ImageImageImageImageImage

Does Baron care about being the best he can be?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

spurket
Junior
And1: 0

Does Baron care about being the best he can be? 

Post#1 » by spurket » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:19 am

He has talent but does he have the desire to be a leader and do whatever it takes to win?
CLiPPzWeRD12
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Does Baron care about being the best he can be? 

Post#2 » by CLiPPzWeRD12 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:01 am

Nope
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#3 » by mkwest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

He didn't put forth much of an effort this season at all. That's saying it nicely. He had a few stretches where it looked like he cared, then soon after it would look like that stretch was just a mirage. If he's here and our point guard next season, then all I can do is hope. He has said a lot of things that one would like to believe, but it's up to him to live up to those words. He does not deserve the benefit of the doubt, he hasn't earned that. We'll see if there's any change when training camp/preseason rolls around.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#4 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:34 pm

What I think Baron needs for us to be effective is if we are competitive. There were a few games where he played like the Baron we all remember. I believe it starts with him to get our team to compete and hopefully he's motivated for next seasons.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
ClipperEric
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#5 » by ClipperEric » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:40 pm

I don't care what he needs. I just never want to see him in a Clipper jersey again.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#6 » by SportsFan215 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 pm

The Clippers need to rebuild this team with a bunch a guys with great work ethics, starting with EJ. I want the kind of guys that will stay after practice for a hour or two, working on their game. I would be stoked if we could get Blake Griffin, along with EJ.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#7 » by mkwest » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am

SportsFan215 wrote:The Clippers need to rebuild this team with a bunch a guys with great work ethics, starting with EJ. I want the kind of guys that will stay after practice for a hour or two, working on their game. I would be stoked if we could get Blake Griffin, along with EJ.

You hit the nail on the head imo. That's a huge reason why I want Griffin aside from the obvious reasons. We need players that have a mature and responsible work ethic, and that are going to focus on basketball. There's still hope for Gordon, but he needs to be surrounded by more players that actually care about winning/improving. Personality & swagger are nice attributes and could be very beneficial, but not if you're going to let the Udrihs, Bareas, Morrows, (Will) Bynums, etc. look like all-stars against you.

I like Rubio and would be thrilled if we ended up with him; but unfortunately I would assume that him leading by example would be received differently than Griffin in a similar situation.
jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#8 » by jflipclip » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:17 am

This ain't his system, that's the problem.
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#9 » by Sid the Squid » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:21 am

jflipclip wrote:This ain't his system, that's the problem.
That's not the problem..BlackSanta played like dog sh*t for the warriors the final 4 months of last season...
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,540

Post#10 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:46 am

His problem is that he let himself get out of shape and that's why he looked so awful this season
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#11 » by ClipperDomination » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:10 am

He doesn't care about basketball anymore, especially since he doesn't get along with his coach.

All he cares about is being in his hometown, in Hollywood, and making big bucks for putting forth almost no effort.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 357

Post#12 » by Det the Threat » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:28 pm

I don't care if Baron cares about him being the bast player he can be.

I just want him gone.
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,253

Post#13 » by GuyverX » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Call me crazy but I think Baron will come back in good condition next season. So much has been made about him being out of shape that if he doesn't, people are really going to pick him apart for not caring and sticking with his commitment to playing here. It took him a while to excel at Golden State and I guess the same applies here. I'm not ready to say the BD experiment is a complete failure after 1 year. 2 years in a row though...

What we really need to do is figure out the Camby/Kaman/Randolph situation. Randolph is a mess off the court, Kaman is a mess on the court and Camby is one step closer to retirement. Which do we keep? There must be a move.
Jcrawford11
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#14 » by Jcrawford11 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:29 pm

u people fail to realize this hole season he has been filming a movie this is all a joke!
jflipclip
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#15 » by jflipclip » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:23 am

Sid the Squid wrote:
jflipclip wrote:This ain't his system, that's the problem.
That's not the problem..BlackSanta played like dog sh*t for the warriors the final 4 months of last season...

Good point.

He seems to care to voice his frustration, but beyond that and trying to fix things... I guess we have to give it some time. He's in a completely different role in Dunleavy's system, that's for sure, and I'm sure it's contributing to his ineffectiveness.

I still say fire Dunleavy. That's the best way to motivate the team, refresh them with a new, perhaps younger, coach.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers