Jazz fan here.

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

Ascheier
Freshman
And1: 0

Jazz fan here. 

Post#1 » by Ascheier » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:21 am

Hey guys! After the game tonight...
I love your team -- Cassell has ridiculous game for someone who's 38 and been playing high minutes for so long. What a likable guy...

Kaman is the freaking man. Jazz fans like this guy more than Boozer (Boozer doesn't play D and just shoots 18 footers now) It seems like you guys don't go to him as often as you could though. Why is that? He's completely money on that post up fadeaway and seems like a pretty good passer too. The guy had to be shooting 80% tonight and I don't even remember him shooting more than 8 or 9 shots; you'd think if you guys piled up some more shooters and played inside out you'd be seriously tough. What a great player to build around for the next 6-7 years though, he's a perfect center on any contending team.

Kaman should be an all star this year...I voted for him over Boozer :bowdown:
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#2 » by ClipperDomination » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:33 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement. We hope that our Clipps will soon become that type of contending team you are talking out in the next couple of years.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#3 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:21 pm

The one thing that is a shame is that everyone knew that Kaman had this in him, coming back from injuries last year its easy to see that he is focused. However there are a lot of people downplaying this because of the injury to Brand. Either way it good to hear people paying props, its not like the Jazz are going leaving anytime soon with the talent they have.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Re: Jazz fan here. 

Post#4 » by mj_shoefanatic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 am

Ascheier wrote:Kaman should be an all star this year...I voted for him over Boozer :bowdown:

Me too. :thumbsup:
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#5 » by jgustav1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:16 am

Ascheier wrote:Kaman should be an all star this year...I voted for him over Boozer :bowdown:

Kaman should probably end up getting the most improved player award, but I'd have a tough time selecting him over Boozer for the all star team. Boozer is averaging 22+ ppg and hitting 55% on his FGs on a successful team, this should land him a spot on the all star team.

If the Clippers were over .500 as a team and Kaman was hitting over 50% on his FGs, he would have a stronger case for making the all star team.
ClipperDomination
Veteran

Post#6 » by ClipperDomination » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:48 am

jgustav1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kaman should probably end up getting the most improved player award, but I'd have a tough time selecting him over Boozer for the all star team. Boozer is averaging 22+ ppg and hitting 55% on his FGs on a successful team, this should land him a spot on the all star team.

If the Clippers were over .500 as a team and Kaman was hitting over 50% on his FGs, he would have a stronger case for making the all star team.

Sometimes it's not always about offensive stats. Kaman's been playing great defensive on centers who have more experience than him. He also plays solid help defense when a guard drives in the paint.

Boozer, on the other hand, is not a good defender. At all. I also feel that Deron is having a greater impact on winning games than Boozer. He has had 10+ assists in his last 4 game I believe. It's his consistency that is really keeping the Jazz in the playoff hunt. Boozer is a tremendous player, but Deron is a greater asset to the team IMO.

In no way am I saying that Kaman is better than Boozer, but I feel that Kaman should get the nod over Boozer for the ASG.
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#7 » by jgustav1 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:51 am

ClipperDomination wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sometimes it's not always about offensive stats. Kaman's been playing great defensive on centers who have more experience than him. He also plays solid help defense when a guard drives in the paint.

Boozer, on the other hand, is not a good defender. At all. I also feel that Deron is having a greater impact on winning games than Boozer. He has had 10+ assists in his last 4 game I believe. It's his consistency that is really keeping the Jazz in the playoff hunt. Boozer is a tremendous player, but Deron is a greater asset to the team IMO.

In no way am I saying that Kaman is better than Boozer, but I feel that Kaman should get the nod over Boozer for the ASG.

Boozer is a decent PF defender, maybe average because of his strength and ability to screen out his man from the offensive board.

He isn't a shot blocker at PF like Brand but is certainly adequate, he made the all star team last year, it wasn't a problem for him then. Marcus Camby is probably the best help defender and rebounder in the league based on minutes played and he won't make the all star team so like it or not, defensive stats don't carry the same weight as offensive stats in selecting all stars.

Deron Williams deserves to be on the all star team and probably is a greater asset to his team as you suggest, but Boozer deserves to go there too.
ClipperDomination
Veteran

Post#8 » by ClipperDomination » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 pm

jgustav1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Boozer is a decent PF defender, maybe average because of his strength and ability to screen out his man from the offensive board.

He isn't a shot blocker at PF like Brand but is certainly adequate, he made the all star team last year, it wasn't a problem for him then. Marcus Camby is probably the best help defender and rebounder in the league based on minutes played and he won't make the all star team so like it or not, defensive stats don't carry the same weight as offensive stats in selecting all stars.

Deron Williams deserves to be on the all star team and probably is a greater asset to his team as you suggest, but Boozer deserves to go there too.

Camby is actually voted as the 3rd best center in the Western Conference, so at least he is getting the pub he deserves.

I agree with the fact that offensive stats overshadow defensive stats in selecting All-Stars, but I guess that's what the majority of NBA fans look at (nice dunks, most PPG, etc.).

I just wished defensive stats mattered into the voting.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers