ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 2023 Playoff

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

OT: 2023 Playoff 

Post#1 » by LamarWho » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:16 pm

Watched the Suns vs. Nuggets game last night. As I predicted, Suns didn't stand a chance because of their lack of depth. Pretty interesting that Landry Shamet is pretty much the MMSr over there, first guy off the bench for no reason, getting mins over guys like T-Ross and Cam Payne.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,497

Re: OT: 2023 Playoff 

Post#2 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:21 pm

LamarWho wrote:Watched the Suns vs. Nuggets game last night. As I predicted, Suns didn't stand a chance because of their lack of depth. Pretty interesting that Landry Shamet is pretty much the MMSr over there, first guy off the bench for no reason, getting mins over guys like T-Ross and Cam Payne.

I agree- it is perplexing why Shamet is getting all of these minutes. I know he stretches the floor, but he hasn't been shooting well.

I know Payne was injured, but Ross can shoot it and is about as good, if not better, of a defender than Shamet.

I wouldn't count the Suns out yet though- it is just one game and series can turn on a dime
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,408

Post#3 » by og15 » Mon May 1, 2023 5:24 pm

Is it possible for every team to lose? That's what I would like.

Every minute of Shamet is highly entertaining to me btw, I love it, but yes, I am trying to figure out what Monty's purpose for playing him is.

I thought Payne was just injured, but we had a Payne sighting in the series.

Shamet is a funny player. He can sort of handle, he's supposed to be a shooter, he can sorta pass, and he tries on defense, but he never just seems like he's actually a solid player.

...but it makes sense when he convinces teams to have him and coaches to play him, he can "kinda" do a lot of things, but doesn't do anything that well (shooting was supposed to be it), and it all doesn't come together with the things he's okay at.

Anyways, game 1 is still a feel out game, the question is whether Monty and the Suns have useful adjustments to make.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,940

Post#4 » by esqtvd » Tue May 2, 2023 4:09 am

off topic: Doc Rivers
NB: Doc Rivers is ALWAYS off-topic

Helluva coaching job tonight. Boston is the better team even if Embiid plays. I guess the depleted Sixers just snuck up on them like we snuck up on the Suns in our Game 1. Still, coach has to get some credit if not a lot of it.

Never had a good read on The Beard. He got CP3 to jump ship on the Clippers to join him then no doubt said OK when they promptly dumped him a year later. So much goes on behind the scenes we'll never know.

Now Harden is the real leader of the Sixers even though JoJo is the public face and Maxey is already beloved by all. But in the interviews, Beard speaks with the polish of a coach and never comes off like a jerk. It's just that he looks so weird but once you pull up a chair, he's a really great guy.

Chris Paul, never felt that way. Kawhi, don't feel that way either. PG or Blake, nope, not them either.

Embiid, well sure. He IS the face of the franchise and is value added to the Sixers org. Philly loves him. Hopefully name MVP Tuesday night. Doc kicked his ass to his best season ever, BTW. Also Barkley and Shaq on TNT. But only ion Thurday nights. Doc has him every day.

Anyway, Clips and Sixers are my joint ['jawn' as they say in Philly]--and Mrs. TVD is a Clippers fan, so LAC is my #1. Sixers are kind of Clippers East with Doc and Tobias and the Harden/CP3 connection. I think the Sixers are way underpowered to do it all, but this is a freak year. All the teams are top-heavy so it may turn out to be a war of attrition. Maybe that's how it should be.

Kawhi and PG--our greatest warriors--never even made it to the battlefield.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
LamarWho
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by LamarWho » Tue May 2, 2023 4:32 am

CP3 does it again, just when his team was playing well and had a real shot at tying the series.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#6 » by ERClips » Tue May 2, 2023 4:50 am

Barring any unforeseen injuries to any of the remaining teams it feels like it’s Denver’s year to win it all.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#7 » by esqtvd » Tue May 2, 2023 6:36 am

LamarWho wrote:CP3 does it again, just when his team was playing well and had a real shot at tying the series.

So I guess Lob City wasn't Doc's fault after all?

Sorry, I just can't resist. This is OFF TOPIC after all. I just don't think any basketball coach can make THE difference. NBA is a players' league.

I DO think Larry Brown coached that Pistons team to the 2004 title but otherwise, let's just don't even.

CP3 remains the Greatest Clipper Ever, but still...

with KD and Booker on the floor CP3 is the scapegoat?

I'm just not feeling this.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Tue May 2, 2023 7:10 am

ERClips wrote:Barring any unforeseen injuries to any of the remaining teams it feels like it’s Denver’s year to win it all.

I hate admitting that LeBron remains the greatest living GOAT. I don't like liking him. Then comes Steph, who might even edge ahead of him before he's done. I'll take either of them--even at age 35.--vs Joker, who is way back on the list. They are GOATs.

Denver will not make the Finals. Neither Joker or Doncic will ever make the Finals. Regular season heroes. Big fat Euroslobs.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,497

Post#9 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue May 2, 2023 2:28 pm

LamarWho wrote:CP3 does it again, just when his team was playing well and had a real shot at tying the series.

in fairness to him- it's not like he tries to get injured
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,016

Post#10 » by clipperlover » Tue May 2, 2023 4:15 pm

A few thoughts:
1. The NBA and its entire fan base should be embarrassed for that Game 6 performance by Memphis. A closeout game and you look like that.

2. The Kings youth and inexperience caught up to them in Game 7. Reminds me of Denver vs Portland a few years back. Kings staved off elimination in game 6, but just couldn't respond to a team that was also facing elimination in Game 7.

3. Sixers shouldn't get too excited. They were a well rested team. Doubtful Harden comes back with the same numbers. He will be back to his sub 40% shooting games soon enough.

4. Chris Paul yearly injury happens a series too late. Glad we were able to expose the Title Favorite of so many. Injuries to other teams is the only reason that group of fakers even made it past the 1st round in 2021.

5. Hope Jimmy Butler is able to get back and play at the same level. Injury didn't look good though.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,828

Post#11 » by madmaxmedia » Tue May 2, 2023 8:28 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

in fairness to him- it's not like he tries to get injured

LOL neither do our guys. :lol:
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#12 » by Akklaim1 » Fri May 5, 2023 3:08 am

I just find it funny how I haven’t heard the Beat LA chant yet from Warriors fans. You know obsessive Bay Area fans are with beating LA in sports.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,091

Post#13 » by ejftw » Fri May 5, 2023 3:32 am

Glad to see JMyke still having an impact. Don't really care who wins but it's fun to see him ball
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#14 » by esqtvd » Fri May 5, 2023 4:59 am

ejftw wrote:Glad to see JMyke still having an impact. Don't really care who wins but it's fun to see him ball

I care who wins
I'm East Coast Old School
half the fun is in the hating :lol:

Clippers are out of it but I'm still alive
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 942

Post#15 » by NickP » Fri May 5, 2023 2:45 pm

Using the process of elimination, I can tell who won't win. That'll be any team coached by DOC Rivers.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#16 » by Akklaim1 » Fri May 5, 2023 8:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:
ejftw wrote:Glad to see JMyke still having an impact. Don't really care who wins but it's fun to see him ball

I care who wins

Clipper fans hate both teams
LamarWho
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by LamarWho » Fri May 5, 2023 8:11 pm

Just the thought of Doc winning another chip makes me puke all over my keyboard.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#18 » by esqtvd » Fri May 5, 2023 8:26 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I care who wins

Clipper fans hate both teams

Well I'm against the Lakers now
then whoever wins I'm against them in the next round so I'm gold :wink:
esqtvd
RealGM