Re: Game#81 Portland @ Los Angeles 4/08 1:00pm 

Post#22 » by NickP » Sat Apr 8, 2023 11:49 pm

^^ So you went hungry? ^^
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#23 » by ejftw » Sun Apr 9, 2023 12:16 am

Scoundreldays wrote:Nice turn around, was really worried there. So does this lock us into 5th?

All but. Think Tomer and Justin tweeted out a chart where there's about 16 ways we get 5th, 3 we get 6th and 3 we get 7th.

But with Monty resting everyone tomorrow, a win pencils is at 5th
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#24 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 9, 2023 1:17 am

NickP wrote:^^ So you went hungry? ^^

Had a ball. Mann had another nothing game statwise [6/2/2 with a steal and THREE turnovers] but was a healthy plus+6 and contributed to the win.

Did you enjoy the game too, Nick? You didn't say much about it. In some perverse way, some people seem happiest and most talkative when the Clippers are losing. Isn't that weird?

This is supposed to be fun. :kissmybutt:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#25 » by NickP » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:03 am

esqtvd wrote:

Had a ball. Mann had another nothing game statwise [6/2/2 with a steal and THREE turnovers] but was a healthy plus+6 and contributed to the win.

Did you enjoy the game too, Nick? You didn't say much about it. In some perverse way, some people seem happiest and most talkative when the Clippers are losing. Isn't that weird?

Definitely enjoyed the game. Why wouldn't I?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#26 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:18 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Definitely enjoyed the game. Why wouldn't I?

Because you said nothing of substance about it, just a puzzling non sequitur. I wondered if you saw it at all.

It's very good to hear that you did see it and you enjoyed it, Nick! This is supposed to be fun, not whining every time the Clippers fall behind by 10 and calling for dismantling the roster and blaming everyone who had a hand in constructing it.

Can you imagine being a lazy whining biotch ruining EVERY game thread with garbage like this? Before HALFTIME? In a key game we won???

Maybe he should get an actual GM who values young talent instead of putting coaches in charge of the front office who only want old veterans. While he's at it, maybe get a real coach who takes every game seriously.

Crazy to me that people are actually hoping to draw the Kings in the first round. We get run out of the gym by any young fast team, even blatantly tanking ones like Portland. The Kings would sweep our asses.

Isn't that pathetic? GAME AFTER GAME the same shtt OVER AND OVER. That's why I asked if you enjoyed the game when you called me out about the vultures. We know who they are. Let's be honest.

WE WON THE DAMN GAME.

I make a title win about 2%. 10% tops. I don't know if you're one of them or not, but in the end the vultures always eat, Nick. Just not today.

There's plenty of time for fingerpointing and scapegoating in the offseason--which may come MUCH sooner than we'd like. But I'm not looking forward to it. Some people are. They're getting started early. Like today.

Don't be one of them, Nick. The end will come soon enough, and if it doesn't, let's don't ruin the ride?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,477

Post#27 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 9, 2023 4:26 am

Blazers seem to have a waved the white flag a few months ago. I thought they would make the playoffs after seeing them dominate the first month of season but I was wrong.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#28 » by Kelphus » Sun Apr 9, 2023 6:26 pm

Finally got to a game this season and it was wonderful to be there. I actually got seats almost directly next to my old seats that I had for so many years. The team looked great and with Paul George who knows what these guys are capable of.

There are some posters on this board that just seem unable to believe in the team. I thought that is what a fan does. Anyway, it was wonderful to be there and I am excited about the playoffs.

I rarely post on this board because I am so sick of the uninformed critiques by people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about. If you’re going to criticize the coach, be specific, if you’re going to criticize the front office be specific. Or just shut up. Maybe it makes you feel important, but it repels many of us who would rather have legitimate basketball conversation and enjoy the board and root for our team.

Go Clippers!
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#29 » by Kelphus » Sun Apr 9, 2023 6:27 pm

One more thing. I loved what Russell Westbrook brought to the table. I don’t know why the Lakers were so unable to use him to benefit, but he seems like a great fit and he contributed powerfully yesterday. Get
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#30 » by nickhx2 » Sun Apr 9, 2023 6:53 pm

a lot of irony here about someone using 90 percent of their posts to either complain about other posters, obsess about the Lakers, and otherwise attempt to manipulate discussion in the direction that they want to talk about rather than what others deem relevant: in the end only to complain about others not being pro clipper enough

Return to Los Angeles Clippers