ImageImageImageImageImage

Ibaka to the Bucks in 4 team deal

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Re: Ibaka to the Bucks in 4 team deal 

Post#41 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:11 pm

Lawrence Frank said you can’t have enough wings. Lue said he wants to play more small ball.

Bembry was waived by the Nets to make room for the trade. Maybe instead of signing a pg we can add him too.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,175

Post#42 » by og15 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:55 pm

ejftw wrote:Kanter was just waived, and we know the only thing he does is rebound, so upon waiving Semi, I wouldn't be shocked if we snag him up

I would be quite shocked though :lol:
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#43 » by KL2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:26 am

It’s official. Full details.

Read on Twitter
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#44 » by ejftw » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:54 am

No, Michineau!!! He was supposed to be our French savior.

I actually did think Michi was going to be a solid backup point guard, fwiw. Sucks about the cash, limits how much we can spend on draft night, but, also, makes sense for the bucks.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#45 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:59 am

Class move by the Clips--if there are playoff minutes out there [and not here], it's a veteran's courtesy to get him there. When somebody signs with you of their own free will it's not right to hold them against their will.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#46 » by clipsfever » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:07 am

The final piece! Ninjas in the Night!
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#47 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:43 am

esqtvd wrote:Class move by the Clips--if there are playoff minutes out there [and not here], it's a veteran's courtesy to get him there. When somebody signs with you of their own free will it's not right to hold them against their will.

I agree. However, I think that Ibaka was still the Clippers best center when healthy as he could stretch the floor, protect the rim, and rebound semi-decently. If they are going nowhere in the playoffs though, they don't really have any use for him. However, they could use him next season but he wouldn't be under contract.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#48 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:45 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Class move by the Clips--if there are playoff minutes out there [and not here], it's a veteran's courtesy to get him there. When somebody signs with you of their own free will it's not right to hold them against their will.

I agree. However, I think that Ibaka was still the Clippers best center when healthy as he could stretch the floor, protect the rim, and rebound semi-decently. If they are going nowhere in the playoffs though, they don't really have any use for him. However, they could use him next season but he wouldn't be under contract.

I don't think Serge will be in the league next year. He has his ring and his millions and doesn't need to play for the minimum.

He might help the Bucks this year a little. But this was a mercy f**k ;-)
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#49 » by donemilio21 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:09 pm

Ibaka career trades:

JUN 24 2016 Traded to Orlando (ORL) from Oklahoma City (OKC) for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and Domantas Sabonis

FEB 14 2017 Traded to Toronto (TOR) from Orlando (ORL) for Terrence Ross and 2017 1st round pick [lottery protected]

FEB 10 2022 Traded to Milwaukee (MIL) from Los Angeles (LAC) for Rodney Hood and Semi Ojeleye
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#50 » by donemilio21 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:13 pm

donemilio21 wrote:Ibaka career trades:

JUN 24 2016 Traded to Orlando (ORL) from Oklahoma City (OKC) for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and Domantas Sabonis

FEB 14 2017 Traded to Toronto (TOR) from Orlando (ORL) for Terrence Ross and 2017 1st round pick [lottery protected]

FEB 10 2022 Traded to Milwaukee (MIL) from Los Angeles (LAC) for Rodney Hood and Semi Ojeleye

It's also amazing that OKC turned Ibaka and a FRP into SGA, 5 FRPs, 2 FR pick swaps and 3 2nd rounders in less than 4 years.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#51 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
ejftw
General Manager

Post#52 » by ejftw » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Overall ended up saving $10M in luxury when considering RoCo cost us about $20M.

Sending out the $3.3M, means we only have about $1.8M to buy a second, which I hope we do if Koloko is somehow available.
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#53 » by TucsonClip » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm

ejftw wrote:Sending out the $3.3M, means we only have about $1.8M to buy a second, which I hope we do if Koloko is somehow available.

My man is arguably the best defender in the country, but word is he isnt in a rush to bolt to the league. His offensive game is still nonexistent. Very mechanical in the post, not a good passer, not the best hands, needs to pack on weight in his lower body and become more explosive, wish he tried to dunk everything.

That said, dude is pretty athletic, will be able to switch onto guards if needed, and hes obviously an elite rim protector. Love that Lloyd is allowing him to switch more often than Miller did, and hes even closing games with him playing the 4. There was a stretch last week, against UCLA, where he locked down Tyger Campbell, Jules Bernard and Jaime Jaquez on three straight possessions.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
ejftw
General Manager

Post#54 » by ejftw » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:49 pm

TucsonClip wrote:
ejftw wrote:Sending out the $3.3M, means we only have about $1.8M to buy a second, which I hope we do if Koloko is somehow available.

My man is arguably the best defender in the country, but word is he isnt in a rush to bolt to the league. His offensive game is still nonexistent. Very mechanical in the post, not a good passer, not the best hands, needs to pack on weight in his lower body and become more explosive, wish he tried to dunk everything.

That said, dude is pretty athletic, will be able to switch onto guards if needed, and hes obviously an elite rim protector. Love that Lloyd is allowing him to switch more often than Miller did, and hes even closing games with him playing the 4. There was a stretch last week, against UCLA, where he locked down Tyger Campbell, Jules Bernard and Jaime Jaquez on three straight possessions.

I've been watching him since he transferred to Birmingham in his, I believe, sophomore year and knew then and there he would crack the big leagues due to his defensive IQ, at the least. Saw a scrimmage and he held his own against Big O.

If he can develop a DJ type presence on offense, where he sets great picks and finishes any oop, he will be an absolute steal.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#55 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 am

I'll put this here

damn

Read on Twitter
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#56 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:52 pm

I think he only suited up for 1 game, but he had a good one for the Bucks with 24 minutes.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#57 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:54 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I respect your opinion, but I think he was regarded by most as the 3rd best center on the team. I think it depends on what you think of his physical abilities, is he hampered by injuries, age, both, or mostly just age.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#58 » by esqtvd » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:44 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I respect your opinion, but I think he was regarded by most as the 3rd best center on the team. I think it depends on what you think of his physical abilities, is he hampered by injuries, age, both, or mostly just age.

why I question if serge will even be in the league next year. Can't play 80 games or even 50. Maybe he can make a last stand in Milwaukee and even add another ring. But on an opening day roster?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#59 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:25 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I see why he would be ranked like that in the regular season considering durability and reliability issues, but for any given game or series, he would be my first choice for the reasons I mentioned. Even this season he showed flashes of effectiveness in those areas.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#60 » by nickhx2 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:16 am

big time disagree, but he's gone so it's moot i think

Return to Los Angeles Clippers