ImageImageImageImage

It's Official: Tank Johnson is a Cowboy

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Minhee
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

It's Official: Tank Johnson is a Cowboy 

Post#1 » by Minhee » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:27 pm

So the rumors of him taking a physical is true. The troubled 25 year old guy inked a 2 year deal. This really can't hurt us so hopefully he is determine to prove that we made the right choice. We can definitely use his help. I am happy with this move. Thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3025908
jwa1107
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#2 » by jwa1107 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:03 pm

Nate Jones released; sorry to see a good guy go.
Jones could return to the team should he clear waivers once Tank is put on the suspended list.

now will he play Nov 11th at NYG or Oct 21 vs MIN? and does he start in place of Ratliff?
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#3 » by SMRattler » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:06 pm

He won't start day 1. For sure. But he'll play from day 1. Book it. This spell he'll provide for Ratliff will keep him fresh to reak havoc on 3rd downs. Gaol line and short yardage, just plug the Tank in the middle. I just hope Ratlif doesn't have an injury before then.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:34 am

Tank is still young. Hopefully he keeps his nose clean and just focuses on football. Could be a decent pickup for the Cowboys.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#5 » by SMRattler » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:59 pm

If he stays clean, it could be a steal at the rate we got him. For nothing, no bonus, minimum pay.... huge talent could be a steal and just at the right time since Fergi's days in Dallas are probably over now.

Now we just need to keep him away from his brother, that's how he got his DUI I heard...

f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 67

Post#6 » by f l u r p » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:20 am

jwa1107 wrote:Nate Jones released; sorry to see a good guy go.
Jones could return to the team should he clear waivers once Tank is put on the suspended list.

now will he play Nov 11th at NYG or Oct 21 vs MIN? and does he start in place of Ratliff?

And Jones is back.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#7 » by mhectorgato » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:20 pm

When is Tank going to be available to play?

Is he allowed to practice with the team or participate in any of the team's mid-week activities?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
GiveItToDirk
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#8 » by GiveItToDirk » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:09 pm

the best thing about this is that half-way thru the season this young, stout defensive player will be totally fresh
f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 67

Post#9 » by f l u r p » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:37 am

mhectorgato wrote:When is Tank going to be available to play?

Is he allowed to practice with the team or participate in any of the team's mid-week activities?

November 11 (Giants) assuming the original, full, 8 game suspension holds.

Goodell had said previously that the suspension could be reduced by as many as 2 games if Tank behaved. He did however get that speeding ticket that made big news, so it's unlikely we'll see him before 11/11.

He can't have any contact with the team. He can, as far as I know, use the workout facilities on his own and can work with Calvin Hill, our "troubled star coach".
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#10 » by mhectorgato » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:13 am

f l u r p wrote:November 11 (Giants) assuming the original, full, 8 game suspension holds.

Goodell had said previously that the suspension could be reduced by as many as 2 games if Tank behaved. He did however get that speeding ticket that made big news, so it's unlikely we'll see him before 11/11.

He can't have any contact with the team. He can, as far as I know, use the workout facilities on his own and can work with Calvin Hill, our "troubled star coach".

Thanks for the run down.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Dallas Cowboys