ImageImageImageImage

2016 Draft - Never too early

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: 2016 Draft - Never too early 

Post#261 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm

HMFFL wrote:Bosa getting selected early must have made many of you happen.
It seemed as if every mock had him falling to us.

Made me ecstatic. I don't think they would have taken him anyway but I'm still surprised he went at #3. You wonder if the Bolts were considering Tunsil before all of his chaos bubbled up.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,312

Post#262 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:17 pm

I read earlier yesterday that SD wanted him.
I had to see it to believe it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#263 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 pm

I was all in on Buckner. 49ers got a really good difference maker. Ramsey was my second choice due to our awful situation with our defense. I was surprised we took Elliot. But Jerry has been fooling me 85% of the time since he took over the team.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,197

Post#264 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:47 pm

McFadden is likely the odd man out. He's 29, has a minimum contract and is injury prone. He also does not play special teams. Also, he has a $2 mil bonus coming up. Even if they do end up keeping him I bet he still gets cut at the end of camp and is resigned after the first game so that his contract will not be guaranteed.

Dunbar is another guy that likely won't make the team. Can't stay healthy and can't play ST. There are two guys still on the board that I know they really like. If they fall to one of their lower 6th round picks I would not be surprised if they draft one (Dixon or Paul Perkins) to replace Dunbar/McFadden.

Morris will be the primary backup to Zeke. I expect Morris to get about 10 carries a game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#265 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Mr B wrote:McFadden is likely the odd man out. He's 29, has a minimum contract and is injury prone. He also does not play special teams. Also, he has a $2 mil bonus coming up. Even if they do end up keeping him I bet he still gets cut at the end of camp and is resigned after the first game so that his contract will not be guaranteed.

Dunbar is another guy that likely won't make the team. Can't stay healthy and can't play ST. There are two guys still on the board that I know they really like. If they fall to one of their lower 6th round picks I would not be surprised if they draft one (Dixon or Paul Perkins) to replace Dunbar/McFadden.

Morris will be the primary backup to Zeke. I expect Morris to get about 10 carries a game.

Fair assessment although I don't think there's a chance Dixon gets out of the 4th round. It's funny to me how people keep using McFadden as a reason not to invest in a RB. As a closet Raiders fan, I know first hand the folly in thinking he is to be trusted. And - that $2M shouldn't be overlooked either.

I still think Dunbar contributes. But it'll be in the second half of the season. He's not going to be ready for Game 1.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#266 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 pm

McFadden won't go anywhere. Jerry loves those Arkansas boys and RB's. How many has he brought in from Arkansas over the years? And have any of them worked out? Are there anymore RB's from Arkansas in this years draft Jerry can still draft in round 4? Hey, he might go tight end again. Better yet, lets just play football with offense, the hell with the defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#267 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
Mr B wrote:McFadden is likely the odd man out. He's 29, has a minimum contract and is injury prone. He also does not play special teams. Also, he has a $2 mil bonus coming up. Even if they do end up keeping him I bet he still gets cut at the end of camp and is resigned after the first game so that his contract will not be guaranteed.

Fair assessment although I don't think there's a chance Dixon gets out of the 4th round. It's funny to me how people keep using McFadden as a reason not to invest in a RB. As a closet Raiders fan, I know first hand the folly in thinking he is to be trusted. And - that $2M shouldn't be overlooked either.

I still think Dunbar contributes. But it'll be in the second half of the season. He's not going to be ready for Game 1.

Yea Dunbar definitely will not be ready for game 1. He likely starts the season on the PUP list. Dunbar's contract is also not guaranteed this year. Even if they don't draft a guy they still have Ben Malena on the Practice Squad that could end up replacing Dunbar.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#268 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:McFadden won't go anywhere. Jerry loves those Arkansas boys and RB's. How many has he brought in from Arkansas over the years? And have any of them worked out? Are there anymore RB's from Arkansas in this years draft Jerry can still draft in round 4? Hey, he might go tight end again. Better yet, lets just play football with offense, the hell with the defense.

Really? Answer your own question... How many Arkansas players has Jerry drafted since he bought the team?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#269 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Maybe its just me. I think we don't spend enough time on the offense. Lets go all out on offense this year. Its the best way to go and has been the traditional winning formula since day 1.

Return to Dallas Cowboys