ImageImageImageImageImage

What type of player does the clippers need?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

deathbringer6
Ballboy
And1: 7

What type of player does the clippers need? 

Post#1 » by deathbringer6 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 1:54 pm

I'm making a dynasty with NBA Live 2008, i'm making a preseason preview and writing up some articles on what each and every team needs, can you guys elaborate who/what type of player the clippers need
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:03 pm

I think an elite perimeter scorer would do this team wonders, someone to stretch the floor. With a healthy Brand and Livingston this team is not really that bad. However they have no go to scorer on the perimeter, that is what will hold this team back. We have two players that attack the basket with no regard in Thornton and Maggette, though I personally dont see Maggette coming back next year. Al takes his place and we move on. Cassell is going to be gone, so a lot depends on what Livingston can show he is healthy.

So perimeter scorer and a point guard potentially. We have those glue guys already in Ross and Powell.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#3 » by mkwest » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:12 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:I think an elite perimeter scorer would do this team wonders, someone to stretch the floor. With a healthy Brand and Livingston this team is not really that bad. However they have no go to scorer on the perimeter, that is what will hold this team back. We have two players that attack the basket with no regard in Thornton and Maggette, though I personally dont see Maggette coming back next year. Al takes his place and we move on. Cassell is going to be gone, so a lot depends on what Livingston can show he is healthy.

So perimeter scorer and a point guard potentially. We have those glue guys already in Ross and Powell.

Bingo.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#4 » by ClipperDomination » Thu Feb 7, 2008 12:40 am

Manhattan Project wrote:I think an elite perimeter scorer would do this team wonders, someone to stretch the floor. With a healthy Brand and Livingston this team is not really that bad. However they have no go to scorer on the perimeter, that is what will hold this team back. We have two players that attack the basket with no regard in Thornton and Maggette, though I personally dont see Maggette coming back next year. Al takes his place and we move on. Cassell is going to be gone, so a lot depends on what Livingston can show he is healthy.

:nod:

We have a winner.
LA Clippers 46
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by LA Clippers 46 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:36 am

Gilbert Arenas...
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#6 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Feb 7, 2008 7:18 am

mp nailed it. a servicable 3rd big man wouldn't hurt either for next season.
Tucker74
Senior
And1: 0
Location: With every positive move inching closer to Sec 215...

Post#7 » by Tucker74 » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:04 pm

Quality depth as always.
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#8 » by mj_shoefanatic » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:13 pm

LA Clippers 46 wrote:Gilbert Arenas...

or Michael Redd

Also, if we can select Mayo, Rose or Bayless via draft that would solidify us even more at both guard positions. :pray:
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#9 » by cdel00 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:57 pm

The Raps can offer up Kapono, Joey Graham and the rights to Ukic for Maggette.

Kapono is what you are looking for in the perimeter scoring.

Ukic is looking very promising in Europe as a PG.

Joey is trade filler but he does have some potential if he could just improve his BBall IQ.

Maggette is by far the best player in the trade but he's a risky UFA.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers