Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,026

Re: Game 76 Utah Jazz @ Los Angeles Clippers : Mar 29 10:00 PM 

Post#81 » by og15 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:46 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
That team and its fan base talk an awful lot like they've actually accomplished something... Probably my most hated team right now

On the contrary... most Phoenix fans on here have said a healthy Clippers team worries us the most, and I agree.

A healthy Clippers team for me is better than both Memphis and Golden State.

I think the reason most Suns fans hate the Clippers is for 2 reasons - Pat Beverley and Marcus Morris.

I am confident in that I think the Suns would beat a Kawhi-less Clippers team in Round 1, but it would be potentially their toughest series in the playoffs. I think if Kawhi comes back its a 7 game series, with the winner having the track to the NBA Finals.

You've actually been a really great, sensible fan but a lot of Suns fans on this board and Twitter have become like mini Laker fans.
We got lucky that Clipsfan became OKCfan, because he was dominating the perception of Clippers fans for a little while.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#82 » by nickhx2 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:51 pm

yeah actually a little painful that people began to associate other clipper fans with his super cringe lol
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#83 » by og15 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:57 pm

Oh man, nothing against the man, but because he posted so much and has the tendency to get too excited and go overboard with player and team projections and comparisons (eg: Shamet becoming the new splash brother), people basically started to conclude this was what all Clippers fans believe.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#84 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:51 am

og15 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
pj0tr wrote:
On the contrary... most Phoenix fans on here have said a healthy Clippers team worries us the most, and I agree.

I think the reason most Suns fans hate the Clippers is for 2 reasons - Pat Beverley and Marcus Morris.

I am confident in that I think the Suns would beat a Kawhi-less Clippers team in Round 1, but it would be potentially their toughest series in the playoffs. I think if Kawhi comes back its a 7 game series, with the winner having the track to the NBA Finals.

You've actually been a really great, sensible fan but a lot of Suns fans on this board and Twitter have become like mini Laker fans.
We got lucky that Clipsfan became OKCfan, because he was dominating the perception of Clippers fans for a little while.

However, nobody is falling for that charade that he is now an OKC fan- he still seems to always post about the Clippers
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#85 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:48 am

Max Headrom wrote:You've actually been a really great, sensible fan but a lot of Suns fans on this board and Twitter have become like mini Laker fans.

What I personally love is how they spent the entire playoffs and offseason last year lecturing everyone on how injuries are just "part of the game" and should never be talked about, but then when the Suns lost to Milwaukee earlier this month, they blamed it on injuries. So we can't point out that they had the luckiest Mickey Mouse Finals run ever last year by playing three straight depleted MASH units and then losing to the first healthy team they faced all playoffs, but they can blame any loss on CP3 being out. Funny how that works.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#86 » by og15 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:03 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:You've actually been a really great, sensible fan but a lot of Suns fans on this board and Twitter have become like mini Laker fans.

What I personally love is how they spent the entire playoffs and offseason last year lecturing everyone on how injuries are just "part of the game" and should never be talked about, but then when the Suns lost to Milwaukee earlier this month, they blamed it on injuries. So we can't point out that they had the luckiest Mickey Mouse Finals run ever last year by playing three straight depleted MASH units and then losing to the first healthy team they faced all playoffs, but they can blame any loss on CP3 being out. Funny how that works.

Were people expecting the Suns without Paul and Booker to beat the Bucks at home? I don't see why any Suns fans felt the need to be defending the loss as if it means anything.

It's like any current fan base gloating about beating the Clippers the past few months without Kawhi and George, not sure why I'd waste my time arguing with them that Kawhi and George were injured.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,881

Post#87 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:08 am

esqtvd wrote:3-17 FGs to start lol

putting the ball in the hole is way underrated ;-)

ADD: 4-18 ;-)

Reggie to the rescue

hey, we can do :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: this

toldja :nod:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,194

Post#88 » by Clemenza » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:16 pm

og15 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
pj0tr wrote:

I knew something was off about the guy when he would never come over to this actual Clipper board to contribute. I told him to at least come over for the gameday threads but he refused. Now the OKC shtick isn't working out and he's still a low key Clipper fan. Go figure
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#89 » by nickhx2 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:16 pm

off doesn't begin to describe it

better super cringe, though, than super scum, which is how i would describe many other posters
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,831

Post#90 » by ejftw » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:13 pm

Clemenza wrote:
og15 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

I knew something was off about the guy when he would never come over to this actual Clipper board to contribute. I told him to at least come over for the gameday threads but he refused. Now the OKC shtick isn't working out and he's still a low key Clipper fan. Go figure

If you thought he was bad/annoying here, you should've seen him over at Inside hoops, which has virtually no moderation.

Was about 700 times worse, and that's being conservative
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#91 » by nickhx2 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:39 pm

yikes

btw i retract what i said about super cringe over super scum because that implies said poster did not say super scummy things. posting anti-vaxxer minsinformation on a board with a gigantic pool of users is pretty bad. anyway, this is super off tangent at this point and i think i've said my piece so i'll do my best to talk about more relevant things

SORRY, MODS

Return to Los Angeles Clippers