Community Thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: Community Thread 

Post#881 » by mkwest » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Happy Father's day to the dads on here. I hope you guys are having an amazing day with your children. :)
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#882 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:05 am

Fyi clippersstore.com has a lot of stuff on sale right now, up to 80% off
Just bought $465 worth of stuff for $97. Nice summer sale for those like myself who can't purchase Clipper gear in stores.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#883 » by nickhx2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 am

awe the stuff I wanted sold out. thanks anyway though
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: Community Thread 

Post#884 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:30 pm

nickhx2 wrote:awe the stuff I wanted sold out. thanks anyway though

Ya a couple other things I wanted were sold out too. I noticed the email from them early in the day so was able to snag some stuff.
JayClips92
Junior
And1: 147

Post#885 » by JayClips92 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:Fyi clippersstore.com has a lot of stuff on sale right now, up to 80% off
Just bought $465 worth of stuff for $97. Nice summer sale for those like myself who can't purchase Clipper gear in stores.

Got myself a DJ jersey for $26, normally $130!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: Community Thread 

Post#886 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 pm

JayClips92 wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:Fyi clippersstore.com has a lot of stuff on sale right now, up to 80% off

Got myself a DJ jersey for $26, normally $130!

Nice! I did the same with Blake. And got a pair of the authentic black shorts, normally about $180, for $35. Plus a couple shirts and hats, and a onesie for my child due in January.
Overall a great savings. Nice to splurge and get some new gear at a great discount
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#887 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Hey, guys. I just started working for a car broker, so I'm mentioning it here for any interest. For anyone doesn't know what they do, they're essentially car wholesalers/car buying consultants who streamline the entire process of purchasing a car. Moreover a broker aims to find a dealer who's willing to offer the lowest price possible to facilitate a sale, and ideally when the dealer is willing to take minimal profits or even a loss on their end to complete the deal.

My sister recently got a new car through the broker (who was her old boss at best buy and now the guy i'm working with) and we got my aunt a lexus last week. Both saved thousands each off of MSRP and all the legwork was handled via the broker, with minimal dealer interaction. Because there's no dealer, there's no upsell, no negotiations, no mystery add ons, no salespeople to bother you. When I went with my aunt last wed, we spent like 2 hours test driving cars and then like 15 minutes looking at the colors she liked. Nobody tried to sell us anything, because with a broker in tow they're not allowed to lol. With a broker, all the dealer really does is provide the car for sale at a substantially lower price than normal, provided the credit checks out strong enough.

Anyway, that day we spent a couple hours there, got her credit checked for approval, went home and waited until the call came through. Broker says "ok it's approved, do you want the car?" Aunt said yes, gardened and did whatever stuff at home for a while, then the broker delivered the car to the house later that night. That was it. My aunt's responsibilities ended at whether she wanted the car or not, and WRT the broker fees, that's all handled by the dealer. So if there's a sale, the dealer and the broker work out a fee for facilitating the sale. If nothing happens, then nothing happens. If i'm helping someone and we end up not getting anything done, i come home and i browse realgm lol

SO. If anyone's interested or knows someone who might have interest, feel free to send me a message here to get my phone, or email me at nickhx2@yahoo.com. Cars ship, also, so if someone's out of state it's all good. I have a friend in NY who is pretty close to finalizing everything once he decides between the last couple cars. The only thing I ask is that you know where you stand in terms of timeline. The reason is that dealer program offers change constantly. So if we work a quote for you for this month, that is extremely unlikely to be there for you half a year down the line because those programs/offers/incentives change constantly. So if you want a ballpark, we can do that for you, no problem. But if you know you're ready to roll seriously, then we'll do it like that.

And of course feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure i missed something. And if this post is in violation of the board rules, I apologize and please go ahead and nuke my post, mods!

The yelp link here btw as the site is not yet complete.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/empire-motor-group-los-angeles
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#888 » by Neddy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 am

nickhx2 wrote:Hey, guys. I just started working for a car broker and I was hoping to mention it here and see if there was any interest. For anyone doesn't know what they do, they're essentially car wholesalers/car buying consultants who streamline the entire process of purchasing a car. Moreover a broker aims to find a dealer who is willing to offer the lowest price possible in order to facilitate a sale, and generally when the dealer is willing to take a loss on their end to complete that sale (which of course is optimal for the buyer).

My sister just recently got a new car through the broker (who was her old boss at best buy and now the guy i'm working with) and we got my aunt a lexus last week. Both saved thousands each off of MSRP and all the legwork was handled via the broker, with minimal dealer interaction. So there's no upsells, no negotiations, no mystery add ons, no salespeople to even bother you. When I went with my aunt last wed, we spent like 2 hours test driving cars and then like 15 minutes looking at the colors she liked. Nobody even tried to sell us anything, because with a broker in tow they're not allowed to lol. With a broker, all the dealer really does is provide the car for sale at a substantially lower price than usual, provided the credit checks out strong enough.

Anyway, basically that day we spent a couple hours there, got her credit checked for approval, went home and waited until the call came through. Broker says "ok it's approved, do you want the car?" Aunt said yes, gardened and did whatever stuff at home for a while, then the broker delivered the car to the house later that night. After that we were all done. My aunt's responsibilities ended at whether she wanted the car or not, and WRT the broker fees, that's all handled by the dealer. So if there's a sale, the dealer and the broker work out a fee for facilitating the sale. If nothing happens, then nothing happens. If i'm helping someone and we end up not getting anything done, i come home and i browse realgm lol

SO. Not to beat around the bush, but if anyone's interested or knows someone who is, feel free to send me a message here to get my phone, or email me at nickhx2@yahoo.com, and the yelp link is at the bottom as the site is not yet complete. Cars ship, also, so if someone's out of state it's all good. I have a friend in NY who is pretty close to finalizing everything once he decides between the last couple cars. And of course feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure i missed something. And if this post is in violation of the board rules, I apologize and please go ahead and nuke my post, mods!

yo I gotta get a car for my daughter fairly soon, within 18 months at the longest. I live in Oregon. how does LA's car broker can help me here? honest question.
ehhhhh f it.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#889 » by nickhx2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:56 am

Neddy wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:Hey, guys. I just started working for a car broker and I was hoping to mention it here and see if there was any interest. For anyone doesn't know what they do, they're essentially car wholesalers/car buying consultants who streamline the entire process of purchasing a car. Moreover a broker aims to find a dealer who is willing to offer the lowest price possible in order to facilitate a sale, and generally when the dealer is willing to take a loss on their end to complete that sale (which of course is optimal for the buyer).

My sister just recently got a new car through the broker (who was her old boss at best buy and now the guy i'm working with) and we got my aunt a lexus last week. Both saved thousands each off of MSRP and all the legwork was handled via the broker, with minimal dealer interaction. So there's no upsells, no negotiations, no mystery add ons, no salespeople to even bother you. When I went with my aunt last wed, we spent like 2 hours test driving cars and then like 15 minutes looking at the colors she liked. Nobody even tried to sell us anything, because with a broker in tow they're not allowed to lol. With a broker, all the dealer really does is provide the car for sale at a substantially lower price than usual, provided the credit checks out strong enough.

Anyway, basically that day we spent a couple hours there, got her credit checked for approval, went home and waited until the call came through. Broker says "ok it's approved, do you want the car?" Aunt said yes, gardened and did whatever stuff at home for a while, then the broker delivered the car to the house later that night. After that we were all done. My aunt's responsibilities ended at whether she wanted the car or not, and WRT the broker fees, that's all handled by the dealer. So if there's a sale, the dealer and the broker work out a fee for facilitating the sale. If nothing happens, then nothing happens. If i'm helping someone and we end up not getting anything done, i come home and i browse realgm lol

SO. Not to beat around the bush, but if anyone's interested or knows someone who is, feel free to send me a message here to get my phone, or email me at nickhx2@yahoo.com, and the yelp link is at the bottom as the site is not yet complete. Cars ship, also, so if someone's out of state it's all good. I have a friend in NY who is pretty close to finalizing everything once he decides between the last couple cars. And of course feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure i missed something. And if this post is in violation of the board rules, I apologize and please go ahead and nuke my post, mods!

yo I gotta get a car for my daughter fairly soon, within 18 months at the longest. I live in Oregon. how does LA's car broker can help me here? honest question.

Hey. Basically cars can be shipped for a fee. You just have to figure out if what you save on the car with the broker is better than going to the dealer to grab it in person yourself, which should be the case if a broker can get you the car for under invoice (dealer selling at loss). For my friend in NY i believe it'll be 500, i'm not sure how much oregon would be.

The other thing is some states are a little finicky with car registration and shipping but as soon as i possibly can i'll get all the details for you and let you know exactly how the process would work.

send you a PM soon! let me know if you have anymore questions!
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#890 » by nickhx2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:01 am

Also sorry i forgot to add. For my friend in NY, because we're here in LA and not over there, he basically had to go test drive cars on his own, whereas if he were here we'd handle that all for him. Though technically if you already you know what you want you don't even have to step foot into the dealership.

So basically on your end you can schedule test drives if you like and decide what make/model/color and then we go from there. Also I probably better edit my post to add this but we work with newer cars so if it's too far back on years it'd be unlikely we can work on that for anyone looking to buy or lease.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#891 » by Neddy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:32 am

Im looking at Subaru Impreza, non WRX and perhaps a station wagon form of it for my daughter. it is the Northwest where it rains 270 days out of a year, after all.
ehhhhh f it.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#892 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:39 pm

ok. sent you a pm the other night in case you didn't see it with my contact info. are you in portland?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#893 » by Neddy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:32 pm

naw Im about 30 miles south from Portland. and yeah I did get your PM, do you prefer to keep our conversations private? its all good if you do.
ehhhhh f it.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#894 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 am

hey, going forward it's probably best so i don't spam this thread too much.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,834

Post#895 » by Sofia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 am

Hey fam

Just checking in! I promised Neddy I'd be more active this season

:rock:
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Neddy
RealGM

Post#896 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 pm

man I am so sick of the eclipse crowd... my peaceful town in rural Oregon in mid Willamette valley has been littered with an extra million people. they drive like this town is a part of 405 freeway in LA.

:nonono:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#897 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Sofia wrote:Hey fam

Just checking in! I promised Neddy I'd be more active this season

:rock:

come on man, I am 100% expecting your company this season!
ehhhhh f it.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#898 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Neddy wrote:man I am so sick of the eclipse crowd... my peaceful town in rural Oregon in mid Willamette valley has been littered with an extra million people. they drive like this town is a part of 405 freeway in LA.

At least all of the people will be leaving today. I live in a college town where on football weekends you can barely do anything. We never get an extra million people though. Just enjoy the eclipse when it comes.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#899 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:26 am

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:
Neddy wrote:man I am so sick of the eclipse crowd... my peaceful town in rural Oregon in mid Willamette valley has been littered with an extra million people. they drive like this town is a part of 405 freeway in LA.

At least all of the people will be leaving today. I live in a college town where on football weekends you can barely do anything. We never get an extra million people though. Just enjoy the eclipse when it comes.

I am sorry I missed your reply, and yeah that is true. right now we are back to our usual peaceful little town.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#900 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:26 am

hey how about GGG?

is any of you guys watching?
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers