Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

kidd007
Junior
And1: 0

NJN-LAC 

Post#1 » by kidd007 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:32 pm

whay do you guys think of this trade:
NJN get: Maggette,C.Mobley and Tim Thomas
LAC get: Vince Carter,Jamal magloire(expiring) and Antoine Wright(Expiring)
??
Next year, you guys can have a lineup of Kaman,Brand,Thornton,Vince, and Shaun.[/code]
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,967

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:36 pm

I dont speak on behalf of Sterling, but I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Though if we are taking on Carter, it might make Brand stay without a second thought. Sterling has the reputation of being cheap, can he swallow his pride for Carter and dish out money to both Brand and Livingston?

I know I would do it. For all of the flake that Carter catches, he is still a good player.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#3 » by mj_shoefanatic » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:46 pm

^Honestly, I really don't want to see Magz leave this franchise but if it means 86'ing CAT and Thomas in the process then bye bye Maggette and good luck in the Eastern Conference. :rofl:
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#4 » by mkwest » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:51 pm

I would do it and trade him in 2011 as an expiring (his last year @ $18m is a team option).
remixer2017
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by remixer2017 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 12:36 am

hell no i would not take it. maggette is a better player right now than carter. carter is lazy and thats all the clippers need is another player who has no motivation to win, plus he is at the beginning of his 4 year contract so if more than likely plays with no intention to win we are stuck. i will repeat this and say noooooooooooooooooooooo. if your a true clipper fan than how the hell would this help us, for real??? and brand is not leaving i can guarantee that.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#6 » by loflin3hree5ive » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:11 am

carter has never had a dominant low post player in his career. i'm not saying that playing with two dominant big men would revive his career but i'd be extremely interested to see. especially considering that's about as even a salary match as the nets and clippers can get.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers