ImageImageImage

1 month from the draft, Bucs full 7 round mock draft....

Moderator: craig01

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

1 month from the draft, Bucs full 7 round mock draft.... 

Post#1 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm

The draft is in 29 days.

Rd 1) RB Dalvin Cook/Christian McCaffery - whoever is available at 19
Rd 2) S Obi Melifonwu
Rd 3) DE Jordan Willis
Rd 4) TE Michael Roberts
Rd 5) QB Joshua Dobbs
Rd 6) WR Artavis Scott
Rd 7) CB Demetrious Cox

With the addition of WR DeSean Jackson and the speed he brings, I think it would be great if the Bucs could add a speedy do it all RB like Cook or McCaffery. Talk about an explosive offense. :o
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Re: 1 month from the draft, Bucs full 7 round mock draft.... 

Post#2 » by Cammo101 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:10 pm

I'd be pretty happy if it played out like this. The first two rounds feel pretty spot on, though don't sleep on Njoku in the first and either signing AP or drafting someone like Mixon or Foreman in the 2nd or 3rd. Not a huge fan of Roberts in the 4th, I'd prefer Jonnu Smith or Saubert in that spot if that is where we take a TE. Also, I think Willis eventually finds his way into the 2nd round. I'd also prefer to take a WR in the 5th and not worry about a late round QB flier.

But, for the most part I could see something pretty similar to this happening. It hits the needs.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm

Cammo101 wrote:I'd be pretty happy if it played out like this. The first two rounds feel pretty spot on, though don't sleep on Njoku in the first and either signing AP or drafting someone like Mixon or Foreman in the 2nd or 3rd. Not a huge fan of Roberts in the 4th, I'd prefer Jonnu Smith or Saubert in that spot if that is where we take a TE. Also, I think Willis eventually finds his way into the 2nd round. I'd also prefer to take a WR in the 5th and not worry about a late round QB flier.

But, for the most part I could see something pretty similar to this happening. It hits the needs.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm still nervous that the Bucs didn't sign a vet QB. Winston goes down, we are screwed. I'm taking a QB late, because we need to groom one to be a serviceable back up to Winston. I am not confident in Griffin or Renfree, should Winston get injured.

I'd be on board with AP, but he must lower his price. I'm not big on Foreman and I'd like to stay away from Mixon. I'm not sure Licht would draft him, ASJ had troubles in college, and they followed him to the NFL.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#4 » by Cammo101 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:I'd be pretty happy if it played out like this. The first two rounds feel pretty spot on, though don't sleep on Njoku in the first and either signing AP or drafting someone like Mixon or Foreman in the 2nd or 3rd. Not a huge fan of Roberts in the 4th, I'd prefer Jonnu Smith or Saubert in that spot if that is where we take a TE. Also, I think Willis eventually finds his way into the 2nd round. I'd also prefer to take a WR in the 5th and not worry about a late round QB flier.

Thanks for the feed back. I'm still nervous that the Bucs didn't sign a vet QB. Winston goes down, we are screwed. I'm taking a QB late, because we need to groom one to be a serviceable back up to Winston. I am not confident in Griffin or Renfree, should Winston get injured.

I'd be on board with AP, but he must lower his price. I'm not big on Foreman and I'd like to stay away from Mixon. I'm not sure Licht would draft him, ASJ had troubles in college, and they followed him to the NFL.

But, draft a QB doesn't solve that problem. If Winston goes down we are still screwed and the rate at which middle round QBs succeed is pretty low. I think Tampa is much better off trying to find a serviceable backup QB with experience, not hoping a guy you draft becomes that guy down the road. 5th rounders player in the NFL all the time, 5th round QBs rarely do, so why waste that pick on a low percentage move?

The market for AP is cool, so he will have to drop his price. And Winston is said to be working out with him and selling him pretty hard on Tampa.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#5 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:51 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

But, draft a QB doesn't solve that problem. If Winston goes down we are still screwed and the rate at which middle round QBs succeed is pretty low. I think Tampa is much better off trying to find a serviceable backup QB with experience, not hoping a guy you draft becomes that guy down the road. 5th rounders player in the NFL all the time, 5th round QBs rarely do, so why waste that pick on a low percentage move?

The market for AP is cool, so he will have to drop his price. And Winston is said to be working out with him and selling him pretty hard on Tampa.

True, I personally wish they brought in Hoyer(probably wants to start,why he went to SF) or Geno Smith on a 1 or 2 yr deal. No thank you to Fitz, I'm sure Romo and Cutler want to start.

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers