ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 38: Clippers (12-25) VS Kings (17-22)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#81 » by JJ LoDuca » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:25 am

^
So close, yet so far. Half my family operates outta the Bronx but originated in Italy, and the other half is a bunch of Boriquas who ended up in Mexico, and eventually Santa Ana, Calif. Hence the laker-fan tendencies. :roll:
-Ms. JJ
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#82 » by adiedanny » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 am

JJ LoDuca wrote:^
So close, yet so far. Half my family operates outta the Bronx but originated in Italy, and the other half is a bunch of Boriquas who ended up in Mexico, and eventually Santa Ana, Calif. Hence the laker-fan tendencies. :roll:
That's crazy, you have some serious ethnic backround.
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#83 » by adiedanny » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 am

Hopefully we can continue the celebration come friday evening.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#84 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:16 am

JJ LoDuca wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I feel what you're saying. But adie had a good point about leaving him in to pad his stats a little more-- I mean hey, I wanted to see some more of Al! But taking him out and letting him hear the appriciation of the crowd would've been priceless. Dunleavy is usually good about things like this, these "curtain calls," but I'm sure it wasn't a concious effort by Dunleavy to diss him or anything. I wanted to see him score 25, maybe that was the coach's thinking too.

I would have had no problem if he was left in the game, but as long as he got what he deserved. I mean if you're going to take Kaman out, and Thornton was just as important to the win as Kaman was tonight, it is just showing no common sense to me. I understand that Kaman is the most important player on the Clipps right now, but at least let the young one get the respect he should be getting.
livingston2kaman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#85 » by livingston2kaman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 pm

ClipperDomination wrote:
With that said, I'm very disappointed in Dumbleavy during the final stages of this game. Takes out Kaman. Takes out Thomas. Takes out Mobley. Takes out Maggette. The sad part is that the player who deserved the biggest applause from the fans, that being Thornton, never exited the game, even during the last couple of minutes. It ticked me off. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I feel that Dumbleavy was very stupid for not letting Thornton have his chance to get the fans approval.

Didn't Dunleavy have people that were about to check in but couldn't due to no whistles in the final minute? I'm sure Al would have gotten his applause if a whistle was to be blown
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#86 » by illastrate » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 am

livingston2kaman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Didn't Dunleavy have people that were about to check in but couldn't due to no whistles in the final minute? I'm sure Al would have gotten his applause if a whistle was to be blown

There was nobody left on the bench to go in at that point. I guess they could've have subbed in one of the starters for Thornton. He deserved a curtain call more than anyone else...

Return to Los Angeles Clippers