ImageImageImageImage

Weekly Game Threads !

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,616

Re: Weekly Game Threads ! 

Post#281 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:54 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I mean what is even the point of being on a forum if you hide from the debates :lol:

Anyway I place Romo under Roger but WAY above White. White's teams won a little in spite of him not because of him. The guy threw 16 INTs in the playoffs.

Dak has a legit chance to be #1 overall.

Generally speaking (very generally) I think athletes have progressed and advanced from the days of old. They are more athletic today, bigger on average, faster on average, just more athletic in general. And that includes QBs. Not only that playbooks have become 10x more complex. Roger was a pretty athletic guy but Troy and White were not at all and not only that they were less accurate throwing that ball. Back then QBs could get away with throwing lots of INTs but that wouldn't fly today. Troy's rookie year was absolutely putrid and in today's game teams won't even give a second chance after a year like that.

Danny White did go to 3 straight NFC Championship games however. Thanks to Gil Brant and some retirements, we began to finally regress after a nice 20 year stretch.
Micah Prescott
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,388

Post#282 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:07 pm

I know the way you guys view Romo (and current Dak) is pretty normal within the Dallas fanbase. I'd say around 50%. I just do not vibe with that routine overly negative pessimistic stance. To me that stance is for Eagle/Giant/Skins fans. There are fans that have done nothing but curse Jerry Jones name for the past 25 years and what fun is that? I feel like so many fans take this too seriously, it's just a game. You know what happens to your life if the Cowboys win a ring?....NOTHING....which is the same thing that happens if they lose. Win or lose the idea is for us fans to have fun and be entertained.

I can see that Dak is playing his heart out and no matter what the outcome is for his entire career I will always view him as a great guy and a talented QB. Unless his play just completely falls off a cliff or something. And that is how I view Romo, he was a very talented QB and he gave it his all and I very much appreciate him for that and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life calling him a homo, there are plenty of Eagle fans for that.

Anyway I'm ready to move on from this back and forth and see what happens this post season. I don't know what to expect any more after the Cards game. Can only hope for the best.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,363

Post#283 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I know the way you guys view Romo (and current Dak) is pretty normal within the Dallas fanbase. I'd say around 50%. I just do not vibe with that routine overly negative pessimistic stance. To me that stance is for Eagle/Giant/Skins fans. There are fans that have done nothing but curse Jerry Jones name for the past 25 years and what fun is that? I feel like so many fans take this too seriously, it's just a game. You know what happens to your life if the Cowboys win a ring?....NOTHING....which is the same thing that happens if they lose. Win or lose the idea is for us fans to have fun and be entertained.

I can see that Dak is playing his heart out and no matter what the outcome is for his entire career I will always view him as a great guy and a talented QB. Unless his play just completely falls off a cliff or something. And that is how I view Romo, he was a very talented QB and he gave it his all and I very much appreciate him for that and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life calling him a homo, there are plenty of Eagle fans for that.

Anyway I'm ready to move on from this back and forth and see what happens this post season. I don't know what to expect any more after the Cards game. Can only hope for the best.

I really think they need to have Parsons blitzing more against the Cards. They only did it a couple of times in the last game and every time they did Parsons was close and Murray threw a bad pass, one of which should have been intercepted in the end zone. Don’t try to get cute by moving Parsons around, just let him attack. If Murray beats you with his legs then so be it, he’s already shown he’s more than capable of beating you with his arm.
Micah Prescott
Assistant Coach

Post#284 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 7, 2022 7:17 pm

Blitz with Parsons but run a "QB spy" with another LB maybe Vander Esch. Seems like a legit plan.

I know why they mix things up with Parsons so much though it's so offenses can't plan around him. They even put Parsons at CB some snaps.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#285 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:44 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:For example, I think I figured out how to ignore Romo’s PR shill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We've had thousands of battles and debates going all the way back to the ESPN and Sportshoopla forums with Tony Homo. Nobody has even come close to making me ever change my mind about choking Tony Homo. And all those older posters like me, you, Mr. B and others all told these young generation Cowboy fans that we would never get to the promised land with Tony. We saw it coming with his reckless style and go for it all mentality. I'm waiting for one of these younger Cowboy fans to try and convince us that Romo was better than Staubach. You watch. These number and analitics will try and find some numbers that say so. I wonder what ever happened to the eye test.

Well, he can chatter away. I won’t see any of his garbage. Romo had a damn good run. But I’ll never place him above Danny White. Put him into one of these modern offenses and he would shine… just like Roger or Troy would. It’s a different game now but the great players of the past would be just fine in it.

Looking back now those damn guys that played back in the 70's really earned their yards, numbers and stats. And the hard way with advantages for defenses back then. And a lot of these wussies today I'm not sure could have last so many years. Do you really think guys like Tom Brady, big Ben or P. Manning could last 20 years playing QB back then?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#286 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:From an outsiders perspective, you guys are way too hard on Romo fwiw. He was good. Not elite. But very good. For whatever reason he just didn't have a ton of luck on his side when it came to postseason success.

You can tell that his Football IQ is off the charts just by listening to him call games.

Would I take him at his best over Wilson at the moment? Yeah, I think I would.

Anyways, please carry on...
No we are not. Stay out of it troll. Romo was a bum that didn't even deserve a mop job. :kissmybutt: :wink:

P.S. Maybe we can get Chuck to partake.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#287 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:56 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:You want to know another super clutch moment for Romo? His playoff game vs Green Bay in what should have been a win.

Even the NFL themselves have now acknowledged that DEZ CAUGHT IT.

But you know, the final score dictates your opinion of players so what can you do? Romo sucks.

Yes. Dez caught it.

And we would have still lost that game because our vaunted defense that afternoon couldn't pass rush nor otherwise stop a one legged QB who had all day to throw on that final Packer drive.

Go back and watch. It never changes.

Yeah !!! A defense lead by D. Ware. Go back and watch how D. Ware got gashed all afternoon in that one. Watch how the one legged Rodgers set up Ware with screens, draws, etc., to his side. A joy to watch. :nod: :ouch: :banghead:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,998

Post#288 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jan 8, 2022 3:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:You want to know another super clutch moment for Romo? His playoff game vs Green Bay in what should have been a win.

Even the NFL themselves have now acknowledged that DEZ CAUGHT IT.

But you know, the final score dictates your opinion of players so what can you do? Romo sucks.

Yes. Dez caught it.

And we would have still lost that game because our vaunted defense that afternoon couldn't pass rush nor otherwise stop a one legged QB who had all day to throw on that final Packer drive.

Yeah !!! A defense lead by D. Ware. Go back and watch how D. Ware got gashed all afternoon in that one. Watch how the one legged Rodgers set up Ware with screens, draws, etc., to his side. A joy to watch. :nod: :ouch: :banghead:

Uhh… Ware was with Denver that year. Released in March 2014. The Cowboys/Packers game was in January 2015.

Nice try.

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Assistant Coach

Post#289 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:14 pm

Tonight our defense is without Parsons (covid) and both of our starting CBs are out. Brown and Diggs.

So we'll see if this offense can put up enough points to make up for a very hobbled defense.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,851

Post#290 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:From an outsiders perspective, you guys are way too hard on Romo fwiw. He was good. Not elite. But very good. For whatever reason he just didn't have a ton of luck on his side when it came to postseason success.

You can tell that his Football IQ is off the charts just by listening to him call games.

No we are not. Stay out of it troll. Romo was a bum that didn't even deserve a mop job. :kissmybutt: :wink:

Next time don't quote me.

No, he wasn't a bum.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#291 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 6:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Yes. Dez caught it.

Uhh… Ware was with Denver that year. Released in March 2014. The Cowboys/Packers game was in January 2015.

Nice try.
Nevermind. I was thinking of the wrong game. I was thinking abut the 2009 game vs, the Giants. Anyways the defense did stink in that game too.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#292 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 6:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Next time don't quote me.

No, he wasn't a bum.

I never said you called him a bum. [b]I called him a bum. [/b]
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#293 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 6:19 pm

So if you guys are going to be around tonight for the game, let me know. I can turn on the computer and watch the game at the same time if you guys are going to be here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#294 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Tonight our defense is without Parsons (covid) and both of our starting CBs are out. Brown and Diggs.

So we'll see if this offense can put up enough points to make up for a very hobbled defense.

I’m really interested to see how Kelvin Joseph does. He actually played pretty well against DeVonte Smith when they were in college. He’s also started to show some flashes that he can actually play.

I expect this game to look a lot like the 3rd preseason game. Unless the score is close the starters will likely be sitting by halftime.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#295 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So if you guys are going to be around tonight for the game, let me know. I can turn on the computer and watch the game at the same time if you guys are going to be here.

I’ll be on. Impost from my phone so I’m pretty much always on or lurking during the games.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#296 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:19 pm

Nobody mentioned that Michael Gallup is out for the rest of the season. Even though that sucks, I don't think Cedric Wilson is a downgrade at all. I actually like the kid from what I've seen from him so far this year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So if you guys are going to be around tonight for the game, let me know. I can turn on the computer and watch the game at the same time if you guys are going to be here.

I’m on Twitter during the game. Real time interaction with fans is the way I roll.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#298 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nobody mentioned that Michael Gallup is out for the rest of the season. Even though that sucks, I don't think Cedric Wilson is a downgrade at all. I actually like the kid from what I've seen from him so far this year.

Yea sucks for Gallup, especially with his FA coming up this off season. I think the Cowboys will be fine though with Wilson, Turner, and Brown being able to fill in. What they will miss though is Gallup’s jump ball ability. He’s really good on 50/50 balls.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#299 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:24 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I’m on Twitter during the game. Real time interaction with fans is the way I roll.

I’m on Twitter too sometimes. There are A LOT of idiots on there but you also do have all the insiders tweets too which I like, and like you said in real time.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I’m on Twitter too sometimes. There are A LOT of idiots on there but you also do have all the insiders tweets too which I like, and like you said in real time.

I’ve learned to filter out the idiots. And like you say - there are a LOT that require filtering. And also as you say - the insider perspectives are great.

Return to Dallas Cowboys