ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: Clippers (10-18) vs. New Orleans (20-11)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#61 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:47 am

Wow, Brevin's shot is looking going, like really good.
ClipperDomination
Veteran

Post#62 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:52 am

The defense was not the real problem in this game. We held a good Hornets team under 100 points. Our main problem was our offense, more specifically our shot selection. Way too many contested jumpers with a hand in the shooter's face, too much standing and not enough movement in the half court game, and holding the ball will not do anything productive. If you have the ball, you have to try to create a good shot by passing or getting a piece of the paint. When Maggette or Mobley hold the ball and not do anything, we seem to get bad, if not terrible, shots off.

Let's get ready for San Antonio.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#63 » by mkwest » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:54 am

Clippers had a nice run to finish off the 2nd quarter. That was highlight of the game from a team aspect. Individually, I liked Thornton's performance tonight. A couple of big slams and some nice shots to put 15 points on the board. Brevin Knight has been hitting his jumpers. Earlier in the season I would cringe every time that he would shoot, but I'm getting more confident in him. Kaman logged 44+ minutes tonight but laid an egg shooting 1-10 from the field. The Hornets were just too much for us. West was a beast, and even though Paul had a poor shooting night but got it done at the line. We have a few days off before our next game. Hopefully Thomas will be ready to go against the Spurs.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#64 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:22 am

Sounds like the Clips had a rough night start into the new year. Unfortunately it won't get any easier with the Spurs coming up on Sunday at high noon.
sarah42
Starter

Post#65 » by sarah42 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:20 am

Copperhead wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maggette didn't play in the last meeting.

yeah i meant mobley. cat mobley. as i watched the game tonight, i'm like, wait, I made a mistake...similar names...lol...maybe? :crazy: mobley was the one that gave Mo problems. I can remember that huge elbow pad like yesterday!

they both can post up though, but there didn't seem to be many of it tonight. their rookie....thorton i think has great style, athleticism, and he can really get any shot he wants. hopefully, he'll get more minutes this year.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
ClipperDomination
Veteran

Post#66 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:00 am

The Hornets are a team that come playoff time, everyone will not want to play them.

Good game, sarah. I'll check out the NO board more. You guys have quality posters.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#67 » by JJ LoDuca » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:31 pm

ClipperDomination wrote:The defense was not the real problem in this game. We held a good Hornets team under 100 points. Our main problem was our offense, more specifically our shot selection.

Yuuuup. I actually thought we played fairly good defense. Our offense though, Tim Thomas or no Tim Thomas, is just a joke. There's no flow, no playmaking, and no pure scorer. Yall remember back in the day, waaay back when we were 10 games over .500 and runnin' amuck in the playoffs? We could just throw the ball to EB and subsequently watch the ball go through the net, no problem. Now the guys are lollygagging with the ball, looking at each other, waiting for someone else to make a play. In this game, I noticed one offensive set that had Thornton & Maggette standing shouldertoshoulder at the top of the key. Was it drawn up that way? Love or hate Dunleavy, I'm sure he had a greater vision for that play.

One thing I love though is Al Thornton. Dude is gonna be good, and he's gonna be one of those guys who you can just throw the ball to and say, "go score." Also, I noticed the Clips running game has been looking a little better in the past two games with Brevin Knight running the show. The defense has been fairly solid...and that's about it. The team has today off, and I'm thinking instead of playing Madden on XBOX Dunleavy should have the guys looking at video. Cuz here comes San Antone.
-Ms. JJ
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#68 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:17 pm

i'm proud of the clippers after tonight. we were outmatched from the start and with kaman having an off-night we really had no shot at this one. the clippers played very hard in the second quarter to tie it up at the half. another typical 3rd quarter letdown cost us the game but the effort was there and for an injury-riddled team we're pretty damn good. we're going to be dangerous when we get healthy.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers