Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,197

Re: 2016 Draft - Never too early 

Post#181 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 5, 2016 12:57 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:And Andrew Billings stock is soaring after the combine. Hall of famer, Bill Polian says he is the best DT and steal of the draft. More music to my ears.

Really? Everything I've seen shows that Billings stock is falling for some reason. Most "experts" that do top 100 player lists have him falling and most mocks I've seen now have him going in the late 1st to early 2nd.
If that's the case, and what you are saying is true, then I may just get what I want. Myles Jack round 1, Andrew Billings round 2. It would be major yee-haa material for me. I would be in heaven. Myles Jack is the best LB in the draft and a top 6 player in the draft. Not only is he a freak of nature LB, but he is great in coverage and can also play safety. What versatility he brings playing next to Sean Lee. Saw some film on Jack recently and he reminds me so much of Hollywood Henderson. Plus it was just reported that Bosa is quite the party animal. I'm all done with those type of players. Myles Jack also has a solid background and is of absolute high character. ONE injury doesn't mean he is injury prone.

If it wasn't for Jack's knee I'd be all on board for taking him. I'm just tired of the Cowboys drafting injury prone players. Having Lee and Jack starting really scares me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#182 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 5, 2016 1:21 am

And I'm sick and tired of drafting low character, high risk thugs. Hopefully the Cowboys will find some common ground for guys like us in the draft that can make us both happy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#183 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 5, 2016 3:07 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:And I'm sick and tired of drafting low character, high risk thugs. Hopefully the Cowboys will find some common ground for guys like us in the draft that can make us both happy.

Agreed! I'm really starting to come around on the DT's. Especially Buckner.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,312

Post#184 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 5, 2016 4:07 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:That figures. Jerry loves the high risk players. That sucks. Just what we need, another party animal.

It's safe to assume that most of the players will participate in the party scene, right?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#185 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 5, 2016 5:15 am

HMFFL wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That figures. Jerry loves the high risk players. That sucks. Just what we need, another party animal.

It's safe to assume that most of the players will participate in the party scene, right?

Most do party however most also know how not to get caught.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#186 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 5, 2016 5:44 am

As someone who put 14 years working in the human service field, I can't find anything healthy to defend these statements. I haven't seen too many positives parting all the time, substance abuse, hanging with the wrong crowds and strip clubs, sorry. If I was making 8 million a year I could find a lot more healthy ways to spend my money and putting myself in poisoning situations and environments. That's just me though.
Mr B
RealGM

2016 Draft - Never too early 

Post#187 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:As someone who put 14 years working in the human service field, I can't find anything healthy to defend these statements. I haven't seen too many positives parting all the time, substance abuse, hanging with the wrong crowds and strip clubs, sorry. If I was making 8 million a year I could find a lot more healthy ways to spend my money and putting myself in poisoning situations and environments. That's just me though.

You use to service humans?

Yea there aren't too many positive living that kind of lifestyle. Especially if people know you have money. You become a target. For most people they can go out and have fun but they know that limit they can't pass. But people like Manziel and Adam Jones (when he was younger) need to just stay their ass at home.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#188 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 5, 2016 6:10 pm

Depends on what you mean by servicing, lol. The way you phrased it made me feel like it was something sexual.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#189 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 7, 2016 6:20 am

Dallas Cowboys news (@dmn_cowboys)
3/6/16, 10:44 PM
Colin Cowherd: Dallas Cowboys have unbelievable leverage in 2016 draft dlvr.it/KjPCJM pic.twitter.com/FBZI2kAGA3
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 7, 2016 7:23 pm

I agree we have great leverage here. I feel there are at least 4 teams desperate for a QB. That's why I posted a few weeks ago we can make out like bandits here if the right deal comes along. WE just need to send Jerry to Guantanamo, Cuba for the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#191 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 am

You guys know anything about this RB from La Tech named Dixon? Heard we are interested in him. Todd McShay went on record last night and said Cowboys WILL Take RB by round 3.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#192 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You guys know anything about this RB from La Tech named Dixon? Heard we are interested in him. Todd McShay went on record last night and said Cowboys WILL Take RB by round 3.

I know he demolished North Texas damn near on his own last year (my grandson goes there) with 6 TD's. I also remember his 99 yard TD from two years ago. You look at his stats and they are impressive. According to my grandson - he passes the eye test too. Above that - it appears he can be a 3 down back. Caught 30+ passes each of the last two years.

87 career TD's is nothing to sneeze at. If he's there on Day 2 it might be hard not to consider him. Reading up just now it appears other teams have noticed him too.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#193 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You guys know anything about this RB from La Tech named Dixon? Heard we are interested in him. Todd McShay went on record last night and said Cowboys WILL Take RB by round 3.

I know he demolished North Texas damn near on his own last year (my grandson goes there) with 6 TD's. I also remember his 99 yard TD from two years ago. You look at his stats and they are impressive. According to my grandson - he passes the eye test too. Above that - it appears he can be a 3 down back. Caught 30+ passes each of the last two years.

87 career TD's is nothing to sneeze at. If he's there on Day 2 it might be hard not to consider him. Reading up just now it appears other teams have noticed him too.

Yea he has the potential to be a 3 down back. I mentioned in another posted that his running style is very similar to McFadden. He can run between the tackles and finishes runs well but he's a much better outside runner. He's also a very good receiver. He's also probably built more like a WR. He's got more of an athletic frame. Not very big in the lower body like a lot of the shorter RB's.

I personally think Devontae Booker from Utah would be a better compliment to McFadden. Booker is more of an inside runner. He's also a very good receiver out of the backfield though. Booker has a similar running style to Arian Foster. A 1 cut runner. He likes to get going downhill fast. Not a lot of dancing around. He is very good though at making guys miss in traffic though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#194 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:43 pm

David Moore (@DavidMooreDMN)
3/11/16, 1:27 PM
No surprise on compensatory picks. Cowboys awarded additional pick in 4th (135), and three in 6th (212, 216, 217).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#195 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:44 pm

Due to Romo's fragile bones, I would put a lot of stock in a RB that can block in blitzing situation. That would be a high priority for me.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#196 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Due to Romo's fragile bones, I would put a lot of stock in a RB that can block in blitzing situation. That would be a high priority for me.

Elliott is the best RB in the draft at blocking and picking up the blitz.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#197 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

Yea he has the potential to be a 3 down back. I mentioned in another posted that his running style is very similar to McFadden. He can run between the tackles and finishes runs well but he's a much better outside runner. He's also a very good receiver. He's also probably built more like a WR. He's got more of an athletic frame. Not very big in the lower body like a lot of the shorter RB's.

I personally think Devontae Booker from Utah would be a better compliment to McFadden. Booker is more of an inside runner. He's also a very good receiver out of the backfield though. Booker has a similar running style to Arian Foster. A 1 cut runner. He likes to get going downhill fast. Not a lot of dancing around. He is very good though at making guys miss in traffic though.

I hope he doesn't fumble like Foster.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

I hope he doesn't fumble like Foster.

I'm not interested in Foster either. That is a status quo signing that brings little to the table. I'm not interested in a "compliment to McFadden" either. If Dixon is sitting there in the 2nd round, I'm perfectly fine taking the kid at that point.

And - I'm with you. 1st round is spent in the D-line if we stay at 4. If we move... all bets are off.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#199 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:50 pm

I read up on this guy over the weekend. He sounds impressive. I never saw him play so he hasn't passed my eye test, so I have to take your guys word on him. I have no problem taking one pick for offense as long as it addresses the RB position. We are in good shape on offense.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#200 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:25 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I read up on this guy over the weekend. He sounds impressive. I never saw him play so he hasn't passed my eye test, so I have to take your guys word on him. I have no problem taking one pick for offense as long as it addresses the RB position. We are in good shape on offense.

I won't mind taking an offensive lineman with one of those supplemental picks. I'm of the opinion you can never go wrong drafting one every year. That's one place where getting old can cost you in a hurry.

As we have seen in the past.

Return to Dallas Cowboys