Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Community Thread 

Post#801 » by Neddy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:21 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Point by Point

- I've never known the story to be that Floyd wouldn't take the same test. I have nothing to say about that point because I've never heard that. I just read that Manny didn't want Olympic style testing and somehow that was Floyd's fault.

- Manny isn't the draw that Floyd Mayweather is and his purses aren't as big as Mayweather's purses are either. Every opponent they've shared, Mayweather has made more money than Manny…you know when Manny was coming behind Floyd and trying to beat Floyd's old opponents worse than Floyd did.

Floyd-Oscar 2.4 million PPV buys
Manny-Oscar 1.25 million PPV buys.

Floyd's point this entire time is that since HE is the draw, Manny needs to yield and let Floyd have the bigger share…. the same way Floyd and Manny both let Oscar have the bigger share when they both fought him respectively because Oscar was the draw.

oh and guess what.
the split is 60-40 on this May 2nd fight in favor of….you guessed it….Mayweather.

- It's called negotiating. Floyd's highest take home pay from a fight is $50 million. His first offer is obviously going to be a low ball. Wouldn't you expect Manny's to be high if he came with the first offer? You're supposed to come with a counter-offer. WHAT YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO is say, "50-50" and hang up the phone in his face, preventing further negotiations and then act like it's Floyd's fault.

so the guy who picked up the phone to call you is the one who is ducking you?….this makes sense?
I kid you not…like 2 weeks after that story came out, Manny came on First Take with Skip and Screamin A and told them that he would fight Floyd FOR FREE….FOR EFFIN FREE!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so pardon me if I'm not sympathetic to Manny. He pulls bull moves to stall the fight behind closed doors, then does something different in public to gain sympathy from the fans and make people think Floyd is ducking.

just remember this….the guy who picked up the phone and called him while he was in the Philippines was ducking him. :lol:
like I said, it's a joke

- Floyd hasn't ducked anybody. I still don't know what you're talking about when you say this.

edit:
and De La Hoya didn't lose to Trinidad. The judges punished him for running in the last 3 rounds. At worse, the fight should have been a draw.

first point, playing ignorance to the situation doesn't excuse your opinion, in fact it validates your ignorance.

second, of course the first fight of Oscar vs Floyd draws more PPV because Oscar was still the champ. the next fight against Pac didn't draw as much because Manny was still relatively unknown to American fans and Oscar was done, no longer a champ and lost too many fights by then,

third, Manny is giving up purse now to fight Floyd because he is precisely no longer the draw he once was. he is done. you said it, I said it. Floyd knows it. it only validates my point of WHY FLOYD DIDNT FIGHT MANNY AT HIS BEST? because he has always been, and always will be, a ducking coward.

for your edit. Im pretty sure you watched a youtube video of Oscar vs Trinidad. I watched it live. Oscar lost. and Im his most diehard fan. I call it like i see it. you call it as you see it fit.

1) I was being nice, not pleading ignorance. That's not how the story happened.

2) Manny was NEVER the draw Floyd was ever.

3) I watched that fight with my father and brother because back then, we loved the Golden Boy from East LA. I was 11 years old and my brother and I were heart broken. He was my hero. I have it recorded on VHS tape back at the house in LA…

In these situations of age, it's better to ask.

Sugar Ray Leonard's 1st retirement was in 1982. You're 40. 2015-1982. 33. Ok, so that makes you how old? Ok, so since you keep pulling the age card with me, I'll assume you don't remember anything about Sugar Ray and Hagler.

deal?
ok then.

just like you say you watched Oscar's fight with your dad, so did i with my old man. it doesn't matter what you want to or how you wish to trash it, Marvin Hagler to me, was GOD and left a lifetime of impression and even made me sign up with a boxing gym at a very young age.

do your thing, young lad. i would rather not lose a friendship over a silly sports debate. i know you being a law student and in your twenties, it is impossible not to get worked up. afterall, i was even a bigger egomaniac than anyone then. i will call it a night, but pretty boy is still a dodging and ducking coward. and to you Pac is still some third world trash. good night.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#802 » by Neddy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:28 am

hey just another afterthought and not so heavy handed.

i miss Thomas Hearns and his flicker jab. this is something i haven't seen in ages, just wanted point out something that's been lost for a few decades which at one point was thought to be a great weapon. kinda like the Dempsey roll.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#803 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 am

Ok…let's finish this.

Manny isn't 3rd world trash. I don't believe in that line of thinking. He's just not Floyd's level as a boxer and he never was.

Floyd has never ducked a single fighter in the history of boxing and his entire career bears witness to it.
Amir Khan will be his next fight after he makes mince meat of Pacman…before Khan touches 30. Book it….and you can bump this thread and quote this post years from now if Floyd retires without fighting PRIME Khan.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#804 » by Neddy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Ok…let's finish this.

Manny isn't 3rd world trash. I don't believe in that line of thinking. He's just not Floyd's level as a boxer and he never was.

Floyd has never ducked a single fighter in the history of boxing and his entire career bears witness to it.
Amir Khan will be his next fight after he makes mince meat of Pacman…before Khan touches 30. Book it….and you can bump this thread and quote this post years from now if Floyd retires without fighting PRIME Khan.

do you really think what you are suggesting is so important for me, if I would already have backed down, uncharacteristically and prematurely?

well, still hoping "it" is mutual.

I love boxing. that is something that will never change, as what my opinion is of your favorite current boxer apparently. but if you truly wish to "finish" this, I must say that your pretty boy couldn't possibly finish Ray Mancini's second challenger if they were to clash today.

frankly, I prefer Rocky Graziano over your pretty boy.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#805 » by Neddy » Sun Mar 8, 2015 3:44 pm

spring forward, guys. dont forget to turn your clock
ehhhhh f it.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#806 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:39 am

Hey everyone, I'd like to share something with you guys. It's been a crazy day. My wife went into labor a whole month early and my son was born early this morning. I know I totally missed today's game and glad that we won. I haven't had much sleep, but I'm glad my little guy made it. Hopefully I can get him to root for the Clippers.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#807 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:00 am

Congrats on the birth of your baby boy.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#808 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:02 am

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Hey everyone, I'd like to share something with you guys. It's been a crazy day. My wife went into labor a whole month early and my son was born early this morning. I know I totally missed today's game and glad that we won. I haven't had much sleep, but I'm glad my little guy made it. Hopefully I can get him to root for the Clippers.

hey CONGRATS!!!!! your first baby, man. I remember you telling me about how your wife was pregnant some time ago,

WHAT"S HIS NAME? thanumba3clippersfan?

really tho, Im super happy for you. I remember how nervous and excited I was when my first one was born.
ehhhhh f it.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#809 » by mkwest » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:15 am

Congratulations on the newest edition to the family!

Baby girl is about 2 now right?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#810 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 am

mkwest wrote:Congratulations on the newest edition to the family!

Baby girl is about 2 now right?

ha guess i only remembered the pregnancy part and not the infant, lol my bad.

still, congrats to your family, #2. :D
ehhhhh f it.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#811 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks MK & Neddy, my daughter just turned 3
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#812 » by mkwest » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:58 pm

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Thanks MK & Neddy, my daughter just turned 3

Wow! Time flies.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#813 » by mttwlsn16 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:03 am

Congrats #2 on #2 ! Wish you and your family the best.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#814 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:03 am

Thanks Matt, I'm back from the hospital but since the little guy came early they are still observing him. He should be home soon which would be nice :)
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#815 » by mkwest » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:03 am

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:Thanks Matt, I'm back from the hospital but since the little guy came early they are still observing him. He should be home soon which would be nice :)

Does he have to gain a little weight first? One of my cousins was a premie. I think she was under 4 pounds and they wanted her to get up to about 5 before they let her go home.

I hope y'all get to take "D" home soon :)
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#816 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:07 pm

He's not home yet. The doctors want to monitor him still. He's actually 6 pounds so that's not too bad for being born early. If all goes well he may be able to come home sometime on Monday.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#817 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:24 am

I was supposed to be a May baby. I was born March 23. Believe I spent 2-3 months in the hospital before coming home. Was also sick to the point where the doctors weren't sure if I was coming home at all. But here I am!!!!!

Hopefully you get to bring your little guy home tomorrow #2!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#818 » by Neddy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:32 am

yeah especially nowadays its no big deal.

I spent the first month of my life in an incubator too, while we are at it.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#819 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 am

You guys wore helmets as pups?
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#820 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:25 am

Just wanted to wish myself a happy 26th birthday. Carry on.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers