Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Re: ROUND 1, GAME #4 SUNS @ Clippers—12:30PM TNT/Bally 

Post#101 » by Scoundreldays » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:29 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
JB probably wants out of Boston and Kawhi hates cold weather cities. That's where I'd send him in a trade if I were an angry owner.

Morris/PG/ and one of our young guys for JB and

Zubac for any decent big.

Batum for some skittles.

Let EG walk.

resign Plumlee.

I think Gordon is under contract for 1 more season

Makes me sad how Batum has fallen off. I know it's due to age but man he was something else 2 years ago. I thought he would be our AL Horford.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#102 » by clipperlover » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:30 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
JB probably wants out of Boston and Kawhi hates cold weather cities. That's where I'd send him in a trade if I were an angry owner.

Batum for some skittles.

Let EG walk.

resign Plumlee.

If Clippers don't win the title, his contract is not guaranteed for next year. I believe someone could trade for him before Jun 28 and then cut him and only be on the hook for a portion of it.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,141

Post#103 » by og15 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:03 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:I’d re-sign Westbrook in a heartbeat, he has a home with the Clips if he wants it.

Going to be Reggie Jackson 2021 playoff run all over again :(

I understand the comparison, but I don't really see Russ as a "contract year" guy. You always know what you're going to get from him as a player, provided you have a roster that fits with him.

I'd love for him to stay with the Clippers too. He's been a consummate professional and very easy to root for, and he's still productive.

I don't actually think it would be as drastic as that, but on the other hand Westbrook was a 49/36 shooter in his 21 regular season games as a Clipper (those would both be career highs for a full season) and is shooting like 40% 3PT in this series. Our current perception of him is based on Russ shooting better than he's ever shot in his career. If he just reverts back to his norm, it's not the same feel, even if he can still contribute, there would be a lot more complaints about a 44/31 Russ who shoots 41/30 in the post-season than this version.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 915

Post#104 » by NickP » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:13 am

Not having PG and then not having Kawhi was pretty deflating and it took away all or any energy left. But as true fans, we kept watching and hoping for a miraculous outcome without our main scoring punch. But hats off to the efforts so far. They have fought each game and contested all the way.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: Shots fired by PatPat 

Post#105 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:29 am

Dynamix wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bad whiny biotch look, 2Pat. You were out of the league at age 32 when the Clips dumped you and nobody picked you up, even for the minimum.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#106 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:36 am

NickP wrote:Not having PG and then not having Kawhi was pretty deflating and it took away all or any energy left. But as true fans, we kept watching and hoping for a miraculous outcome without our main scoring punch. But hats off to the efforts so far. They have fought each game and contested all the way.

Yeah, it is what is.

But as Scoundreldays said, it's not fun. :( Expectations ruin everything, and ours were off the charts. Even if Ballmer runs it back for Year Five, nothing short of a title will do, and frankly, it'll be one and done even if they do pull it off somehow.

The only thing that could save it now is Kawhi and PG back for Game 5... :pray:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#107 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:55 am

esqtvd wrote:
Dynamix wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bad whiny biotch look, 2Pat. You were out of the league at age 32 when the Clips dumped you and nobody picked you up, even for the minimum.

Morris was -19 today. Even by your own standards, he had no business being out there.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 357

Post#108 » by wakelaunch1 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:14 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:

Batum for some skittles.

Let EG walk.

resign Plumlee.

next year is nonguaranteed
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#109 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:20 am

esqtvd wrote:
Dynamix wrote:
Read on Twitter

Morris was -19 today. Even by your own standards, he had no business being out there.

RoCo and Batum were worse--0-3, 0 points, 1 reb, 2 assists, 4 fouls and minus-11 in 14 minutes. Obviously the I-know-better-than-Ty crowd has no better answer either.

Ty gave him a shot. Not every shot works. We stayed close until the end. Durant and Booker ate us up in the 4th and neither one is the PFs' man.

Maybe Ballmer will blame Ty. I think it's a miracle he got us this far. He had faith in Russ and Bones and it's been a smart move.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Red Panda doing her thing 

Post#110 » by Dynamix » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:17 am

Watched her during the first Grizz-Lakers game and she missed the closing move several times. Felt bad, it's just so damn difficult. Nice to see it going right.

This is the kind of focus and determination we'll need for G5.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#111 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:22 am

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:Not having PG and then not having Kawhi was pretty deflating and it took away all or any energy left. But as true fans, we kept watching and hoping for a miraculous outcome without our main scoring punch. But hats off to the efforts so far. They have fought each game and contested all the way.

Yeah, it is what is.

But as Scoundreldays said, it's not fun. :( Expectations ruin everything, and ours were off the charts. Even if Ballmer runs it back for Year Five, nothing short of a title will do, and frankly, it'll be one and done even if they do pull it off somehow.

Even if both came back, I'm not sure we win 3 straight.

Sucks bc if fully healthy I'd have picked Clips in 6 easily.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#112 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:32 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Yeah, it is what is.

Oh yeah, Brother Wilson. But at this point, I'm just trying to see this through Ballmer's eyes, deciding whether to run this whole nightmare back just one more time. Win or lose--

I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#113 » by donemilio21 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:29 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Yeah, it is what is.

They are not coming back at any point this season. We need to stop falling for this "Kawhi might play and win us a championship" crap. He will not play when it matters.
4 years. He NEVER played a playoff game in front of Clippers fans. I've been saying since last summer and before the trade deadline that we have to trade him. It doesn't matter if he was the best player ever or something, he is never on the court when he is needed.
They are not gonna play game 5. We most likely will lose. As a long time Clippers fan, I'm hoping Ballmer hits a reset button Tuesday night, and relieves both Lawrance Frank and Ty Lue of their duties citing team has championship aspirations and results have fallen short of the expectations year after year. Hire a new GM, new coach, and start negotiation to trade Kawhi and PG while getting a couple of quality players and some draft picks. We can get a 6-8 seed and a first round exit with no superstars on the team
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,403

Post#114 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:35 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Yeah, it is what is.

They are not coming back at any point this season. We need to stop falling for this "Kawhi might play and win us a championship" crap. He will not play when it matters.
4 years. He NEVER played a playoff game in front of Clippers fans. I've been saying since last summer and before the trade deadline that we have to trade him. It doesn't matter if he was the best player ever or something, he is never on the court when he is needed.
They are not gonna play game 5. We most likely will lose. As a long time Clippers fan, I'm hoping Ballmer hits a reset button Tuesday night, and relieves both Lawrance Frank and Ty Lue of their duties citing team has championship aspirations and results have fallen short of the expectations year after year. Hire a new GM, new coach, and start negotiation to trade Kawhi and PG while getting a couple of quality players and some draft picks. We can get a 6-8 seed and a first round exit with no superstars on the team

what do you mean that Kawhi hasn't never played a playoff game in front of Clipper fans? He played in 2021
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#115 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:04 pm

"day to day"

Willis Reed Time

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#116 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#117 » by Scoundreldays » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:54 pm

esqtvd wrote:"day to day"

Willis Reed Time

Read on Twitter

Day to day won't fool me a third time. Better to expect them not to play
LookToShoot
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#118 » by LookToShoot » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:33 pm

In hindsight, Kawhi shouldn't have played in game 2. He would've had three full days of rest and would be ready to go for the home games. I don't expect Kawhi or PG to play in game 5.
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#119 » by Scoundreldays » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:02 pm

LookToShoot wrote:In hindsight, Kawhi shouldn't have played in game 2. He would've had three full days of rest and would be ready to go for the home games. I don't expect Kawhi or PG to play in game 5.

Need someone to step up and be Kyle Reese. Warn Kawhi and the team to not play game 2 since we lost anyways.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 990

Re: Red Panda doing her thing 

Post#120 » by clipperlover » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:29 pm

Dynamix wrote:

Watched her during the first Grizz-Lakers game and she missed the closing move several times. Felt bad, it's just so damn difficult. Nice to see it going right.

This is the kind of focus and determination we'll need for G5.

Saw that lady on Clippervision at a recent game before the season ended and she was spot on.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers