time for Doc to take the fall again lol
so it goes
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: OT: 2023 Playoff 

Post#62 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 14, 2023 10:44 pm

Man hasn’t been past the 2nd round since he left the Big 3.

BRB shift blame
Deflect.
Criticize others.
Make or miss league this. Make or miss league that.
Keep milking a championship from 15 years ago.
Rinse.
Repeat.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,921

Post#63 » by esqtvd » Sun May 14, 2023 10:44 pm

og15 wrote:

Guys in the mid to late 30's and role players who don't play, yea, not too surprising

except for SGA we can't really cry about the ones that got away lol
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 934

Post#64 » by NickP » Sun May 14, 2023 10:51 pm

Boston took game 6 away from Philly and yet, Doc didn't think of making any adjustments. In game or otherwise.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,257

Post#65 » by MartinToVaught » Sun May 14, 2023 10:56 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Man hasn’t been past the 2nd round since he left the Big 3.

Don't forget, he left Boston because he was "above" coaching a rebuild. The exact rebuild that brought in the players who just embarrassed him in back-to-back closeout games. :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#66 » by MartinToVaught » Sun May 14, 2023 11:03 pm

Same energy:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,476

Post#67 » by Ballings7 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:05 am

Ha Harden.. smh -- about how his playoff runs usually go.. just not reliable against a solid or better defense and a more technical game.. had a few big games, but so inconsistent and more often than not plays below par or worse in the bigger games.

And one of the first things I thought of when I saw Philly blown out and Doc at the press chair on ESPN was M-T-V lol .. good stuff

So much for my Finals prediction ha ..

By default rooting for the East, in the least because of former Spur Derrick White, and Butler/Bam/Lowry, etc.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,467

Post#68 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon May 15, 2023 12:14 am

Not only has Doc blown 3 leads when up 3-1, he has blown several 3-2 leads now as well.

I can think of at least 4: vs Orlando in 2009, Lakers in 2010 (with help from the refs in game 7), Miami 2012 and now 2023
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#69 » by MartinToVaught » Mon May 15, 2023 1:53 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Not only has Doc blown 3 leads when up 3-1, he has blown several 3-2 leads now as well.

I can think of at least 4: vs Orlando in 2009, Lakers in 2010 (with help from the refs in game 7), Miami 2012 and now 2023

I'm pretty sure Doc has officially blown a 3-2 lead more often than he's closed one out, and we already know he's the only coach ever to blow multiple 3-1 leads. Unless I'm missing something, he also hasn't come back from a series deficit since the Spurs series in 2015. It's almost unbelievable when it's laid out on paper like this, but then you watch his moronic decisions and lack of adjustments during games and stubborn refusal to self-reflect after the losses and it all makes sense.

Imagine if he manages to keep his job in the same offseason where coaches who have won more recent rings with less stacked teams than the 2008 Celtics (against tougher competition, too) have already been fired.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by NickP » Mon May 15, 2023 4:49 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Not only has Doc blown 3 leads when up 3-1, he has blown several 3-2 leads now as well.

I'm pretty sure Doc has officially blown a 3-2 lead more often than he's closed one out, and we already know he's the only coach ever to blow multiple 3-1 leads. Unless I'm missing something, he also hasn't come back from a series deficit since the Spurs series in 2015. It's almost unbelievable when it's laid out on paper like this, but then you watch his moronic decisions and lack of adjustments during games and stubborn refusal to self-reflect after the losses and it all makes sense.

Imagine if he manages to keep his job in the same offseason where coaches who have won more recent rings with less stacked teams than the 2008 Celtics (against tougher competition, too) have already been fired.

Doc has this aura around him, a halo, if you will. People in the media, his buddies, treat him like he's god's gift to coaching. Doc may never win another playoff series, let alone a title, but he'll be revered and spoke about in the same way like the true coaching greats.
In short, Doc won't be fired.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,013

Post#71 » by clipperlover » Mon May 15, 2023 6:28 pm

J.J. Redick with the shade (he posted this after yesterday's game):
Read on Twitter
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,013

Post#72 » by clipperlover » Mon May 15, 2023 6:30 pm

NickP wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

Doc has this aura around him, a halo, if you will. People in the media, his buddies, treat him like he's god's gift to coaching. Doc may never win another playoff series, let alone a title, but he'll be revered and spoke about in the same way like the true coaching greats.

I am kind of torn. I think I would rather that he keeps coaching. If he gets fired, then he probably ends up on TNT or ESPN and we have to hear his voice all the time. He will then be able to use that forum to absolve himself of any fault.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by NickP » Mon May 15, 2023 7:36 pm

clipperlover wrote:
NickP wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'm pretty sure Doc has officially blown a 3-2 lead more often than he's closed one out, and we already know he's the only coach ever to blow multiple 3-1 leads. Unless I'm missing something, he also hasn't come back from a series deficit since the Spurs series in 2015. It's almost unbelievable when it's laid out on paper like this, but then you watch his moronic decisions and lack of adjustments during games and stubborn refusal to self-reflect after the losses and it all makes sense.

I am kind of torn. I think I would rather that he keeps coaching. If he gets fired, then he probably ends up on TNT or ESPN and we have to hear his voice all the time. He will then be able to use that forum to absolve himself of any fault.

Very interesting point. A true dilemma.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,310

Another blown lead, another skit 

Post#74 » by Dynamix » Mon May 15, 2023 8:16 pm

Maybe not their best work, but it must be tough having to keep coming up with new stuff about Doc.

The one for the Denver choke always puts a smile on my face.

MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#75 » by MartinToVaught » Mon May 15, 2023 9:18 pm

clipperlover wrote:
NickP wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I'm pretty sure Doc has officially blown a 3-2 lead more often than he's closed one out, and we already know he's the only coach ever to blow multiple 3-1 leads. Unless I'm missing something, he also hasn't come back from a series deficit since the Spurs series in 2015. It's almost unbelievable when it's laid out on paper like this, but then you watch his moronic decisions and lack of adjustments during games and stubborn refusal to self-reflect after the losses and it all makes sense.

On the other hand: imagine if the Sixers got to the ECF immediately after firing him and he had to cover those games. You just know the excuses (and the salt) would be flowing all night long. It would be must-see TV.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,040

Post#76 » by ejftw » Tue May 16, 2023 12:29 am

clipperlover wrote:
NickP wrote:

Please God no, we are already stuck with the Van Dunce bros.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#77 » by MartinToVaught » Tue May 16, 2023 1:54 pm

Another year, another guy who played for Glenn coming out and speaking the facts:

https://streamable.com/df98us
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,431

Post#78 » by TrueLAfan » Tue May 16, 2023 3:58 pm

C’mon guys. After the first quarter, the Sixers were 20-61 from the floor. Harden, Embiid, and Melton were a combined 7-29. The Sixers have/had no depth. What kind of adjustments do you make when your center, the league MVP, is getting beaten down and out by Al Horford—and your backup is Paul Reed? Harden looked pathetic out there—constant flopping and lack of initiative. But if he and Melton are having bad games, who do you go to? Danuel House? Furkan Korkmaz? Doc is definitely going to take the fall here, and maybe some of it will be deserved. But that Philly team overachieved this season right up to the 42 minute point in Game 6.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#79 » by MartinToVaught » Tue May 16, 2023 4:17 pm

Embiid and Harden are chokers, sure, but so is Doc. And it has to be demoralizing for players going into those closeout games knowing that their coach is setting them up to fail, but they'll get all the blame in the media. It's not a coincidence that his teams consistently unravel in these moments no matter who's on the roster or who their opponent is.

As for depth, it's hard to have depth when the coach won't play anyone who isn't a star or one of his washed-up favorites.

Doc didn't even deserve the Sixers job in the first place after how poorly he did here. His firing is long overdue.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#80 » by LamarWho » Tue May 16, 2023 4:59 pm

If you take away Doc's lone title, which he won with 3 all stars, plus Rondo and a bunch of good role players, he hasn't accomplished much more than a guy like Vinny Del Negro. Where's Vinny now? I can't even find any updates on him on his wiki page. He couldn't even land an assistant coach gig, or something in college. That's where Doc belongs.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers