ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Gasol to Lakers

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

OT: Gasol to Lakers 

Post#1 » by ClipperDomination » Wed Feb 6, 2008 1:57 am

I feel like this topic should have its own thread for us Clipper fans to discuss.

I feel this was highway robbery for the Lakers. They got a big who will fit in perfectly into the triangle offense.

I may start watching more Laker games (not becoming a fan of them however :D, but I'll probably root for them).

Clipper Nation will always be #1,2,3,4 and 5 in my book.

I just love Gasol's game.

What is your guys opinions on this trade?
remixer2017
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by remixer2017 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:10 am

it was defenitly a steal... common all they gave was no-shot kwame and creinnetoonnnnnonnnn who will be good, but is not in their rotation. plus two 1st round picks that are gonna be late 1st rounders and the lakers had no need for them.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#3 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:26 am

The thing that I dont get is what would they want with Javaris? You already have Lowry, Navvaro and just drafted Conley. Brown was just to save money since the owner is looking to sell the team I believe. The two future first rounders are nice to have, but they will be at the bottom of the barrel first round picks. It was without a doubt a great deal for the Lakers. If you can throw out a lineup with Gasol, Bryant and Bynum that says a lot. Plus Odom always finds his pulse in the playoffs. It sucks that it happened but its the NBA...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#4 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:36 am

The Lakers definetly benefit from this deal. I feel that this Laker team is now better than ours :( . I'm sure all the Lakers fans would have disagreed with me before when I said we were just as good as they were. Pau puts them over the top and really gives them a chance to compete for a championship.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
ClipperDomination
Veteran

Post#5 » by ClipperDomination » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:02 am

Manhattan Project wrote:The thing that I dont get is what would they want with Javaris? You already have Lowry, Navvaro and just drafted Conley. Brown was just to save money since the owner is looking to sell the team I believe. The two future first rounders are nice to have, but they will be at the bottom of the barrel first round picks. It was without a doubt a great deal for the Lakers. If you can throw out a lineup with Gasol, Bryant and Bynum that says a lot. Plus Odom always finds his pulse in the playoffs. It sucks that it happened but its the NBA...

Well Since Crit is a oversized PG he can play the SG, and may get some PT when they trade Mike Miller.

Just a thought?
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#6 » by mkwest » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:26 am

It was an unbelievable steal. I can't stand it for obvious reasons but it was one hell of a move. I felt the same as MP with why Memphis traded for Critt when they have a glut of young talented players at the same position. It just made it that much more wrong. I felt like the younger sister (Patrice) in "Coming to America" when she was asking her dad why her big sister (Lisa) always got the good ones, but it is what it is. We did have a nice advantage with our big men but they've closed the gap and have a guy named Kobe Bryant to top it off. I'm half-watching tonight's game to see how he gels. The only rooting I'll do for the Lakers is for them to lose though :lol:
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#7 » by mkwest » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:00 am

Pretty strong debut for Pau with 24 and 12 to help lead them to victory. Kobe's killing my fg percentage though...3-13 ouch.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:04 am

ClipperDomination wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well Since Crit is a oversized PG he can play the SG, and may get some PT when they trade Mike Miller.

Just a thought?

I really don't like rhythm shooters as my shooting guard, really dont. He is a point guard and I have to question how effective he is without the ball in his hand. He was never that pure combo guard like a Crawford or Mobley.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ClipperDomination
Veteran

Post#9 » by ClipperDomination » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:11 am

Manhattan Project wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I really don't like rhythm shooters as my shooting guard, really dont. He is a point guard and I have to question how effective he is without the ball in his hand. He was never that pure combo guard like a Crawford or Mobley.

It was just a thought. I never said that Critt can play the two.

I agree that there was absolutely no reason to get Javaris. No reason at all.
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#10 » by JJ LoDuca » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:33 am

Like yall said...an absolute steal for the lakers. And I'm cryin' foul, it's just unfair that Memphis decided to blow it up and do the lakers a favor. Bynum and Gasol together with Kobe on the wing and Walton, Vujacic, Vlad, & Farmar to contribute-- that's the makings of a good team. Unfortunately. I still hope they blow it though.
-Ms. JJ
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:59 pm

JJ LoDuca wrote:Like yall said...an absolute steal for the lakers. And I'm cryin' foul, it's just unfair that Memphis decided to blow it up and do the lakers a favor. Bynum and Gasol together with Kobe on the wing and Walton, Vujacic, Vlad, & Farmar to contribute-- that's the makings of a good team. Unfortunately. I still hope they blow it though.

If they can blow the finals with a starting five that consisted of Payton, Shaq, Bryant and Malone anything is possible. Though the scary part is that they are still young, but anything is possible. Thats why you play the game...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to Los Angeles Clippers