Re: Game 68 : Washington Wizards @ Los Angeles Clippers : Mar 8 10:30 PM 

Post#21 » by nickhx2 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:56 am

what the heck bradley beal wearing
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#22 » by nickhx2 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:02 am

thank you, marcus morris, for making me not have to DISS your rebounding this game

but be aware i shall be watching for you in the next, assuming the forum police on this board don't catch me first
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#23 » by LamarWho » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:10 am

Great team win! Hart, Kennard and Mann were key getting us back in the game finishing the 3rd. Reggie and MMSr carried the team throughout the game, Batum with the dagger.

The only player I was pissed about was Zu. Soft as a 1-ply Charmin out there, absolutely got annihilated by Gafford on both ends. Time for Ty Lue to slap him in the head and show his VHS dunking compilation.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#24 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:48 am

esqtvd wrote:Reggie keeps giving up the ball and all they do is brick it or throw it back to him lol

will somebody step up ffs??

thank you Nico

Read on Twitter

but the credit really has to go to our MVP for another W

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#25 » by Dynamix » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:33 am

People really need to stop freaking out after a few losses. These are all role players trying their best, if they could be more consistent they'd be stars. There's zero room for error without our 3 main guys, and most of the pressure is on Reggie. There's no option for him to say "I'm not really feeling it tonight, I'll let someone else do the heavy lifting". He's either hot and we win, or he's cold and we lose, it's that simple.

Just enjoy every win and hope we take care of business in the play-in. Anything beyond that would be remarcable.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#26 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:16 pm

Dynamix wrote:People really need to stop freaking out after a few losses. These are all role players trying their best, if they could be more consistent they'd be stars. There's zero room for error without our 3 main guys, and most of the pressure is on Reggie. There's no option for him to say "I'm not really feeling it tonight, I'll let someone else do the heavy lifting". He's either hot and we win, or he's cold and we lose, it's that simple.

Just enjoy every win and hope we take care of business in the play-in. Anything beyond that would be remarcable.

Losing is one thing. What happened against the Knicks and Warriors was inexcusable, though. They didn't even put the slightest bit of effort into those games and looked like they wouldn't be able to score against a pick-up team at the Y.

Everyone knows our Big Three is out, but Lue and the players haven't used that as an excuse all season, so we shouldn't either. The players we currently have are better than how they've been playing basically since the All-Star break.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,179

Post#27 » by og15 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:02 pm

Great win. Offensive impact consistency is what separates the stars from the above average players.

Sadly sometimes you suck, glad they didn't suck again last night.

Our favorite whipping boy Marcus Morris even escapes for the night, that's always a good night when he can escape.

Dynamix wrote:People really need to stop freaking out after a few losses. These are all role players trying their best, if they could be more consistent they'd be stars. There's zero room for error without our 3 main guys, and most of the pressure is on Reggie. There's no option for him to say "I'm not really feeling it tonight, I'll let someone else do the heavy lifting". He's either hot and we win, or he's cold and we lose, it's that simple.

When you exceed expectations, then people start to expect that level of play as the baseline performance. Same thing happens in relationships, in work places, etc.

The Clippers players have been playing above their expectations, so people forget that it's still just a collection of mainly role players and forget to put some performances in perspective. Which is to say that once in a while, they will play like a group of role players without any star to save them on tough nights.

The reality is that they will have nights where their two "fake" primary scorers are off and no one else can make it up, and while you can try, you're not going to contain the opposition every night, just doesn't work that way. It's part of the struggle.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#28 » by KL2 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:08 pm

Pleasant surprise to wake up to. Fell asleep at the end of the 3rd.

Next 9 games are mostly tough. 6 on the road too.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#29 » by nickhx2 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:55 pm

og15 wrote:Great win. Offensive impact consistency is what separates the stars from the above average players.

Sadly sometimes you suck, glad they didn't suck again last night.

Our favorite whipping boy Marcus Morris even escapes for the night, that's always a good night when he can escape.

When you exceed expectations, then people start to expect that level of play as the baseline performance. Same thing happens in relationships, in work places, etc.

The Clippers players have been playing above their expectations, so people forget that it's still just a collection of mainly role players and forget to put some performances in perspective. Which is to say that once in a while, they will play like a group of role players without any star to save them on tough nights.

The reality is that they will have nights where their two "fake" primary scorers are off and no one else can make it up, and while you can try, you're not going to contain the opposition every night, just doesn't work that way. It's part of the struggle.

yeah, i'll always mega-eyeroll at the people losing their minds over some of the losses over the course of this season. rotation players become stars when they provide strong, winning impact on most nights, or are not hurting you too much on their nights off. reggie is not a true PG and he isn't a distributor or much of a defender, so ya the team is gonna fall apart when he's off. morris doesn't do much but score so he's not very good when he's not hitting shots. luke sometimes decides he likes to shoot and sometimes is scared. mann sometimes plays like a force, and other times he plays with no purpose. none of these guys are stars, and expecting this collection of players to feast on bad teams is insane.

also i want marcus morris to know it takes very little to escape my forum wrath and ire. i'll be WATCHING for you next game, though
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#30 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:15 pm

Just enjoy every win and hope we take care of business in the play-in. Anything beyond that would be remarkable.

Exactly. Kawhi wouldn't even come to the Clippers unless we traded half the farm for a running buddy/1a in the form of a Paul George.

Reggie is out there every night without any cover. Other guys can have big games sometimes but very seldom do we get a win without Reggie at the middle of it.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#31 » by NickP » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:55 am

LamarWho wrote:Great team win! Hart, Kennard and Mann were key getting us back in the game finishing the 3rd. Reggie and MMSr carried the team throughout the game, Batum with the dagger.

The only player I was pissed about was Zu. Soft as a 1-ply Charmin out there, absolutely got annihilated by Gafford on both ends. Time for Ty Lue to slap him in the head and show his VHS dunking compilation.

Lol @ soft as 1 ply Charmin.:)
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#32 » by Kelphus » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:13 am

NickP I agree with you. Zu missed so many shots within a couple feet of a dunk. Hartenstein also missed a couple floaters that left me scratching my head.

But the defense seemed to really gel in the 4th and there were two separate times we made three consecutive threes to pick up 9 points on the Wizards.

Morris and Jackson really carried the team.

Anybody know why Covington got no minutes?

Apparently the plan was when Reggie shot his free throws the crowd was to chant "Reggie Reggie" and then they were going to throw these peanut butter and jelly snacks into the crowd... well Reggie didn't shoot his first free throws until VERY late in the 4th! So they just threw hundreds of these little snack backs into the crowd... we were sitting too high to be within throwing range.

Was great to be at a night game - sad to see so many open seats in lower bowl.

Funniest thing of the night was this poor gal who got on the court at timeout to roll 5 small basketballs into "skeeball" setup. She couldn't figure out (or was so completely uncoordinated) that she couldn't roll a single of the 5 balls fast enough to get them up the ramp, let alone to get some air and have a chance to go into one of the large cylinders (each with a monetary prize amount).

Reminds me of the folks who would try the 3d quarter half court shot and couldn't even get the ball to the free throw line.

Anyway, fun game, neither team ever got more than ten points ahead.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#33 » by esqtvd » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:11 am

Kelphus wrote:Anybody know why Covington got no minutes?

Read on Twitter
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#34 » by donemilio21 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:18 pm

after the win and Lakers, Spurs, Portland and Pelicans all losing it seems to almost a sure thing we will have the 8th seed and have a play-in game. Last week that would have been surely Minnesota, and I wouldn't have thought it to a big deal, but now it could very well be Nuggets or Mavs too, and Minnesota is 14-4 since January 30th. :o
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#35 » by ejftw » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:00 pm

donemilio21 wrote:after the win and Lakers, Spurs, Portland and Pelicans all losing it seems to almost a sure thing we will have the 8th seed and have a play-in game. Last week that would have been surely Minnesota, and I wouldn't have thought it to a big deal, but now it could very well be Nuggets or Mavs too, and Minnesota is 14-4 since January 30th. :o

Last week, I had the slightest of hopes we might climb to 6th, and thought we had a legit shot at #7 and hosting the initial play in.

Now, I've accepted we will be 8th and on the road for the first, and, hopefully, only play in game.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#36 » by nickhx2 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:34 pm

same

Return to Los Angeles Clippers