Game 74 : Los Angeles Clippers @ Denver Nuggets : Mar 22 10:00 PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Re: Game 74 : Los Angeles Clippers @ Denver Nuggets : Mar 22 10:00 PM 

Post#2 » by KL2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:10 am

Wish they’d go into Zu more. That’s been successful.

Any bets on the updates we get from Chris Haynes tonight?

lol

PG progressing in the right direction.

Powell itching to get back. The belief is he’ll return before the end of the regular season.

No decision has been made if Leonard will play or not.

I can’t wait until next season. This one has been worse than the bubble.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#3 » by TheNewEra » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:32 am

Clippers depth just can’t sustain itself to fight back if we start slow. Down under five then boom double digits
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#4 » by TheNewEra » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:14 am

Team has to be mentally and physically exhausted
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#5 » by KL2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:25 am

TheNewEra wrote:Team has to be mentally and physically exhausted

I’m sure they are. Let’s hope the team is being more up front/honest with them about whether reinforcements are coming or not.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#6 » by esqtvd » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:04 am

KL2 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Team has to be mentally and physically exhausted

I’m sure they are. Let’s hope the team is being more up front/honest with them about whether reinforcements are coming or not.

Norman--yes
PG--probably
Kawhi-- :dontknow:

https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-news-la-gets-major-injury-updates-on-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-norman-powell/
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#7 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:42 am

Nuggets are not a great 3 point shooting team but hit one big 3 after another- seems to happen very often for clippers opponents.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the clippers lost all the rest of their games and fell out of the 8 spot. They either have terrible games and lose or play well and lose as teams almost never have a cold shooting night against them
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#8 » by NickP » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:13 pm

Meh. Playin seems set. Let's preserve until then.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#9 » by Max Headrom » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:15 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Nuggets are not a great 3 point shooting team but hit one big 3 after another- seems to happen very often for clippers opponents.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the clippers lost all the rest of their games and fell out of the 8 spot. They either have terrible games and lose or play well and lose as teams almost never have a cold shooting night against them

Damn near mathematically impossible for them to fall out of 8. But the most interesting thing from last night was Mann saying "we got guys coming back" :nod: :nod:
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#10 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:20 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Nuggets are not a great 3 point shooting team but hit one big 3 after another- seems to happen very often for clippers opponents.

Damn near mathematically impossible for them to fall out of 8. But the most interesting thing from last night was Mann saying "we got guys coming back" :nod: :nod:

That is interesting and hopefully true (Mann's comment).

I know it is unlikely to fall out of the 8 spot, but not impossible- if the Clippers lose all of their games (in my opinion, the only games in which they should be favored are vs the Thunder and Kings), the Lakers could catch them by going on a decent win streak. I hope it doesn't happen, but it isn't completely outlandish.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#11 » by Max Headrom » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:27 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

I know it is unlikely to fall out of the 8 spot, but not impossible- if the Clippers lose all of their games (in my opinion, the only games in which they should be favored are vs the Thunder and Kings), the Lakers could catch them by going on a decent win streak. I hope it doesn't happen, but it isn't completely outlandish.

Lakers are not a good team and haven't gone on a run at any point in this season. Wouldn't worry about them...lol
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by NickP » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Mathematically the Lakers might end up with a better record. But it'd be hard for us not to make the play in as a 10th seed. Unless we lose all our games and the kings take that spot.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#13 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:28 pm

NickP wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Mathematically the Lakers might end up with a better record. But it'd be hard for us not to make the play in as a 10th seed. Unless we lose all our games and the kings take that spot.

I agree, they are almost guaranteed to make the play in, but the 8th seed is not guaranteed. Hopefully the Lakers continue to be inconsistent and fail to go on a long winning streak
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by NickP » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:48 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
NickP wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:That is interesting and hopefully true (Mann's comment).

I agree, they are almost guaranteed to make the play in, but the 8th seed is not guaranteed. Hopefully the Lakers continue to be inconsistent and fail to go on a long winning streak

As a ninth or tenth seed we're in the danger of one and done. Otherwise we get two shots. Hope I'm right.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#15 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:00 pm

If we were to lose all remaining games, Lakers need to go 6-4 to pass us. Lebron out tonight vs. Sixers, so let's just call it 6-3.

Their only 'gimme'-ish game is OKC. It's possible they go 6-3, but I don't really consider it plausible.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#16 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:07 am

madmaxmedia wrote:If we were to lose all remaining games, Lakers need to go 6-4 to pass us. Lebron out tonight vs. Sixers, so let's just call it 6-3.

Their only 'gimme'-ish game is OKC. It's possible they go 6-3, but I don't really consider it plausible.

Hopefully if it comes to that, the Clippers will put maximum effort into their final games against SAC and OKC- having to win 1 play in game is possible, but 2 is unlikely, so the 8th seed is very important.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers