ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 54:Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers: Feb 3 7:00 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Re: Game 54:Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers: Feb 3 7:00 PM PCT 

Post#61 » by nickhx2 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:44 am

i dunno if some of those buckets weren't unexpected, though. like, reggie just couldn't do anything to slow down monk and that's not a surprise. but really, davis had superstar impact and that's what put them back into the game.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#62 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:45 am

Charles going off on Westbrook on that final play, with good reason. Westbrook came over to double, but left a wide open hole for Reggie to spin move through to the basket. If he really doubles correctly, Reggie is cut off at the baseline and has to pass out.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#63 » by Clemenza » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:46 am

KL2 wrote:Jackson saved this game. I was chewing nails over Lue’s coaching. Or lack thereof. I know a win is a win but gosh it shouldn’t have come to that.

Well honestly he had to rest the starters and our bench has been huge during the long road trip but tonight but for some reason they played like dog sh*t. But still I'm starting to wish for a real point guard now. I don't like Bledsoe at point
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#64 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:47 am

Let’s not forget Marcus with ice in his veins on the prior 3. He had to bail the team out after Kennard passed up, but still didn’t rush and pump faked to get the clear shot.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,223

Post#65 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:51 am

What an ending wow wasnt expecting much tonight!
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#66 » by nickhx2 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:52 am

blaming coaching for the game being close is totally insane
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#67 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:54 am

nickhx2 wrote:i dunno if some of those buckets weren't unexpected, though. like, reggie just couldn't do anything to slow down monk and that's not a surprise. but really, davis had superstar impact and that's what put them back into the game.

It wasn't our defense or Davis that got them back into the game, it was our putrid offense that went through one of its typical long droughts at the worst possible time. This is where we desperately need a real point guard to run the offense, not whatever Bledsoe's doing.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#68 » by Captain Ballmer » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:57 am

madmaxmedia wrote:Let’s not forget Marcus with ice in his veins on the prior 3. He had to bail the team out after Kennard passed up, but still didn’t rush and pump faked to get the clear shot.

He tends to perform big time in big games rather than regular games. That's what i like about him most. I remember the early season game aganist lakers where he hit bank shot, a dagger three to the face of Davis. Sheeesh.

Solid Win.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#69 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Feb 4, 2022 6:00 am

madmaxmedia wrote:Let’s not forget Marcus with ice in his veins on the prior 3. He had to bail the team out after Kennard passed up, but still didn’t rush and pump faked to get the clear shot.

That was a huge shot for sure, and he deserves some credit too. But I'm still not happy about that tech he had earlier. That's the type of undisciplined stuff that can bite you in the ass in a close playoff game and it's why I don't trust him. :dontknow:
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#70 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Feb 4, 2022 6:06 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Rewatching Reggie's game-winner, I can't help but fixate on how he's literally skipping down the court for a few seconds before the shot, LOL.

I think he was pleading for Mann to set a screen so he could go at Reaves
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#71 » by Dynamix » Fri Feb 4, 2022 6:10 am

I'd be shocked if Reggie doesn't retire as a Clipper. Take some pressure off his shoulders, like Mook and Serge did tonight, and he can come up with crucial buckets. Also, his postgame interviews are always top tier.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,083

Post#72 » by LamarWho » Fri Feb 4, 2022 6:32 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i dunno if some of those buckets weren't unexpected, though. like, reggie just couldn't do anything to slow down monk and that's not a surprise. but really, davis had superstar impact and that's what put them back into the game.

It wasn't our defense or Davis that got them back into the game, it was our putrid offense that went through one of its typical long droughts at the worst possible time. This is where we desperately need a real point guard to run the offense, not whatever Bledsoe's doing.

We had 21 assists at the half. We finished the game with 29. Ball just stopped moving in the 2nd half. Bledsoe actually ran the offense pretty well in the first half. Second half was a completely different story. Our 2nd unit was a disaster in the 2nd half. Ibaka couldn't keep AD off the glass. Reggie and MMSr saved the day at the end.

In case you guy forgot, Lawler's law prevailed tonight.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#73 » by NickP » Fri Feb 4, 2022 7:02 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

This!!
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by NickP » Fri Feb 4, 2022 7:05 am

I know a win is a win but it should have never come to this. Lue rested the starters way too many minutes, and for what? Our next game is on Sunday. Head scratching.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#75 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 4, 2022 7:51 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Ugly win but a win and we needed it

Sometimes when we start hitting a bunch of 3’s and take a big lead, we get way too loose and complacent and start giving up easy buckets at the other end. I will take easy layups over even open 3’s (if I’m the other team.)

We couldn’t handle AD tonight though, he was their bread and butter.

The constant drives to the basket that were so easy all night made it perfect for a pass off bucket
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#76 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 4, 2022 7:52 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Rewatching Reggie's game-winner, I can't help but fixate on how he's literally skipping down the court for a few seconds before the shot, LOL.

I think he was pleading for Mann to set a screen so he could go at Reaves

Skipping Reggie always leads to something wild happening
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#77 » by Max Headrom » Fri Feb 4, 2022 10:02 am

Another thing from the game that was maddening/funny was Kevin Harlan trying to act like the Lakers have had it equal or worse than what the Clippers have had this year with injuries. No Kevin, the Lakers have had at least 2 of their stars all year, the Lakers just suck while the Clippers are finding ways to win with neither of their star players on the court...
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#78 » by NickP » Fri Feb 4, 2022 3:04 pm

Max Headrom wrote:Another thing from the game that was maddening/funny was Kevin Harlan trying to act like the Lakers have had it equal or worse than what the Clippers have had this year with injuries. No Kevin, the Lakers have had at least 2 of their stars all year, the Lakers just suck while the Clippers are finding ways to win with neither of their star players on the court...

I'm glad someone else caught this. Harlan was gassing up the Lakers and Westbrook so much that at one time I felt I was watching a Lakers' feed on NBA TV.:)

Return to Los Angeles Clippers