ImageImageImageImageImage

i really hope arenas DOESNT come to the clippers

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

bulldogcharly
Junior
And1: 6

i really hope arenas DOESNT come to the clippers 

Post#1 » by bulldogcharly » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:28 pm

from what ive seen hes pretty much just a chucker. hes a good player and can get hot but he'll take away shots from people like thornton and kaman. i think we have a good team to rebuild. brand is still 28 and kaman, livingston, and thornton are all young. hopefully they all stay with the clips but if we got arenas it would just hurt the team.
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#2 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:56 pm

^Agent Zero is just what this team needs IMHO especially with Sammy on his way out.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by JJ LoDuca » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:05 pm

In no way would acquiring Arenas actually hurt the Clippers, but I see your point bulldog. We do have some real nice pieces without him, and Gil might just upset the groove. But mj has a good counterpoint...with Sam and Maggs inevitably on the way out, a big-time clutch scorer to flank EB would be valuable. I personally don't think the Clippers would (or should) spend that $$$$ on Gil, especially with his knee actin' up. We already got one of those to deal with in Livingston (but that's a whole 'nother post).
-Ms. JJ
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#4 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:36 pm

with brand and kaman there to collect double teams, arenas and mobley would be deadly from behind the arc.

i myself am concerned with gil's injury problems. by april, there is a possibility that shaun livingston will have played more games than arenas in the calendar year. that's a major red flag when you're talking about max money.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#5 » by mkwest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:38 pm

A year ago adding Arenas would be a yes if at all possible. Right now I don't know. That knee has me weary with the price tag that he'll have. He would definitely help the team win. As far as the shots go, we're lucky to have two anchors in our frontcourt who feel W's are the most important stat. Arenas with Kaman & Brand are near perfect compliments. I don't think it is that great of a probability, but it is worth a look.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#6 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:41 pm

You have Arenas as the shooting guard with Livingston running the show, that would be fun to watch. Though I have to question the effectiveness of him coming off screens and what not. He needs to create his own shot, who knows how he would be with a legit point guard. Though like mentioned if you can a player of Arenas' caliber you take it every time.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#7 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:31 pm

Arenas with Brand and Kaman would be sick.

The only weakness he might have is his defense, but who really cares. It's Agent 0, and the Clippers would be fantastic with him.

Gilbert, Ross?, Thornton, Brand, Kaman.

Not bad. At all.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#8 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Fri Feb 1, 2008 2:45 am

Hasn't everyone noticed how much better the Wizards are playing with out Glibert. Butler and Jamison are both having their best all round seasons. The Wizards are much better defensively and their offense flows much better. I don't want Gilbert because he just chucks up shots. It would be a nice home coming for him but he really needs to become a better defender and more efficient on offense.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
bulldogcharly
Junior
And1: 6

Post#9 » by bulldogcharly » Fri Feb 1, 2008 5:48 am

isnt the deal brand for arenas? why are you guys talking about how arenas/brand/kaman would be beastly. the deal is brand for arenas but anyways i agree with you guys about his knee problems. its probably worse then livingstons knee problem. he injured them once last year and was out for 2 months and re injured them and probably wont be back until next season.

but id much rather have livingston start and develop at point then have arenas get 40 mpg and have livingston become a role player because livingston can be much more than that. livingston can be an all star in a few years.

livingston
mobley
thornton
brand
kaman

looks better than

arenas
mobley
thornton
thomas
kaman

but ive always loved maggette and hope he doesnt go but if he does we should get some valuable players that will be getting tons of time off the bench.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#10 » by ClipperDomination » Fri Feb 1, 2008 6:39 am

bulldogcharly wrote:isnt the deal brand for arenas? why are you guys talking about how arenas/brand/kaman would be beastly. the deal is brand for arenas but anyways i agree with you guys about his knee problems. its probably worse then livingstons knee problem. he injured them once last year and was out for 2 months and re injured them and probably wont be back until next season.

but id much rather have livingston start and develop at point then have arenas get 40 mpg and have livingston become a role player because livingston can be much more than that. livingston can be an all star in a few years.

livingston
mobley
thornton
brand
kaman

looks better than

arenas
mobley
thornton
thomas
kaman

but ive always loved maggette and hope he doesnt go but if he does we should get some valuable players that will be getting tons of time off the bench.

It's a rumor, not a proposed deal.

Gilbert has had the Clippers on his radar last time he was a FA, and this time should be no different. If we can offer the right amount of $, we could somehow steal him away.
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#11 » by cinnamon » Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:26 pm

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Hasn't everyone noticed how much better the Wizards are playing with out Glibert. Butler and Jamison are both having their best all round seasons. The Wizards are much better defensively and their offense flows much better. I don't want Gilbert because he just chucks up shots. It would be a nice home coming for him but he really needs to become a better defender and more efficient on offense.

I'm with you all the way on this issue, numba2clippersfan --- except that this is a homecoming I wouldn't want to see under any circumstances.
Part of what we need (besides a run of good health for everyone) is an improvement in the locker room, and better functioning teamwork. That's the last thing anyone could hope for with Arenas on the team.
Arenas is a one man show. Very flashy, but definitely a one man show.
That's why the Wizards look so much better this year --- they can trust each other now, take turns stepping up as needed, and bring out the best in each other. Arenas makes that impossible.
I would be very upset if he ended up coming to the Clippers.
remixer2017
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#12 » by remixer2017 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:15 am

we almost got him once and there is a good chance we can get him again but i want to see how shaun livingston plays when he is healthy and the appropriate nba weight. i think shaun has all the attributes for an all star, we clipper fans just have to be a little more patient. arenas though would not be a bad pick up for us if we did get him.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers