Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Re: ROUND 1, GAME #3 SUNS @ Clippers—THURS 7:30 PM NBA-TV/Bally 

Post#141 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
We pull this to 2-2 and it is a best of 3 series. Now, Lue knows that he can throw even more at Phoenix with this 5 guard line-up in stretches. Durant, Chris Paul and Ayton were gassed. As a bonus, PG will likely be back by Tuesday, but Clips won't announce until Tuesday aftenoon.

this is the playoffs- Kawhi and PG should both play on Saturday unless they really can't move properly.

They can recover in the off-season- these games are too critical.

What is the point of "protecting the investment" if they aren't even allowed to play when it matters?

The Kawhi-PG Era simply has not been enjoyable for more than a few scattered weeks at a time. I can't believe we're looking at YEAR FIVE for Kawhi and PG next year. It's all a blur. Always under a cloud. In fact, it's not really an "era" at all like Lob City was. The Kawhi-PG Era is just a series of pickup games.

Another new lineup, and yet another pickup team again tonight. All props to them and to Ty for finding SOMETHING that worked at the end there to make a game of it.

BTW, KL is listed "day-to-day," and I'd think PG won't appear until we're facing elimination, if at all. We're staring at yet another lost season. It's like the Kawhi-PG Era never even really started.

You are right this era has not been fun. This era has been like an ex giving you hope, thinking foolishly this time will be different and she sends your hopes crashing and burning everytime.
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#142 » by jengmann3 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:45 pm

Idk the conference finals run was fun until it wasn't. The first year was kinda weird vibes but not that bad as a fan. Last two have been a little rough. Nevertheless this is my own rant. But I grew up in 90s and 00s. Like Stockton and Malone, that was like 10 plus years together before making a finals. Dirk had 13 years before winning. I hate Kemp and Payton split up. Same with KD and Russ. I hate that 4 years is such a referendum, especially cuz of all the health issues. I was thinning often times teams do get humiliated, embarrassed, a couple times before getting over the hump.
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#143 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:06 pm

Suns fan coming in peace to say how impressive the Clips and Ty Lue continually are whenever we play them. Other than Booker and some continued great play from Craig I thought we got outplayed and probably didn't deserve the win (though I'll still obviously take it). This Clips era will be one of the great what-ifs. Hard to imagine them not having at least one title by now if Kawhi and PG could both stay healthy. Lue has them playing hard and smart all the time and FO (Logo has gotta be the GOAT FO executive unless you want to give it to Auerbach) always has the team stocked with great role players. Even Russ is inexplicably playing (mostly) great ball.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#144 » by clipperlover » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:35 pm

The killer part of last night was the first 5 minutes of the 3rd. Not only did the Suns get into an early bonus, but every one of the first 4 fouls were shooting fouls. So, Suns racked up 7 Pts on 8 FT attempts before we drew a single foul. getting fouls called against you is one thing. Shooting fouls before the bonus are just killer.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#145 » by LamarWho » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:29 pm

Torrey Craig has been the difference maker for them. Booker is scoring like Luka/Donovan Mitchell back in 2021 post season against us. KD and Ayton are having an OK series so far. KD and Booker will get theirs, but I wasn't expecting Craig to be this consistent so far. Stats wise he's filling in nicely for Mikal Bridges.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#146 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Not even bagging on Kawhi but it's just not fair to the team or coach to never know what or how to prepare for the next game. You just can't build a winning culture or system. How can you have successful role players when they don't even know what their role IS?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#147 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:42 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

The ex is such a tease!!
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,408

Post#148 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:04 pm

LamarWho wrote:Torrey Craig has been the difference maker for them. Booker is scoring like Luka/Donovan Mitchell back in 2021 post season against us. KD and Ayton are having an OK series so far. KD and Booker will get theirs, but I wasn't expecting Craig to be this consistent so far. Stats wise he's filling in nicely for Mikal Bridges.

it is getting tiresome that Craig keeps pulling his game 6 Josh Smith and Corey Brewer imitation!

Meanwhile, Batum has gone ice cold
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#149 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:12 pm

jengmann3 wrote:Idk the conference finals run was fun until it wasn't. The first year was kinda weird vibes but not that bad as a fan. Last two have been a little rough. Nevertheless this is my own rant. But I grew up in 90s and 00s. Like Stockton and Malone, that was like 10 plus years together before making a finals. Dirk had 13 years before winning. I hate Kemp and Payton split up. Same with KD and Russ. I hate that 4 years is such a referendum, especially cuz of all the health issues. I was thinning often times teams do get humiliated, embarrassed, a couple times before getting over the hump.

We're not even getting humiliated or embarrassed (outside of the bubble). This team just physically cannot play together when it matters. Each new year of aging and mileage will make the problem worse.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#150 » by clipperlover » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:40 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not even bagging on Kawhi but it's just not fair to the team or coach to never know what or how to prepare for the next game. You just can't build a winning culture or system. How can you have successful role players when they don't even know what their role IS?

Lue has something in his bag of tricks. He has been dealing with this for multiple years. If Kawhi can't go, I wouldn't be surprised if PG makes an appearance. Unless they are afraid he will tear his ligament, he has to be able to give us more than Batum or Morris. Lue is game planning for all possibilities, Monty and his crew also has to do the same. Their starters have logged a lot more minutes this week than ours.

Clips have played 12 games this season that started at 1PM or earlier local time (7-5). They had to do the Saturday, Sunday matinee back to back to closeout the season. Phoenix has only played 3 (1-2) all season. Durant has only played in 1 game all season with that early of a start.

I like our chances in Game 4 with or without Kawhi and PG.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#151 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:20 pm

clipperlover wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lue has something in his bag of tricks. He has been dealing with this for multiple years. If Kawhi can't go, I wouldn't be surprised if PG makes an appearance. Unless they are afraid he will tear his ligament, he has to be able to give us more than Batum or Morris. Lue is game planning for all possibilities, Monty and his crew also has to do the same. Their starters have logged a lot more minutes this week than ours.

Clips have played 12 games this season that started at 1PM or earlier local time (7-5). They had to do the Saturday, Sunday matinee back to back to closeout the season. Phoenix has only played 3 (1-2) all season. Durant has only played in 1 game all season with that early of a start.

I like our chances in Game 4 with or without Kawhi and PG.

Yah, I'm not giving up either, mind you. We have to come at them in waves. Almost caught their tired asses with the 5-guard attack. Go as hard as you can as long as you can.

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#152 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:12 am

We learn that he’s out for Game 4 just a few moments ago.

Big lol.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#153 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:20 am

And with that, the front office needs to blow it up this offseason. This is never going to work, and it's not worth sitting through any more wasted seasons like this.
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#154 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:25 am

Just say he's out for the series, tired of this teasing. One of the two needs to go this offseason, too injury prone. I can't keep taking these heartbreaks
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#155 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:36 am

Scoundreldays wrote:Just say he's out for the series, tired of this teasing. One of the two needs to go this offseason, too injury prone. I can't keep taking these heartbreaks

They both need to go. We will never win anything until we build around players who can actually play when it matters. Enough is enough.

Of course, knowing our luck, neither of them will ever miss a game again after we trade them. :banghead:
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,330

Post#156 » by The High Cyde » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:39 am

Yeah, it might be over for this core.

Best case scenario for right now, Clippers tie it up Saturday, PG and Kawhi come back Game 5, and you roll the dice.
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#157 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:41 am

The High Cyde wrote:Yeah, it might be over for this core.

Best case scenario for right now, Clippers tie it up Saturday, PG and Kawhi come back Game 5, and you roll the dice.

Agreed I think tomorrow's game will have huge repercussions for the teams future
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#158 » by Clemenza » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:47 am

Its official. Kawhi and PG are both out tomorrow. Honestly we have something to build off of with this hardworking type play we saw in game 3 going forward. Move one of the star players if not both, resign Russ, incorporate the youth in the rotation, and go from there. Love PG & Kawhi but we can't do another year of this. One more year at Staples/Crypto with this hard working bunch then have the hot fun loving team for the Intuit Dome opening season

Read on Twitter
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#159 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:49 am

Another thing: if Ballmer/FO hold off on doing what needs to be done this offseason because they're too worried about selling tickets at Intuit, they're nuts. The Clippers were 17th in attendance this year, worse than the Pistons and Magic. Nobody is buying tickets to watch Kawhi and PG warm the bench in a suit. When you have to hold your breath and check Twitter before every game to see who's playing, most fans eventually just stop going altogether and save their money. From both a basketball perspective and a business perspective, there's no point in running it back with this core anymore.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#160 » by ERClips » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:58 am

No sense in risking further injuries at this point anyway. So hopefully if neither requires surgery already their value will still be high throughout the league. Sure I’d like to see them play again this post season but a championship was never in the cards anyway.
But damn Kawhi in game 1 was amazing! Close in game 2 too. We can’t have nice things /:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers