ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

User avatar
Fierce1
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,778
And1: 3,222
Joined: Jan 31, 2021
   

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#481 » by Fierce1 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:57 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I feel so much better about things after this performance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A win in Kansas City would be huge!
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#482 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:58 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I feel so much better about things after this performance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A win in Kansas City would be huge!

You are absolutely right. IMHO this is a must win for us. Not in the sense of the division or playoffs race, but something more important than that. A [b]hall mark win[/b] is something that has eluded since 1996.
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#483 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:35 pm

McCarthy is just as bad as Garrett when it comes to in game adjustments. We are in trouble.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,865
And1: 2,184
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#484 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:McCarthy is just as bad as Garrett when it comes to in game adjustments. We are in trouble.

I still think the Cowboys will be ok. That loss wasn’t on MM. that loss was because the Dallas OL got their asses whipped again (like against Denver).
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#485 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:McCarthy is just as bad as Garrett when it comes to in game adjustments. We are in trouble.

I still think the Cowboys will be ok. That loss wasn’t on MM. that loss was because the Dallas OL got their asses whipped again (like against Denver).

Just o.k.? When have the true blue Cowboy fans from way back ever settled for us being o.k.? Not me. We haven't had a huge hallmark win since our 1996 season. Can you name me a hallmark we have had the past 20 years were we can say to ourselves that we have arrived? :dontknow: :thinking:
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,865
And1: 2,184
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#486 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:McCarthy is just as bad as Garrett when it comes to in game adjustments. We are in trouble.

I still think the Cowboys will be ok. That loss wasn’t on MM. that loss was because the Dallas OL got their asses whipped again (like against Denver).

Just o.k.? When have the true blue Cowboy fans from way back ever settled for us being o.k.? Not me. We haven't had a huge hallmark win since our 1996 season. Can you name me a hallmark we have had the past 20 years were we can say to ourselves that we have arrived? :dontknow: :thinking:

You can’t say you’ve arrived until you’ve actually won something. That’s why I haven’t been saying the Cowboys are SB bound. They are more likely to get blown out in the 1st round again as opposed to actually winning a playoff game. They haven’t won **** in 25 years so until they actually do there is no reason to expect anything different.

But as far as where the team is now, yea they’re ok. Doesn’t matter how I feel about the team or how you feel about the team that’s just a fact of where they’re at right now. They’re still a good team they just need to prove in the playoffs that they’re better than ok. Until then I’m going to continue to expect them to be what they’ve been over the last 2 and half decades.
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#487 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I still think the Cowboys will be ok. That loss wasn’t on MM. that loss was because the Dallas OL got their asses whipped again (like against Denver).

Just o.k.? When have the true blue Cowboy fans from way back ever settled for us being o.k.? Not me. We haven't had a huge hallmark win since our 1996 season. Can you name me a hallmark we have had the past 20 years were we can say to ourselves that we have arrived? :dontknow: :thinking:

You can’t say you’ve arrived until you’ve actually won something. That’s why I haven’t been saying the Cowboys are SB bound. They are more likely to get blown out in the 1st round again as opposed to actually winning a playoff game. They haven’t won **** in 25 years so until they actually do there is no reason to expect anything different.

But as far as where the team is now, yea they’re ok. Doesn’t matter how I feel about the team or how you feel about the team that’s just a fact of where they’re at right now. They’re still a good team they just need to prove in the playoffs that they’re better than ok. Until then I’m going to continue to expect them to be what they’ve been over the last 2 and half decades.

Very refreshing to have a Cowboy fan that feels the same way as me. I've been waiting for the shoe to drop for about a month now. Losing 2 of the last 3 games is starting to feel like the past 18 years. Cream of the crop teams start coming to the top in November and December. Its been a very long time since we were a dominate team in November and December. If Cowboys lose to the Raiders on Thanksgiving, I'm predicting we will struggle the rest of the way just trying to win the division.
Micah Prescott
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 58
Joined: Aug 25, 2021
     

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#488 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 pm

The Chiefs loss doesn't bother me that much because Smith/Lamb/Cooper out is a blatant enormous loss. If just one of those are out okay, but all 3 is just too much offense to lose. That's basically 3 probowlers gone.

It looks like we will be playing the Raiders with Lamb and Smith back...so if we lose that game it will absolutely be discouraging.

As far as "we have not won in 25 years so I'm not expecting it now" goes. It's fine to have that train of thought but what happened 25 years ago has no bearing on what is happening now. And to me being a true fan is sticking with your team through the good AND the bad. It also just annoys me when other fans start their Cowboy's history at 1996. Such an eye-roller. Why not start our history at 1990 instead?

OR...OR...we look at the start of the franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win%E2%80%93loss_records

Where Dallas is tied #1 overall with Green Bay in win percentage.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,865
And1: 2,184
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#489 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The Chiefs loss doesn't bother me that much because Smith/Lamb/Cooper out is a blatant enormous loss. If just one of those are out okay, but all 3 is just too much offense to lose. That's basically 3 probowlers gone.

It looks like we will be playing the Raiders with Lamb and Smith back...so if we lose that game it will absolutely be discouraging.

As far as "we have not won in 25 years so I'm not expecting it now" goes. It's fine to have that train of thought but what happened 25 years ago has no bearing on what is happening now. And to me being a true fan is sticking with your team through the good AND the bad. It also just annoys me when other fans start their Cowboy's history at 1996. Such an eye-roller. Why not start our history at 1990 instead?

OR...OR...we look at the start of the franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win%E2%80%93loss_records

Where Dallas is tied #1 overall with Green Bay in win percentage.

Don’t get me wrong I will always root for the Cowboys to win. But you’re right in saying that the last 25 years really has nothing to do with this team or this coaching staff this year. This team though hasn’t done squat and still has to prove it to me and to all of the fans that they can get to the SB. Until then I’m not getting my hopes up that they will or can. I’m not predicting how the rest of this season will go, I’m just going to let it play out and see if they can do it or not.

With that said, they SHOULD win this game. The Cowboys are a better team, and are getting back a couple starters at key positions. Also the Raiders are in a nose dive as far as an organization.
Micah Prescott
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 58
Joined: Aug 25, 2021
     

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#490 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The Chiefs loss doesn't bother me that much because Smith/Lamb/Cooper out is a blatant enormous loss. If just one of those are out okay, but all 3 is just too much offense to lose. That's basically 3 probowlers gone.

It looks like we will be playing the Raiders with Lamb and Smith back...so if we lose that game it will absolutely be discouraging.

As far as "we have not won in 25 years so I'm not expecting it now" goes. It's fine to have that train of thought but what happened 25 years ago has no bearing on what is happening now. And to me being a true fan is sticking with your team through the good AND the bad. It also just annoys me when other fans start their Cowboy's history at 1996. Such an eye-roller. Why not start our history at 1990 instead?

OR...OR...we look at the start of the franchise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win%E2%80%93loss_records

Where Dallas is tied #1 overall with Green Bay in win percentage.

Don’t get me wrong I will always root for the Cowboys to win. But you’re right in saying that the last 25 years really has nothing to do with this team or this coaching staff this year. This team though hasn’t done squat and still has to prove it to me and to all of the fans that they can get to the SB. Until then I’m not getting my hopes up that they will or can. I’m not predicting how the rest of this season will go, I’m just going to let it play out and see if they can do it or not.

With that said, they SHOULD win this game. The Cowboys are a better team, and are getting back a couple starters at key positions. Also the Raiders are in a nose dive as far as an organization.

I do not EXPECT them to win a SB this year. But I do think it could happen, it's possible. Worse teams have gotten 'hot' come playoff time and won a ring.

As far as this year goes I think beating the Chargers is a good sign. Also beating the Patriots they are 7-4 right now. And also week 1 we went toe-to-toe with the Tampa Bay. Many think Dallas should have won that game. I know it's really weird to view a loss as one of the bright spots but the fact that Dallas proved to be a formidable opponent to Tampa Bay shows me that it is at least possible for Dallas this year if everything falls into place correctly come playoff time.
User avatar
Fierce1
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,778
And1: 3,222
Joined: Jan 31, 2021
   

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#491 » by Fierce1 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:40 am

I think making the NFC championship game will already be a successful season for the Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#492 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:45 pm

Same ****, different year. No way this team is a super bowl contender anymore. This will be another one and done in the playoffs. Can't see a team giving up a franchise record of 166 yards in penalties. Very bad sign this time of year to be that undiciplined. Kellen Moore seems to have lost his play calling magic.
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#493 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 1, 2021 9:36 pm

WE SUCK.
Micah Prescott
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 58
Joined: Aug 25, 2021
     

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#494 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 1, 2021 11:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:WE SUCK.

You're a fair weather fan, worst type of fan. Worse teams than this one have gotten hot come playoff time, just ask Giants fans.

If we do happen to go deep in the post season this year I'll be here to remind you that you think this team sucks.
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#495 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 2, 2021 3:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:WE SUCK.

You're a fair weather fan, worst type of fan. Worse teams than this one have gotten hot come playoff time, just ask Giants fans.

If we do happen to go deep in the post season this year I'll be here to remind you that you think this team sucks.

You came to this conclusion in one year. Wow. You don't even **** know me. I've been a die-hard Cowboy fan since 1970 and if you ever saw my blue room you would never have made such a childish, stupid, idiotic bone head statement. Just because I bash my Cowboys from time to time does not give you the right to call me a fair weather fan. To me the worse Cowboy fans are the ones born in the 90's that can't see what is in front of their own eyes and have absolutely no idea what it really takes to win a Super bowl or NFL Championship. I witnessed a 20 year stretch from 1966 to 1985 that has only been match by the Patriots of recent years. If you think you are ever gonna see another Cowboy super Bowl with Jerry as owner and Gm, your nuts. Jerry will once again put his foot print on ruining this season before it ends, trust me. he's not Clint Murchinson and Mike McCarthy is sure no **** Tom Landry.
Micah Prescott
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 58
Joined: Aug 25, 2021
     

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#496 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:WE SUCK.

You're a fair weather fan, worst type of fan. Worse teams than this one have gotten hot come playoff time, just ask Giants fans.

If we do happen to go deep in the post season this year I'll be here to remind you that you think this team sucks.

You came to this conclusion in one year. Wow. You don't even **** know me. I've been a die-hard Cowboy fan since 1970 and if you ever saw my blue room you would never have made such a childish, stupid, idiotic bone head statement. Just because I bash my Cowboys from time to time does not give you the right to call me a fair weather fan. To me the worse Cowboy fans are the ones born in the 90's that can't see what is in front of their own eyes and have absolutely no idea what it really takes to win a Super bowl or NFL Championship. I witnessed a 20 year stretch from 1966 to 1985 that has only been match by the Patriots of recent years. If you think you are ever gonna see another Cowboy super Bowl with Jerry as owner and Gm, your nuts. Jerry will once again put his foot print on ruining this season before it ends, trust me. he's not Clint Murchinson and Mike McCarthy is sure no **** Tom Landry.

I've seen all I need to see, your type is common you guys make up probably 50% of our fan base. Almost always negative, ALWAYS complaining about Jerry Jones as the bane of everything bad. In this post you have already declared that Dallas will NEVER win a SB with him as GM. Meanwhile in reality land Dallas is a lock to win the NFCE and who knows what will happen in the post season. Maybe 1 and out or maybe something much better. You've already decided 1 and out though.

The ENTIRE PURPOSE of this is for your entertainment. And if you are pulling your hair out year after year over Jerry Jones then you have bypassed that purpose. It's to have fun, enjoy yourself, which usually requires staying positive through the good and bad. The players themselves have to stay positive even after bad losses. Imagine if Dak had your attitude of "We'll never win s@#t we suck!".

Jerry has always been a controversial topic since day 1 of him buying the team. He fired Landry and was hated for that. Went on to win 3 rings. Most NFL owners will never have a history like that. There are NFL owners in this league that don't care about their team at all. There are owners who don't know who their own players are and this is nothing more than an investment for them. Jerry has had some bad moments but I wouldn't trade him Dan Snyder or really the majority of other NFL owners. Had he never purchased the Cowboys we would likely have less rings in our trophy room. Cup is half full is what I'm saying.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,865
And1: 2,184
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#497 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:08 pm

Image
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#498 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 2, 2021 6:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:You're a fair weather fan, worst type of fan. Worse teams than this one have gotten hot come playoff time, just ask Giants fans.

If we do happen to go deep in the post season this year I'll be here to remind you that you think this team sucks.

You came to this conclusion in one year. Wow. You don't even **** know me. I've been a die-hard Cowboy fan since 1970 and if you ever saw my blue room you would never have made such a childish, stupid, idiotic bone head statement. Just because I bash my Cowboys from time to time does not give you the right to call me a fair weather fan. To me the worse Cowboy fans are the ones born in the 90's that can't see what is in front of their own eyes and have absolutely no idea what it really takes to win a Super bowl or NFL Championship. I witnessed a 20 year stretch from 1966 to 1985 that has only been match by the Patriots of recent years. If you think you are ever gonna see another Cowboy super Bowl with Jerry as owner and Gm, your nuts. Jerry will once again put his foot print on ruining this season before it ends, trust me. he's not Clint Murchinson and Mike McCarthy is sure no **** Tom Landry.

I've seen all I need to see, your type is common you guys make up probably 50% of our fan base. Almost always negative, ALWAYS complaining about Jerry Jones as the bane of everything bad. In this post you have already declared that Dallas will NEVER win a SB with him as GM. Meanwhile in reality land Dallas is a lock to win the NFCE and who knows what will happen in the post season. Maybe 1 and out or maybe something much better. You've already decided 1 and out though.

The ENTIRE PURPOSE of this is for your entertainment. And if you are pulling your hair out year after year over Jerry Jones then you have bypassed that purpose. It's to have fun, enjoy yourself, which usually requires staying positive through the good and bad. The players themselves have to stay positive even after bad losses. Imagine if Dak had your attitude of "We'll never win s@#t we suck!".

Jerry has always been a controversial topic since day 1 of him buying the team. He fired Landry and was hated for that. Went on to win 3 rings. Most NFL owners will never have a history like that. There are NFL owners in this league that don't care about their team at all. There are owners who don't know who their own players are and this is nothing more than an investment for them. Jerry has had some bad moments but I wouldn't trade him Dan Snyder or really the majority of other NFL owners. Had he never purchased the Cowboys we would likely have less rings in our trophy room. Cup is half full is what I'm saying.

I stopped pulling my hair out many years ago and have accepted the way things are the hard way. A lock to win the division, :rofl: I still watch every game, still root hard for them every game but I have no high expectations for them. If it happens, great. Just waiting for Jerry to pass away.
Micah Prescott
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 58
Joined: Aug 25, 2021
     

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#499 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Dec 2, 2021 7:07 pm

After Jerry comes Stephen who is already calling a lot of the shots. Both Jerry and Stephen have been drafting lights out in recent years, so much so that we can't even fit it all under the cap. They struck gold again with Parsons and that guy is going to command a massive salary in the not too distant future.

When Jerry brought Parcells in took a back seat to drafting and let Parcells "shop for the groceries" Parcells drafted Bobby Carpenter and a handful of other flops. He was not a good drafter.

Finding a good coach seems to be an issue (although Parcells was one) but in their defense it's not like there are 100 unemployed Bill Belichicks out there looking for a job. I don't like McCarthy either but the options we had were not exciting names at all. Finding an elite coach is really hard, there just aren't many out there who are available. McCarthy at least has a SB win in his name so that is something. At minimum it proves it is possible to win a ring with the guy.

Reality is a CEO and GM can only do so much, they aren't out there on the field and their blame can only go so far. The other reality is that this game has a very high degree of "LUCK". They don't get a 7-game series like the NBA does. A muffed snap can be the difference, or a bad ref call on Brown. This is a game of inches and sometimes the ball doesn't bounce in our favor. That's just the way it is.
bluejerseyjinx
General Manager
Posts: 9,557
And1: 1,749
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#500 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 2, 2021 7:49 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:After Jerry comes Stephen who is already calling a lot of the shots. Both Jerry and Stephen have been drafting lights out in recent years, so much so that we can't even fit it all under the cap. They struck gold again with Parsons and that guy is going to command a massive salary in the not too distant future.

When Jerry brought Parcells in took a back seat to drafting and let Parcells "shop for the groceries" Parcells drafted Bobby Carpenter and a handful of other flops. He was not a good drafter.

Finding a good coach seems to be an issue (although Parcells was one) but in their defense it's not like there are 100 unemployed Bill Belichicks out there looking for a job. I don't like McCarthy either but the options we had were not exciting names at all. Finding an elite coach is really hard, there just aren't many out there who are available. McCarthy at least has a SB win in his name so that is something. At minimum it proves it is possible to win a ring with the guy.

Reality is a CEO and GM can only do so much, they aren't out there on the field and their blame can only go so far. The other reality is that this game has a very high degree of "LUCK". They don't get a 7-game series like the NBA does. A muffed snap can be the difference, or a bad ref call on Brown. This is a game of inches and sometimes the ball doesn't bounce in our favor. That's just the way it is.

The thing I agree with you here is Stephen. He has done a hell of a job for the most part when it comes to drafting. He got us Zack Martin when Jerry wanted to draft Johnny Manziel instead. Our point all along and more proof Jerry is a baffoon. Jerry needs to step away and let Stephen be GM.

Return to Dallas Cowboys