ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 47: LA Clippers (15-31) VS Toronto Raptors (26-21)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#61 » by mkwest » Sat Feb 9, 2008 2:44 am

Maggette was the man once again. He put up 35 points (9-15 FG, 5-5 3PT, 12-13 FT) and 9 rebounds. He had his own share of T/Os but he is the reason why we won this game. :clap: He's put up 30+ in 3 out of his las 4 (19 in the game right after returning from the flu) and has drained 11 of his last 13 3's. Ba da ba ba ba I'm loving it. Keep up the good work Corey.

It's been a long time since we've had a Kaman Double Double and it was great to see him tally another one with 16 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks. He also had 3 dunks in the game. When is the last time Chris had 3 dunks in the game? I'm glad the coaches have been in his ear about finishing with authority because it was a much different performance than what we've seen out of him lately.

Mobley had a few possessions when he settled for poor shot selection but he did have some big shots fall and I like how he turned it around in the 2nd half. 19 points (3-4 3pt).

Al Thornton had some ups and some downs but came through big in the 4th quarter to finish with 19 points & 9 rebounds. He's gotta hit those free-throws though. I love it when he shows his confidence and calls for the ball and takes it to the defender even if it's the other team's star player. He had some really nice dunks in college so it's good to see him showing a little bit of that with the Clippers. This and the dunk against Smoove are the 2 best so far.

If anybody missed the game it will re-air on KTLA at 2AM.
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#62 » by mj_shoefanatic » Sat Feb 9, 2008 2:52 am

mkwest wrote:
If anybody missed the game it will re-air on KTLA at 2AM.

In that case then it looks like I'll be up a little late tonight since I'm still @ work and missed the game. :thumbsup:
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#63 » by 99 Problems » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:44 am

You guys are good... we suck.. Thornton is sick... good game...
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#64 » by illastrate » Sat Feb 9, 2008 10:51 am

Man, the fans on the Raptors are raving about Maggs. There's a thread about trading for him.

But Thornton was the key tonite, it was sick the way he was shakin and bakin Bosh, esp. that ill throw down!
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#65 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sat Feb 9, 2008 5:01 pm

great game last night. it's hard to win games when you have 12 more turnovers than your opponent. and if sam had played tonight and took his usual ten shots, some of which likely won't be good ones, we might not have pulled this one out. this is one of the reasons i like brevin knight and hope he'll be around next season. he didn't dish out many assists last night but he's stable, and when you have three turnover prone players on your team such as kaman, maggette and thornton, having knight in there for cassell might not be as bad as it seems.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#66 » by mkwest » Sat Feb 9, 2008 9:43 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:and if sam had played tonight and took his usual ten shots, some of which likely won't be good ones, we might not have pulled this one out. this is one of the reasons i like brevin knight and hope he'll be around next season. he didn't dish out many assists last night but he's stable, and when you have three turnover prone players on your team such as kaman, maggette and thornton, having knight in there for cassell might not be as bad as it seems.

I agree. This thought definitely crossed my mind. This particular game was probably a better one to be without Sam. If Sam was playing he definitely would have gotten his shots, Maggette probably wouldn't have had 35 points, Kaman wouldn't have gotten as many touches down low and Thornton doesn't have the opportunity to put up 19. I love how the guys responded after falling behind.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#67 » by ClipperDomination » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 am

Didn't get the chance to watch the game, but glad we finally got a road W!

Return to Los Angeles Clippers