and the Clippers had to play them on a back to back. Some of these losses are due to this insane schedule. The team is already injured and now tired as hell. Can't wait until the new arena is finished.

5 games in 7 days. Much of it missing 1-3 starters. Another 5 in 7 at the end of December. And a 6 in 9 at the end of January. And another in March. Insane.

Read on Twitter
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,486

Post#89 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Dec 5, 2021 10:25 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:The kings hadn't played since they played the Clippers earlier this week and the Clippers had to play them on a back to back. Some of these losses are due to this insane schedule. The team is already injured and now tired as hell. Can't wait until the new arena is finished.

5 games in 7 days. Much of it missing 1-3 starters. Another 5 in 7 at the end of December. And a 6 in 9 at the end of January. And another in March. Insane.

Read on Twitter

with this type of schedule, I'd be happy if they can make it into the play in tournament
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#90 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:59 am

ouch

Read on Twitter
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#91 » by Max Headrom » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:12 am

esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's ridiculous
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#92 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 6, 2021 6:13 am

Max Headrom wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's ridiculous

Ridiculous, bro. The more I look at it, the worse it gets--
red = road game

The Grammy trip this year is 11 games in 19 days--10 of them on the road starting @SAS > Staples vs IND > back to @DEN--then fly cross-country to @Philly and 7 games in 11 DAYS all on the ROAD.

Then in March, a bizarre 7 games in 12 nights, all on the ROAD except when we come home twice for ONE game--THEN FLY BACK OUT AGAIN. That's even worse than staying on the road! And get this--when we finally get 3 days off for the ONLY TIME all year except for Christmas and the All-Star break--we're ON THE ROAD between Utah and Denver!

Well, hopefully that's when Kawhi gets back. A mini-training camp before the playoffs! Let's just survive until then--even if it means just making the play-in tournament.

Wild Cards have won the World Series and the Super Bowl too. If Kawhi makes it back, I fear NOBODY!
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,357

Post#93 » by nickhx2 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 6:25 am

let's also not forget the insane playoff schedule we had last year. even one extra day of rest would have been great for paul george and the rest of the team to recover.

the greed of the nba is palpable
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#94 » by esqtvd » Mon Dec 6, 2021 7:01 am

nickhx2 wrote:let's also not forget the insane playoff schedule we had last year. even one extra day of rest would have been great for paul george and the rest of the team to recover.

the greed of the nba is palpable

Good point but the players would not accept a pay cut for a reduced schedule either. They get paid whether they take the court or not. Greed vs Greed.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 939

Post#95 » by NickP » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:51 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Caught in a lie again. I was pointing out Kawhi's options when others were so smug he would not leave. But as usual I was correct lol--it was no sure thing.

Notice how I linked the threads so people could see the context of those posts. You were all over those threads crapping on every aspect of the team and not-so-subtly rooting for the worst case scenario post-Doc. Not hard for any reasonable person to see what you were doing by repeatedly harping on how close the Suns' arena is to Kawhi's home in San Diego.

Face it, every time you derail a game thread like this by trying to play Fandom Police, you're throwing rocks from a glass house.

Bro you're right in your posts and even I had disagreements and back and forth with Tom about Kawhi bolting.
But we need to let it go and understand that probably everything comes from being a fan of our team and getting frustrated with the team.
I'm sure we've all said things we wish we could take back.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,758

Post#96 » by KL2 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:45 pm

esqtvd wrote:ouch

Read on Twitter

We can complain about the FO, coach, schedule, role players, and so on, but it starts with PG and Jackson. They’re not only shooting poorly but making bad decisions with the ball. Whether it’s a forced shot or turnover. Until those two get their act together we’re going to continue to struggle.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,357

Post#97 » by nickhx2 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:53 pm

as much as i love reggie jackson, getting a real distributor in the starting lineup would take us to the next level.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 939

Post#98 » by NickP » Mon Dec 6, 2021 6:18 pm

nickhx2 wrote:as much as i love reggie jackson, getting a real distributor in the starting lineup would take us to the next level.

EXACTLY!
And this is one need we didn't address. The Bledsoe signing was just mind boggling.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,758

Post#99 » by KL2 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 7:24 pm

I think the Bledsoe signing was for a future trade. Who they could be targeting with that salary range I couldn’t guess. Even if they’re not actively looking now teams will be calling about that contract later.

They were also probably hoping he’d work out in the meantime.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,270

Post#100 » by Clemenza » Mon Dec 6, 2021 7:48 pm

I agree with everyone. Its time for us to have a true pg on the team. Enough is enough. Markelle Fultz, Kemba Walker maybe might become available hopefully

Return to Los Angeles Clippers