And1: 5,728

Arenas Co-signs Thornton's Mentality 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:20 am

Gilbert Arenas wrote:We saw what Al Thornton did when he found out he didn
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#2 » by ClipperDomination » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:26 am

That's great stuff from Gilbert. He's speaking the truth.
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#3 » by adiedanny » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:24 am

Why is he the only person writing about this? I tell you we get no respect even when we win or Al has a great dunk, no highlights or news flashes on espn but when we lose they write about it no matter who we play. More important, why is Arenas paying attention to Al and The Clippers. Kind of makes you think, hmmm.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by mkwest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 am

ClipperDomination wrote:That's great stuff from Gilbert. He's speaking the truth.

Love him or hate him, he always says what's on his mind. That's what I love about Gil. Thornton said he wasn't too bothered that he didn't make it but I think he was clearly expecting to be on the team. What I really liked is that Al didn't get bent out of shape or make much of a fuss, but his teammates did. Even though the guys have been "unhappy" with the losing, it was refreshing to see that they still had each other's backs.

Al is averaging 17.9ppg & 5.25rpg in the last 8 games (since being snubbed).
remixer2017
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by remixer2017 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 am

I love what Gilbert said and no one ever says anything positive about the clippers. i watch espn for like 2-3 hrs. a day and no one ever gives us respect even if we do win the game. the only time they talk about us this year is when dunleavy and sterling got into a little controntation. man, gilbert arenas always keeps it real and always speaks his mind. you know what i hope gilbert comes to the clippers in the offseason and asks us for a contract. he is from LA so why not??? I also got to give props to Charles Barkley because last year he had faith in the clippers making the playoffs when no one else did. he also keeps it real. Al keep on doing what you do cuz all of us in Clipper Nation are loving to watch you blossom into an all-star.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by mkwest » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:05 am

It was good to see Barkley acknowledge Thornton being snubbed from the rookie sophomore game. He called it a "travesty." He'll be there next year though. I can see him ending the season on the All-Rookie team and hopefully stealing a few votes for Rookie of the year. I like Horford over Durant for the award but it would be nice to see Al get some love.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#7 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Agreed MK, Barkley always seem to bring attention to the little things. I still don't see how some of those other rookies were put in the game. My cousin was surprised that Mike Conley was chosen for the rookie team.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by mkwest » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:59 pm

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Agreed MK, Barkley always seem to bring attention to the little things. I still don't see how some of those other rookies were put in the game. My cousin was surprised that Mike Conley was chosen for the rookie team.

Barkley has given us a little bit of praise and some bashing in the past. It's always great when he gives our players kudos though. Conley was there because of the guard situation. There weren't really any other guards besides JCN. Maybe Al would have made it if there were 10 players. I'm certain he would have played better than some other forwards on the team.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#9 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:26 am

thornton would have been a lot of fun to watch last night and i was proud to hear barkley say there is one omission from this game and it's al thornton.

and i definitley like hearing we are in gil's radar. if he's excited about our players, almost came here in the first place and if he feels like he's not wanted in washington with the wiz playing good ball w/o him, it's a good formula for gilbert arenas wearing a clippers jersey next season. who knows?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers