ImageImageImageImageImage

ROUND 1, GAME #3 SUNS @ Clippers—THURS 7:30 PM NBA-TV/Bally

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Re: ROUND 1, GAME #3 SUNS @ Clippers—THURS 7:30 PM NBA-TV/Bally 

Post#181 » by Sofia » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:24 am

Light the fuse! Light the fuse! Light the fuse!
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#182 » by esqtvd » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:32 am

nickhx2 wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I like Giannis but Luka doesn't take care of his body, too ball dominate, and can't play with another star player. We gotta start developing youth.

Agreed on Luka and the push for developing youth. I forgot about Jaylen until you mentioned him above, he’d be a massive catch as well.

ok hear me out on this guys

i want ZION

THREAD WINNER

:rofl2:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#183 » by Dynamix » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:34 am

They say adversity builds character. Clippers fans have been blessed with a lot of it, some might even say too much.

With our luck, I wouldn't be shocked if we traded Kawhi and PG, they somehow manage to stay relatively healthy for the rest of their careers, and at least one of them ends up winning a chip with another team.

But I do still think there's a small chance Kawhi tries to play in G5, and PG either joins him then or waits for G6, if it gets to that.

Or maybe this is just me refusing to accept that we might've seen the last of both players in a Clippers uniform.

Oh, well, at least we have that shiny new arena to look forward to...
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,948

Post#184 » by Bobbymcgee » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:47 am

Yeah, this just isn't worth it anymore.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#185 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:59 pm

It was never worth it.

Kawhi was never the level of superstar that required this type of pursuit or getting the keys to this franchise.

Should have tanked for the pick.
Should have told him to Ess our Dee and we weren’t trading Shai.

Big lol at expecting the sports gods to award a 43-39 underachieving team with playoff success.

Worst era of non sucky basketball ever.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#186 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:55 am

Quake Griffin wrote:It was never worth it.

Kawhi was never the level of superstar that required this type of pursuit or getting the keys to this franchise.

Should have tanked for the pick.
Should have told him to Ess our Dee and we weren’t trading Shai.

Big lol at expecting the sports gods to award a 43-39 underachieving team with playoff success.

Worst era of non sucky basketball ever.

LOL. It wasn't even mediocre. We old time Clippers fans were fine with mediocre--anything over .500 was a great year. Then Lob City won 50 games a year FIVE years running.

"NON-SUCKY" is a great way to put it. It has been alternately great for a few weeks at a time but mostly painful. The non-KL/PG players deserve all the credit in the world. Role players without a role.

Norman Powell is either your 6th man, your 3rd or 4th option or your leading scorer, depending on whether KL and PG are front and center or MIA.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#187 » by Dynamix » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:39 am

We can talk about roster construction, coaching and injury-prone stars for days on end, but sometimes you just need some luck on your side.

I'm looking at the Bucks, one KD shoe size away from an embarrassing elimination. Coach Bud gets sacked, then who knows what their squad looks like moving forward. Even in the finals, Giannis might be a freak, but they still dodged a bullet with his injury. And of course he also stepped up big time even without being at 100%

And now this season, you can't ask much more from a team in the regular season, even while dealing with key players constantly going in and out of the rotation. They were locked in and got the top seed. Then Giannis goes down after an unfortunate play and now there's a real chance they might get bounced in the first round by an opponent that's been struggling for a long time, but were also a Jimmy Butler three away from knocking out the Celtics last season. Kyle Lowry looked washed for most of the year and is know an important contributor. Duncan Robinson was considered one of the worst contracts in the league until he had to come in instead of Herro. Is that Heat culture, Spoelstra, Riley, or do things just happen sometimes?

Kawhi might have his health issues, but PG getting hurt was just a random occurence. Maybe him being available would've meant less wear and tear on Kawhi and that knee doesn't swell up so fast. Who the hell even knows.

But it's not always just about luck, and this is why I'll never get over Doc. He might not be the only one to blame for those failures, but he simply did not make the most out of the few healthy seasons we did have. I'd give my left arm to go back in time and have Ty move up one spot on the bench right before the bubble.

Whatever, right now all I care about is for us to somehow win game 5. Crazier things have happened. If either Kawhi or PG could make a brief appearance, that would be pretty nice too.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#188 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Dynamix wrote:I'm looking at the Bucks, one KD shoe size away from an embarrassing elimination.

People say this like there wasn't still an entire overtime period after that where KD choked and disappeared (like he usually does when he's not riding the bus on a mega-stacked team and/or facing a depleted opponent without their best players). If that was a less coddled star like LeBron or Russ in KD's place, nobody would still be bringing up their shoe size years later. :dontknow:
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#189 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:24 pm

Correct.

KD is coddled because many in the media hate LeBron.
He choked and airballed in that OT IIRC.
They lost. No need to continue re-litigating shoe sizes and 3 point lines.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers