ROUND 1, GAME #4 SUNS @ Clippers—12:30PM TNT/Bally

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 357

Re: ROUND 1, GAME #4 SUNS @ Clippers—12:30PM TNT/Bally 

Post#61 » by wakelaunch1 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 pm

LamarWho wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:eh, lue's gonna get canned, and i don't think any of us should be surprised to see nurse or udoka hired. i'm guessing covington will be properly utilized in that case.

Highly doubt his job is in jeopardy. Remember he's constantly being labeled as the victim by the media, because our 2 max players are constantly in street clothes.

Lue is trash. Hes a terrible coach. Playing Morris is almost criminal at this point. -19 plus/minus. And was terrible the whole season. Yet Lue kept trotting him out there to get cardio. Lues hatred of Roco is shameful
LookToShoot
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#62 » by LookToShoot » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:55 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:
LamarWho wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:eh, lue's gonna get canned, and i don't think any of us should be surprised to see nurse or udoka hired. i'm guessing covington will be properly utilized in that case.

Highly doubt his job is in jeopardy. Remember he's constantly being labeled as the victim by the media, because our 2 max players are constantly in street clothes.

Lue is trash. Hes a terrible coach. Playing Morris is almost criminal at this point. -19 plus/minus. And was terrible the whole season. Yet Lue kept trotting him out there to get cardio. Lues hatred of Roco is shameful

Robert Covington isn't good nor is he a game changer. There's a reason he's included in trades. Clippers weren't going to win.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#63 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:56 pm

nickhx2 wrote:too bad, so sad

morris getting playoff minutes is not at all unexpected

nice to see westbrook turn it up and look really solid. you gotta give him a place on the team next season if he's willing to stay.

Even if we won't be a better team, I'd rather keep Russ and find some suckers to take Kawhi and PG. Atleast Russ gives it 110% everytime
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#64 » by ejftw » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:56 pm

Y'all blaming Ty here is hilarious, he didn't know Kawhi was gonna be out until the night before Game 3, and same **** again today.

Nico has been just as abysmal, and RoCo left a lot to be desired. I dont blame him for hoping Mook would give a boost.

Only thing he shouldn't have done is play Russ and Bones together.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#65 » by Dynamix » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:00 pm

Well, we managed to extend the series last time we went down 1-3 against them, so who knows what happens.

Watched a lot of Lakers games these last few years, always rooting against them and laughing whenever Russ did something silly. I'll never say a bad word about this man ever again, no matter where he ends up or how he plays. Only real bright spot (maybe other than Norm's career night) in this disappointing season.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#66 » by Max Headrom » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:04 pm

Durant, 2 shots in the paint, shoots more free throws than the Clippers team.

Westbrook, 10 shots in the paint, zero free throws...
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#67 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:04 pm

LookToShoot wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
LamarWho wrote:

Robert Covington isn't good nor is he a game changer. There's a reason he's included in trades. Clippers weren't going to win.

It's not even about RoCo himself, it's that Morris is unplayable and Batum is washed. At some point, you have to try someone else.
LookToShoot
Veteran

Post#68 » by LookToShoot » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:10 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:

It's not even about RoCo himself, it's that Morris is unplayable and Batum is washed. At some point, you have to try someone else.

Well, he has to do better guarding KD. He picked up two quick ones (shooting fouls), that's probably why.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,951

Post#69 » by Bobbymcgee » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:10 pm

Hot take: Westbrook has become the best player on the Clippers. George and Leonard have both been huge letdowns.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#70 » by nickhx2 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:11 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:

nice to see westbrook turn it up and look really solid. you gotta give him a place on the team next season if he's willing to stay.

Even if we won't be a better team, I'd rather keep Russ and find some suckers to take Kawhi and PG. Atleast Russ gives it 110% everytime

i think you should know you're complaining to the wrong guy. also gonna assume you're not trying to say they should be playing through knee sprains, but at any rate:

i don't have issues with kawhi having to do what he's done this season because there is no such thing as injury recovery in a vacuum. his chronic knee issues on top of recovering from the ACL still are all contributors to his current state. kawhi's a guy who loves to play, wants to play, but is hindered by his body.

i will say that paul george did say something late in the RS though about maybe not playing in a b2b, and that's something that struck me as far sillier than it should be.

happy to keep kawhi and westbrook at this point, provided we move paul george. ty lue needs to be on the move of course, as well.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#71 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:11 pm

ejftw wrote:Y'all blaming Ty here is hilarious, he didn't know Kawhi was gonna be out until the night before Game 3, and same **** again today.

Nico has been just as abysmal, and RoCo left a lot to be desired. I dont blame him for hoping Mook would give a boost.

Only thing he shouldn't have done is play Russ and Bones together.

Ty is the single biggest reason we're a 5 seed fighting uphill right now instead of a top 3 seed playing a potentially less taxing opponent. His extreme stubbornness and favoritism ruined the entire season from day one. All the pro-Lue crowd could say in his defense is "he's saving his real gameplans for the playoffs," but guess what, it's the playoffs now and his only adjustment was to start playing Morris again. Without peak LeBron, without Kenny Atkinson, Lue has been exposed as the second-worst coach in the league. He needs to be fired no matter what happens with the roster this offseason.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#72 » by Akklaim1 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:13 pm

All that load management only to lead to Kawhi missing crucial playoff games.
We are cursed until we’re not.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,321

Post#73 » by The High Cyde » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:14 pm

I’d re-sign Westbrook in a heartbeat, he has a home with the Clips if he wants it.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,167

Post#74 » by og15 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:15 pm

LookToShoot wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:

Well, he has to do better guarding KD. He picked up two quick ones (shooting fouls), that's probably why.

He can’t guard KD. Clippers getting killed on the glass after having that as an advantage to start the series has been tough.
LookToShoot
Veteran

Post#75 » by LookToShoot » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:15 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:All that load management only to lead to Kawhi missing crucial playoff games.
We are cursed until we’re not.

JB probably wants out of Boston and Kawhi hates cold weather cities. That's where I'd send him in a trade if I were an angry owner.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#76 » by og15 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:16 pm

The High Cyde wrote:I’d re-sign Westbrook in a heartbeat, he has a home with the Clips if he wants it.

Going to be Reggie Jackson 2021 playoff run all over again :(
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#77 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:16 pm

LookToShoot wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:

Morris doesn't try to guard anyone. He just gives up wide open shots. Also, Lue's bias against RoCo has been a season-long issue, not a specific matchup issue with KD in this series.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#78 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:16 pm

nickhx2 wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:

i think you should know you're complaining to the wrong guy. also gonna assume you're not trying to say they should be playing through knee sprains, but at any rate:

i don't have issues with kawhi having to do what he's done this season because there is no such thing as injury recovery in a vacuum. his chronic knee issues on top of recovering from the ACL still are all contributors to his current state. kawhi's a guy who loves to play, wants to play, but is hindered by his body.

i will say that paul george did say something late in the RS though about maybe not playing in a b2b, and that's something that struck me as far sillier than it should be.

happy to keep kawhi and westbrook at this point, provided we move paul george. ty lue needs to be on the move of course, as well.

No definitly not saying they should play through knee sprains but they can not be relied upon for anything. This is the 3rd season in a row one of them has been injured when we need them most. Our only healthy season was the bubble season and even then PG had hamstring issues before the lockdown.

I just want a fun team, this team is not fun.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#79 » by og15 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:18 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:

There are playable injuries and there are unplayable injuries. PG and Kawhi don’t mail it in when they are playing, but health is health, there’s no willpower to make playing with knee injuries safe.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Shots fired by PatPat 

Post#80 » by Dynamix » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers