Game 26: Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Clippers: Dec 8 7:30 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,126

Re: Game 26: Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Clippers: Dec 8 7:30 PM PCT 

Post#81 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:31 am

Read on Twitter

I don't know what's more impressive: that Boston was already being scouted, or that he still had a game like this anyway.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#82 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:31 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Jeez. A win's a win, but I'm extremely frustrated with Reggie at this point. It's not even just that he's playing badly, it's how selfishly he's playing that's really grating.

He has a tendency to play hero ball entire his career. We managed to get contributions from him in a unique situation last year.

If Kawhi out he needs to play less in order to shoot less, If both Kawhi&PG out then he needs to play even less then that. Lue should take good notes from this game about Reggie. He's not the guy to replace stars, but just an X-factor. However Boston is the guy to replace one of our Star duo.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#83 » by Max Headrom » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:33 am

This was a fun game to be at. Especially sending these Celtic fans at the game and Laker fans at the game rooting for the Celtics home with an L without a single superstar available for the game for the Clippers
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#84 » by Goner » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:15 am

Max Headrom wrote:This was a fun game to be at. Especially sending these Celtic fans at the game and Laker fans at the game rooting for the Celtics home with an L without a single superstar available for the game for the Clippers

This is absolutely pathetic of them: going against their rich history out of their own personal inadequacy/insecurity.
edit: just the bolded part
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#85 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:09 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
He definitely has more to offer but right now the Clippers just need him to score. I'm at the game and he's been very active on defense, got a couple of steals, boxes out well and quietly does a lot of little things that don't show in the boxscore. Like I said, seeing him in person, the kid is really impressive

BB's seeing the whole floor but BOS is on a West Coast swing, a bit bleary-eyed after getting smoked by the Lakers and now in slow motion. Not to take anything away from BB. He crushing it, obviously the best player on the floor tonight.

Lighten up Francis :D

obviously the best player on the floor tonight

I was the FIRST ONE to call it tonight
always trust content from TVD

esqtvd wrote:GREAT CLIPPERS MOMENT:

BB takes it to the hole through Marcus Smart, a plus defender. Then gets T-ed up for taunting. :lol:

We've been waiting for an athletic kid to play this game without fear We have plenty of role players to cover up on D, many more than we had in the Jamal days.

Clips outscoring BOS 22-11 in the 2nd quarter. Make that 25-11!!

ADD: We lost every quarter except the 2nd. ;-)

Code: Select all

Final
1   2   3   4   T
BOS   28   23   27   33   111
LAC   24   39   24   27   114
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#86 » by TheNewEra » Thu Dec 9, 2021 9:23 am

Rest and repeat until next game
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#87 » by Max Headrom » Thu Dec 9, 2021 12:07 pm

Goner wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:This was a fun game to be at. Especially sending these Celtic fans at the game and Laker fans at the game rooting for the Celtics home with an L without a single superstar available for the game for the Clippers

This is absolutely pathetic of them: going against their rich history out of their own personal inadequacy/insecurity.
edit: just the bolded part

I was calling them losers all game and mocked both fan bases when the game was over because they were booing the Clippers really loud. It was ridiculous
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#88 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:12 am

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#89 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:39 am

Clemenza wrote:

Bro, my only Debbie Downer part was I wish Kennard or T-Mann had stepped up with 29 points. We're committed to them long-term at some $15M a year. They're both doing a lot of the "little things" to be useful rotation players but are NOT winning games single-handedly on the offensive end.

People forget that Lou and/or Trezz--and Jamal before them--used to win games for us that we would otherwise have lost--all the time. That's what BB did last night. That's 6th Man stuff.

Hell--Reggie should be our 6th man! Instead he's our 2nd man. That's all I was sayin', Mr. Clemenza. I'm BULLISH on BB--as I wrote 5 threads ago!!

esqtvd wrote:
    nickhx2 wrote:boston's trajectory as a player is going to be the most exciting, recurring storyline we'll have as fans for many years

Getting NBA rotation minutes for a contender before your 20th birthday is already an accomplishment. Not to dis him but T-Mann was 23 when he made his NBA debut. In garbage time.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers