ImageImageImageImageImage

FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Clippers vs Suns

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Xepa777
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,743

Re: FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Clippers vs Suns 

Post#41 » by Xepa777 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:49 pm

The Clippers will win. This is where their supreme depth comes in to fill even a PG-sized hole. And the rest of the team will have more clearly defined roles. People are just giving lazy analysis "Suns have home court and KD, Clips no PG, therefore Suns will win." Basic, basic stuff.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#42 » by nickhx2 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:17 pm

nobody really knows when it comes to a ligament sprain. it's possible he's out for the rest of the season but it's also possible he just gets back to speed sooner, as well.

proper rehab every day is necessary, and i'm sure he's doing it. but it's just the kind of thing that resolves itself when it feels like it.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Win Without Him 

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:00 pm

Cyclips wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:Looks like George is out for the whole 1st round. Only way they can get him back: defeat Suns.

I personally think it's likely that he's out for the year even if we get to the WCF.

or not

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Placed spoiler due to language in tweet - og15
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#44 » by playaloc916 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:47 pm

esqtvd wrote:Nico is the best teammate anyone could ever ask for.

Read on Twitter

I love how he props up his guys. He had that great comment about Mann a few years ago, about how we've only seen 10% of what he can do. He's been defending Russ in a great way. An amazing locker room guy for sure.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#45 » by Dynamix » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:16 am

PG is probably hoping/trying to return during this series, but the team won't risk rushing him unless absolutely necessary. I don't think it's all smoke and mirrors like with Kawhi, feels different this time.

In a perfect world, we could be tied at 2-2 without him, get two more days of rest, and take it from there. Maybe if we go down 2-3, he pushes for that last home game.

In the worst case scenario, if we find ourselves down 0-3, then bringing him back just to avoid a sweep would be pointless. Even at 1-3 it wouldn't make much sense.

So let's just hope we can get one of these first two games, to make things interesting.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#46 » by clipperlover » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:26 pm

Game 3 will be earliest PG comes back. They aren't going to have him travel for 1 and 2. Game 3 puts him at over a month. He can get almost an additonal week of recovery.

With Norm and Russ stepping up on the offensive end, PG is needed most on the defensive side. A playoff series is all about making adjustments. Forcing the Suns to adjust mid series to a key player works to our advantage.

When PG does come back, I doubt he comes in as a starter. He comes off bench games 3 and 4 and then starts Game 5, if necessary. Suns still have to adjust accordingly.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:14 pm

Dynamix wrote:PG is probably hoping/trying to return during this series, but the team won't risk rushing him unless absolutely necessary. I don't think it's all smoke and mirrors like with Kawhi, feels different this time.

In a perfect world, we could be tied at 2-2 without him, get two more days of rest, and take it from there. Maybe if we go down 2-3, he pushes for that last home game.

In the worst case scenario, if we find ourselves down 0-3, then bringing him back just to avoid a sweep would be pointless. Even at 1-3 it wouldn't make much sense.

So let's just hope we can get one of these first two games, to make things interesting.

I was hoping for a Game 3 appearance, or maybe 4 if we split the first two. But the phrasing of his tweet IMO reads more that if we can get to the second round--"take care of business" and be done a few days early--he might be ready then.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers