RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: OT: 2023 Playoff 

Post#141 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:49 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Or, as they're known on here, "G-Leaguers" and "scrubs."

G-Leaguers are G-leaguers because they play in the G-League. People who play 70 or 80 games and average 28 minutes a game in the NBA are called NBA players and sometimes even "starters." Caleb Martin and Bruce Brown are not scrubs. And certainly not G-Leaguers.

Am I mistaken that you called some NBA players on the Clippers, G leaguers? Must be.

Which NBA players did I call G-Leaguers? Be precise.

Show your receipts or kindly get out of my face, Nick P. I don't seem to be able to post anything around here without your nose up my ass.

Yes, you are mistaken. I call our G-Leaguers G-Leaguers because they play the vast majority of their minutes in G-League. Not in the NBA. Show us otherwise or please buzz off?

Caleb Martin and Bruce Brown are not scrubs. Each played over 2000 minutes in the NBA this year. 2000 minutes makes you an NBA player. I call them NBA players.

Love,
Tom

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#142 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:02 am

Read on Twitter

ooops

Celtics fans are sick after Heat forwards Caleb Martin, Max Strus combine for brutal NBA history in Game 1 vs. Nuggets

In the Heat’s 104-93 defeat, Caleb Martin and Max Strus combined to go 1-17 from the field (1-7 and 0-10, respectively). To put in greater perspective how terrible that is, Martin and Strus’ terrible Game 1 performance is tied for the worst field-goal percentage in NBA Finals history by two teammates who both started the game, per Jorge Sedano of ESPN.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/celtics-fans-are-sick-after-heat-forwards-caleb-martin-max-strus-combine-for-brutal-nba-history-in-game-1-vs-nuggets/ar-AA1c2BZ2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1c25eb3350334090a1b7f5c154370be1&ei=13
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#143 » by NickP » Sun Jun 4, 2023 12:37 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

G-Leaguers are G-leaguers because they play in the G-League. People who play 70 or 80 games and average 28 minutes a game in the NBA are called NBA players and sometimes even "starters." Caleb Martin and Bruce Brown are not scrubs. And certainly not G-Leaguers.

Am I mistaken that you called some NBA players on the Clippers, G leaguers? Must be.

Show your receipts or kindly get out of my face, Nick P. I don't seem to be able to post anything around here without your nose up my ass.

Yes, you are mistaken. I call our G-Leaguers G-Leaguers because they play the vast majority of their minutes in G-League. Not in the NBA. Show us otherwise or please buzz off?

Caleb Martin and Bruce Brown are not scrubs. Each played over 2000 minutes in the NBA this year. 2000 minutes makes you an NBA player. I call them NBA players.

Love,
Tom

I thought you referred to T Mann as a G leaguer. Like I said, I may have been mistaken. Apologies.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#144 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:35 pm

Love how Miami invested in a guy like Caleb after he was cast off by a bummy franchise and it pays off with great contributions to a finals run in 2 years time.

The franchises with great operations keep finding young talent and keep having deep playoff runs. The garbage ones have no foresight, no ability to see the future, and there only imagination for developing their roster is to try and acquire guys that are already proven on the NBA level....

Ahh, that's right...just trade for Random All Star Player McGee. We can win the championship if we do that. How come none of the other 29 teams thought of that?

Only issue that is worse than that is when certain fans troll (and overall ruin) a forum over the last 5 years with that garbage line of thinking.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#145 » by esqtvd » Sun Jun 4, 2023 6:40 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:Am I mistaken that you called some NBA players on the Clippers, G leaguers? Must be.

Love,
Tom

I thought you referred to T Mann as a G leaguer. Like I said, I may have been mistaken. Apologies.

it's ok

solid pro
will be in the league a long time I think
plays right
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#146 » by esqtvd » Sun Jun 4, 2023 7:16 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Love how Miami invested in a guy like Caleb after he was cast off by a bummy franchise and it pays off with great contributions to a finals run in 2 years time.

The franchises with great operations keep finding young talent and keep having deep playoff runs. The garbage ones have no foresight, no ability to see the future, and there only imagination for developing their roster is to try and acquire guys that are already proven on the NBA level....

Ahh, that's right...just trade for Random All Star Player McGee. We can win the championship if we do that. How come none of the other 29 teams thought of that?

Only issue that is worse than that is when certain fans troll (and overall ruin) a forum over the last 5 years with that garbage line of thinking.

Caleb Martin is a journeyman who's almost 28 and is having a nice playoffs [13 ppg]. His season totals of 29 mpg, 9.6/4.8/1.6 on 46%/37% shooting are nice but not earth-shattering. [Home-grown Terance Mann's were comparable.]

Miami was a play-in team that gave up more points than they scored this year. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs, assisted by Giannis getting wasted on this play

and the Celtics' Big Two delivering a world-class Game 7 choke. This isn't to take credit away from Pat Riley, Erik Spoelstra and Jimmy Buckets but this is no juggernaut. The Clippers won the same number of games and of course were missing both their superstars in the playoffs.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#147 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 4, 2023 11:15 pm

The quality franchise that has been well run for 20 years continues to get lucky while the elite and well run Clippers for the las 39 years continues to merely be unlucky.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#148 » by esqtvd » Sun Jun 4, 2023 11:47 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:The quality franchise that has been well run for 20 years continues to get lucky while the elite and well run Clippers for the las 39 years continues to merely be unlucky.

I'll take D-Wade, LeBron or Jimmy Buckets over any Clipper past or present :lol:

OK, CP3 over Butler but that's about it
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#149 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 5, 2023 2:50 am

I’ll take Pat Riley running my org over a period of 25 years+ over what we have past or present.

There goes Spo, Jimmy and the Jimmyettes getting lucky again tonight.
God never saw fit to just let the Clippers randomly get lucky like this eh?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,188

Post#150 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 5, 2023 2:56 am

esqtvd wrote:Miami was a play-in team that gave up more points than they scored this year. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs, assisted by Giannis getting wasted on this play

and the Celtics' Big Two delivering a world-class Game 7 choke.

Now do all their previous years of success and deep playoff runs, including with this same core.

The Heat are a well-run franchise while the Clippers are a poorly-run franchise, as we've seen year after year. It's myopic to pretend there's any other explanation.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#151 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:08 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I’ll take Pat Riley running my org over a period of 25 years+ over what we have past or present.

There goes Spo, Jimmy and the Jimmyettes getting lucky again tonight.
God never saw fit to just let the Clippers randomly get lucky like this eh?

Pat Riley is awesome and would be a HOFer as an executive alone but there's only one Pat Riley. And he lives in Miami, not Cleveland. This is not a coincidence. There's only one Miami too. ;-)

You think that didn't figure into LeBron and Butler's decisions to take their talents there too? I don't expect you'll remember my prediction that Kawhi wouldn't stay in Toronto but

I'll take D-Wade, LeBron or Jimmy Buckets over any Clipper past or present :lol:

...and only because CP is a lock HOFer and Jimmy isn't...yet.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#152 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:52 am

esqtvd wrote:Miami was a play-in team that gave up more points than they scored this year. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs, assisted by Giannis getting wasted on this play

and the Celtics' Big Two delivering a world-class Game 7 choke.

Now do all their previous years of success and deep playoff runs, including with this same core.

The Heat are a well-run franchise while the Clippers are a poorly-run franchise, as we've seen year after year. It's myopic to pretend there's any other explanation.

Clippers 3rd
Heat 7th

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-most-wins-last-10-years

All due respect to the Heat but their playoff success in that period still comes back to LeBron and Jimmy Buckets

...and only because CP is a lock HOFer and Jimmy isn't...yet.

BTW: Clippers 489 wins, Lakers 333
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#153 » by Dynamix » Mon Jun 5, 2023 9:56 am

These Heat players are having the run of their careers, it's been incredible to watch. Every time you think they're done, those guys just keep fighting back. You're a DNP one game and a key contributor in the next. I'm almost expecting Herro to make his return and casually drop 30 in a key win.

Hope the series is still tied when returning to Denver, so this ends up being a great finals.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#154 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 5, 2023 1:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Must be nice to have a team that raises its game in the big playoff moments rather than one where you hold your breath and wait for the next chokejob or season-ending injury.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#155 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:11 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:The quality franchise that has been well run for 20 years continues to get lucky while the elite and well run Clippers for the las 39 years continues to merely be unlucky.

Outside of the star players -other teams develop draft picks, find diamonds in the rough with undrafted players, and play the guys that supposed to play. Meanwhile we do nothing but play old washed up role players and suppress the youth while our fanbase screams out "we need another star"
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#156 » by Clemenza » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:17 pm

I'm really noticing how long these playoffs run into June.. which has me thinking if Kawhi & PG could survive four best of seven rounds to win a ring at this stage of their careers.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#157 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 5, 2023 5:05 pm

Clemenza wrote:

Outside of the star players -other teams develop draft picks, find diamonds in the rough with undrafted players, and play the guys that supposed to play. Meanwhile we do nothing but play old washed up role players and suppress the youth while our fanbase screams out "we need another star"

Correct.
It's kind of amazing how they have the character and poise to do it and when the time is ready, boom, they are actually prepared to seize the moment.

As opposed to trolling around their front offices all day, "G-leaguer this," and "G-Leaguer that". "Oh he's not an NBAer". "Oh he's just a journey man". "Ha, you can't play him he sucked for a few games".

I'm guessing that would be truly annoying to work with (as it is reading it every damn day on a forum). [Edited by mod: I think we've spent about 20 posts too many on this thread splitting hairs between a journeyman and G-leaguer and role player. Let's all just let it go.]
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#158 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 5, 2023 7:30 pm

Clemenza wrote:

No, we just need the two we have to show up. :wink:

Same with Lob City.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#159 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 5, 2023 10:27 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

No, we just need the two we have to show up. :wink:

Same with Lob City.

Of course, but even if they did show up, we still weren't getting past Denver with Marcus Morris playing 30 minutes per game.

The teams that actually win in this league don't give VIP treatment to bad players just because they're veterans. It's the details like this that separate well-run franchises like the Heat from poorly-run ones like the Clippers.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#160 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 5, 2023 10:47 pm

Blame Sterling and Ballmer then. Buck stops there.

3rd in wins over the last 10 years is pretty good. Most franchises would kill to do as well.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers