ImageImageImageImage

2022 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,615

Re: 2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:54 pm

Well this is the point I'm trying to make. The hell with a value pick. I want a stud so we can plug him in at the needed spot and not have to worry about it for 5-7 years and move on to the next need. It sucks that we keep coming back to the same needs to fill year in and year out. Its getting old and these value picks haven't gotten us any closer to what we are looking for and have been looking for. Outside of Lamb and Parsons, we haven't hit on **** the past few years. IMHO Elliot and his contract has turned out to be a bust and it will become ever so clear this upcoming season that Prescott will be a bust. He will never get any better than he already is. He sucks under pressure and is dumber than a door nail. He does not belong in the same pay range as Mahomes, Watson, Allen and Rodgers. We've been duped.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,848

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 7, 2022 4:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well this is the point I'm trying to make. The hell with a value pick. I want a stud so we can plug him in at the needed spot and not have to worry about it for 5-7 years and move on to the next need. It sucks that we keep coming back to the same needs to fill year in and year out. Its getting old and these value picks haven't gotten us any closer to what we are looking for and have been looking for. Outside of Lamb and Parsons, we haven't hit on **** the past few years. IMHO Elliot and his contract has turned out to be a bust and it will become ever so clear this upcoming season that Prescott will be a bust. He will never get any better than he already is. He sucks under pressure and is dumber than a door nail. He does not belong in the same pay range as Mahomes, Watson, Allen and Rodgers. We've been duped.

The only way to get high picks is to suck. The Cowboys we're able to draft Parsons because Dak got hurt.

You could trade for a top 5 pick right now but it would cost you multiple future 1st's. It's just not worth it. Unless you can grab a franchise QB like Mahomes. But there is no Mahomes in this draft. No, Ike is not that guy. :wink:

Desperate teams trade picks for guys like Jamal Adams. You don't want to be a desperate team. :banghead:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 7, 2022 4:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well this is the point I'm trying to make. The hell with a value pick. I want a stud so we can plug him in at the needed spot and not have to worry about it for 5-7 years and move on to the next need. It sucks that we keep coming back to the same needs to fill year in and year out. Its getting old and these value picks haven't gotten us any closer to what we are looking for and have been looking for. Outside of Lamb and Parsons, we haven't hit on **** the past few years. IMHO Elliot and his contract has turned out to be a bust and it will become ever so clear this upcoming season that Prescott will be a bust. He will never get any better than he already is. He sucks under pressure and is dumber than a door nail. He does not belong in the same pay range as Mahomes, Watson, Allen and Rodgers. We've been duped.

The only way to get high picks is to suck. The Cowboys we're able to draft Parsons because Dak got hurt.

You could trade for a top 5 pick right now but it would cost you multiple future 1st's. It's just not worth it. Unless you can grab a franchise QB like Mahomes. But there is no Mahomes in this draft. No, Ike is not that guy. :wink:

Desperate teams trade picks for guys like Jamal Adams. You don't want to be a desperate team. :banghead:

I'm not talking about moving up that high. Just high enough to get Lloyd or Davis. I've wanted to go defense all along. I just believe Ekwonu is the best O-lineman in the game. Its also too bad some of these guys in the top 10 have to go to these horrible franchises.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 7, 2022 5:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I'm not talking about moving up that high. Just high enough to get Lloyd or Davis. I've wanted to go defense all along. I just believe Ekwonu is the best O-lineman in the game. Its also too bad some of these guys in the top 10 have to go to these horrible franchises.

Bad teams usually end up picking high every year.

I like Lloyd a lot. But you can draft good LB's on day two of the draft. It's a good LB class. Also, I didn't know this but apparently Lloyd is old for someone coming out (24). So that's not ideal.

Davis will be picked somewhere in the teens. Good player. But Devonte Wyatt might be better & he could fall.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 7, 2022 5:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The only way to get high picks is to suck. The Cowboys we're able to draft Parsons because Dak got hurt.

Bad teams usually end up picking high every year.

I like Lloyd a lot. But you can draft good LB's on day two of the draft. It's a good LB class. Also, I didn't know this but apparently Lloyd is old for someone coming out (25). So that's not ideal.

Davis will be picked somewhere in the teens. Good player. But Devonte Wyatt might be better & he could fall.

I would be happy if Wyatt fell to us. That Lloyd kid however, plays like a crazed Dog. Love his motor!!!!!! What a beast. What I am most looking for here is to hit on our first two picks so we can focus on other areas next year and not have to come back and address the same issues like we seem to do year after year. its gets so fuc.... old.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,363

Post#26 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 7, 2022 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=mTTS2qshOHgguaPcHzGMcg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:58 pm

Love Jelani Woods. Don't like Kenyon Green at all. Would the Cowboys please focus on actual needs instead of some of these bums.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Love Jelani Woods. Don't like Kenyon Green at all. Would the Cowboys please focus on actual needs instead of some of these bums.

I do think they will draft a TE. Even though they franchised Schultz they will still need another TE. Plus Schultz is only guaranteed to be here for 1 more season. Jerami Woods in the 3rd or 4th round wouldn’t be bad.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#29 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I just believe Ekwonu is the best O-lineman in the game.

Jacksonville should take either him or Neal. But they're in all likelihood going to take either Hutchinson or Walker instead. Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence gets his *** beat.

That's how bad teams usually end up picking high every year.
Mr B
RealGM

2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#30 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Jacksonville should take either him or Neal. But they're in all likelihood going to take either Hutchinson or Walker instead. Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence gets his *** beat.

The latest rumor is Jacksonville is sold on Neal and most of the mocks have him going #1 to Jacksonville. Ekwonu likely ends up with the Texans.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

The latest rumor is Jacksonville is sold on Neal and most of the mocks have him going #1 to Jacksonville. Ekwonu likely ends up with the Texans.

Read on Twitter

1. Walker
2. Hutchinson
3. Ekwonu
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Please not the Texans. That is one franchise that would ruin him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Jacksonville should take either him or Neal. But they're in all likelihood going to take either Hutchinson or Walker instead. Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence gets his *** beat.

Read on Twitter

1. Walker
2. Hutchinson
3. Ekwonu

Don't forget, Lions are still willing to trade away their draft pick. It is my understanding they are listening to offers.
Mr B
RealGM

2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#34 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Jacksonville should take either him or Neal. But they're in all likelihood going to take either Hutchinson or Walker instead. Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence gets his *** beat.

Read on Twitter

1. Walker
2. Hutchinson
3. Ekwonu

Yea I’ve been hearing and seeing a lot of Walker talk. It wouldn’t shock me at all if the Jags took him #1 overall. It wouldn’t be the best pick for them but I can see it happening.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The Texans a wild card in all honesty. There’s really no telling who they will pick.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#36 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The latest rumor is Jacksonville is sold on Neal and most of the mocks have him going #1 to Jacksonville. Ekwonu likely ends up with the Texans.

The Texans a wild card in all honesty. There’s really no telling who they will pick.

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Please not the Texans. That is one franchise that would ruin him.

Read on Twitter

Makes sense for them. They still need a QB though. Outside of WR they need everything.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Can't blame the Jaguars in taking Walker. I think that is who they should take anyway. I would if I was them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:The Texans a wild card in all honesty. There’s really no telling who they will pick.

Read on Twitter

Makes sense for them. They still need a QB though. Outside of WR they need everything.

I kinda like the Mills kid for the Texans. Like you said, Houston has holes everywhere and the QB class is so weak this year why bother there. If I am Houston, I fill a major hole and go with Mills this year. I think they go DE. Their defense was horrid last year. Even GOD couldn't fix that.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#40 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Jerry is a terrible poker player.

Spoiler:
Linderbaum is the guy. :wink:

Return to Dallas Cowboys