ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 56 : Los Angeles Clippers @ Memphis Grizzlies : Feb 8 8:00 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Re: Game 56 : Los Angeles Clippers @ Memphis Grizzlies : Feb 8 8:00 PM 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:00 am

ERClips wrote:I really like the new additions but they definitely have thrown the other guys out of sync badly. Only natural I think? Trying Mann as a point forward/offense setter looks really bad. He is out of his element in that position and doesn’t have the court vision or regular ability to create a good shot for himself. Not much else to say about anyone because they’ve sucked since the trade. If we make a trade I’d choose Morris/ibaka/Mann as the outgoing options.

I think the thing to remember is that Kawhi & PG are out and have been all season. We’ve been relying on role players to carry this team the whole way. It’s hard to even imagine our team at full strength anymore but if we had those two and the right combo of what we have & what we trade away the Clippers could be scary the way other top teams are. If only that will ever happen??

Good post. Ty is not selling out his guys and is giving them every opportunity find their way into the NEW rotation. But the pot is STIRRED. Sink or swim.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#42 » by Vae Victus » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:37 am

These losses honestly dont matter, as long as there's growth from every player that played.

As another poster said, these guys are probably mentally frazzled as they know that any of em can be shipped out by the deadline. Play well, means they upped their trade value and can possibly be shipped out. Play poorly and the team will look to replace you asap. I can see everyone start to settle after the deadline once those moves are done.

I really want the team to explore some PG options using RoCo or Ibaka's expirings. Would love to get someone like Brogdan or Lonzo, but realistically its the bargain bin section of Dimwiddies (who's worse than RJax imho) and Shroeder (cancer) types. With Powell on the roster, it makes Kennard more expendable as well.

Hard to see RoCo being re-signed with Morris at the 4. Hard to see Ibaka re-signed, due to his age.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#43 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:54 am

This Memphis team is very dangerous. They don't have to lose to anybody in the playoffs. Morant is completely unstoppable, JJJ is underrated at this point, Bane is very much improved, and Brooks is tough. Tremendous athleticism all over the court.They are also very confident. They would be underdogs against GSW or Phoenix, but I doubt either team is looking forward to playing them. Even when PG and Kawhi come back, I'm not sure I'd like the Clippers chances against them either. They don't have anybody that can slow down Morant.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#44 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:05 am

Vae Victus wrote:These losses honestly dont matter, as long as there's growth from every player that played.

As another poster said, these guys are probably mentally frazzled as they know that any of em can be shipped out by the deadline.

well whoever said that is fkn brilliant and obviously the best poster on this board :wink:
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#45 » by Clemenza » Wed Feb 9, 2022 8:20 am

Awful performance. No boxouts, no rebounds, and basically no defense at all. Its like were back to square one for the fifth or sixth time this season where Lue has to re-tinker to find a rotation and team chemistry. Mann at point is not going to work. Zu, Morris, and Reggie looked and played like they wanted no parts of this game whatsoever. Also maybe half the team is spooked as the trade deadline is near.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#46 » by nickhx2 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 2:19 pm

it's tough with reggie because when he's fully online, he's a hero. when he's not, he's, well, what you saw last night. but the thing with him is it's not really his fault he has flops of games, because he's a tertiary player now being asked to play a primary, starring role for the team. and annoyingly so, you kinda don't wanna move him because he plays so well with a fully healthy front-loaded team and EXCELS in that role.

morris, however, i think just needs to go. i could forgive whack nights like this on occasion if the rest of his game were up to par. but night in and night out i just see people flying in for easy rebounds, and his defense continues to slowly degrade. we just need too much help at the PF spot and covington seems like a clear upgrade as this point in time.

agree with others saying the new guys have put everything out of sync with the other guys like kennard/coffey. a consolidating trade can't come soon enough.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#47 » by NickP » Wed Feb 9, 2022 3:13 pm

When was the last time we actually beat the Grizzlies? We could suit up MJ and still lose to these guys.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#48 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Feb 9, 2022 8:45 pm

ERClips wrote:I really like the new additions but they definitely have thrown the other guys out of sync badly. Only natural I think? Trying Mann as a point forward/offense setter looks really bad. He is out of his element in that position and doesn’t have the court vision or regular ability to create a good shot for himself. Not much else to say about anyone because they’ve sucked since the trade. If we make a trade I’d choose Morris/ibaka/Mann as the outgoing options.

I think the thing to remember is that Kawhi & PG are out and have been all season. We’ve been relying on role players to carry this team the whole way. It’s hard to even imagine our team at full strength anymore but if we had those two and the right combo of what we have & what we trade away the Clippers could be scary the way other top teams are. If only that will ever happen??

I don't there's a single poster here who doesn't love the trade, but yeah disruption to chemistry is a thing here.

It looks bad because we are heading into this tough stretch just as we get the new guys, OTOH it would be worse if we lost a stretch of winnable games against lesser opponents. I was just hoping to get one of these next few games, and I think that can still easily happen if we have a good shooting night, etc.

After the all-star break is when we can/should string together some wins and make up ground in the standings.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#49 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 9, 2022 11:11 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:

I don't there's a single poster here who doesn't love the trade, but yeah disruption to chemistry is a thing here.

It looks bad because we are heading into this tough stretch just as we get the new guys, OTOH it would be worse if we lost a stretch of winnable games against lesser opponents. I was just hoping to get one of these next few games, and I think that can still easily happen if we have a good shooting night, etc.

After the all-star break is when we can/should string together some wins and make up ground in the standings.

Regardless, it's back to the drawing board. Hitting the ground running in 2022-23 is still the priority until we get better news on PG AND KL.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers